Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mgs V Trailer...

TheErebus.

I'm one of many that declared this game dead after how unceremoniously they dismissed David Hayter.

Nothing could get me to look twice at it unless he's announced to be returning.

For a voice actor, you're gonna not even bother?

Wow that's...stupid. I adore David Hayter, but Sutherland does a damn good job.

For a voice actor, you're gonna not even bother?

Wow that's...stupid. I adore David Hayter, but Sutherland does a damn good job.

He's become synonymous with the character, and the series. He's a lot more than a voice.

It's not even that they replaced him, it's how they did it. They just swept him under the rug, without even informing him until he reached out. In interviews, it's pretty obvious that he's sore about how the whole thing played out.

He's been with the series from the beginning. That's like having a trusty old race horse that's won every race for you, but you swap him out anyway in the last race for a more expensive, supposedly superior horse rather than the one that has gotten you that far.

Pass.

-snip-

Whatever, you'll be missing out on a potentially brilliant game because some voice actor got replaced. 

Also that makes no sense. The horse is the whole thing (the game), but here, it's just changing the Jockey (VA) or something. The Jockey doesn't matter, it's how the horse plays out. And the horse here has never been changed.

Hayter did not move the series to where it is. 

Edited by TheErebus.

Whatever, you'll be missing out on a potentially brilliant game because some voice actor got replaced. 

Also that makes no sense. The horse is the whole thing (the game), but here, it's just changing the Jockey (VA) or something. The Jockey doesn't matter, it's how the horse plays out. And the horse here has never been changed.

Hayter did not move the series to where it is. 

Nah, in my analogy the race track is the game. Hayter is pretty iconic... I struggle to think of a more iconic NA voice actor in a game. 

Warframe is plagued with problems, and sometimes it seems completely hopeless, but what keeps me playing the game is that I respect the developers passion and vision, as well as their practice and ethics. If you've ever seen Hayter in interviews, it's obvious that he's immensely proud of his role, and passionate about the franchise. The way that these developers treated him compromised my respect for their ethics, and I refuse to support any game that I don't respect, no matter how good it is. It's just a moral thing.

EDIT: Also, obviously I have not kept up on the game... why the heck does Big Boss have a freaking horn? He looks like Daniel Radcliffe from... Horns...

Edited by AM-Bunny

-snip-

Morals?

Jesus christ, it's just a voice actor, I'd understand if Hideo Kojima was sacked and someone else took the helm, but David Hayter not being chosen changes nothing in the game. Snake is still Snake, MGS is still MGS, and is still alive. I love Hayter, but this is how things are. Again, you wanna miss the game for some BS reason, go right ahead.

And that horn is a shrapnel fragment.

Edited by TheErebus.

Morals?

Jesus christ, it's just a voice actor, I'd understand if Hideo Kojima was sacked and someone else took the helm, but David Hayter not being chosen changes nothing in the game. Snake is still Snake, MGS is still MGS, and is still alive. I love Hayter, but this is how things are. Again, you wanna miss the game for some BS reason, go right ahead.

And that horn is a shrapnel fragment.

Well, as I said, Hayter was genuinely passionate about the role, while Kiefer will probably forget about it two weeks after he's done recording his lines. I suppose the notion that talent could render passion irrelevant bothers me. I was really impressed with Hayter's performance in MGS4, and I just feel like there's a hole without him, like I can barely regard it as an MGS game.

I suppose I can see how it could seem unimportant to some people.

There's always Revengeance 2 :3

I suppose the notion that talent could render passion irrelevant bothers me. 

That's just how it is.

If a product requires a certain skill, it's best to go for that skill.

Hayter is iconic, but come on, that typical growly voice isn't interesting. That's why they went with Kiefer. 

I just feel like there's a hole without him, like I can barely regard it as an MGS game.

To me, a MGS game without Kojima isn't an MGS game. No one can match his style.