Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Blueprints

Llyssa

I've been checking the twitter feed constantly, avoiding sleep, waiting for Vauban blueprints.

The only one that's shown up so far came an hour after I finally couldn't stay up any longer, and ended before I was up again.

It should probably be a bit more common for the first week here, as it would be a great promotional tool--most people aren't going to throw $20 at you for a frame they've never seen anyone use, outside of a video.

Actually watching it in action as it helps your team would be(if it's actually any good) a much better selling point than some editted vid.

Have not seen one yet, and the price point means it won't be common for quite a while.

It would make sense to have a short burst of making it getable in order to at least put it out there for all to see.

As-is, it's discouraging, and considering the "useless skills" threads, it will likely stay that way--most of the skills it has don't seem like they'd appeal to the typical "stand toe to toe and shoot them in the face" players from just the video alone.

I'm very disappointed and sleep-deprived at this point. I'd like to try it out, or see it in  actual action, but I've done neither, and I'm not spending $20 on something that might actually suck pretty badly. I can't imagine I'm alone on this.

I partly agree. It doesn't suck at all, have seen plenty of them (if you do Sedna - Kappa or Ceres - Kiste you'll see plenty too, since those are the two most popular leveling spots and for good reason)

In fact, I expect a nerf on it somewhat, sooner or later because it's, in fact, too good.

And no, I don't have it. I missed the alert on similar circumstances to yours, unfortunately =(.

It has been said thousand of times already. Pay for it. If you cant afford/doesnt want to pay then wait patiently.

In any other mmo you probably would need to wait... for a year for it be free.

Also theres app for android which really helps as it can work as alarm clock.

It's okay man things can wait. They could as well give you all the alert missions you want, but would you be happy? No, because the satisfaction of the game comes from the progress really, not the outcome.

P.S. I know its cliché but it's true too.

Edited by Pull

Well I see him quiet often. It's not like no one will buy it. Cause it seems to be a really funny char.

I'm sorry you missed it because of a different timezone, but the alert will come again. 

It has been said thousand of times already. Pay for it. If you cant afford/doesnt want to pay then wait patiently.

In any other mmo you probably would need to wait... for a year for it be free.

Also theres app for android which really helps as it can work as alarm clock.

We're talking exactly about the android app. I even have a thread about it. The ignorance of most posters is appaling.

The android app, the Nexus, still doesn't have Vauban Filters. So either we set the app to notify for every single alert, or we don't get the Vauban alert at all.

And if we do set it to notificy for every single alert, it means waking up every 30 minutes.

I've seen alot of people play as Vauban.

Stop complaining.

There's a difference between complaining, and criticism. We make it so the game improves. Look at the name of the section this thread was made.

The android app, the Nexus, still doesn't have Vauban Filters. So either we set the app to notify for every single alert, or we don't get the Vauban alert at all.

I have filters on most stuff and it still ringed on todays vauban systems

Hey guess what? I missed it too, went out to dinner and had a great night with friends. Checked my phone and saw it was up and sure i was a little dissapointed, but you know what? It WILL show up again. On top of which you would only have the systems blueprint and still wouldnt be able to build it.  This is a tantrum thread about not having something handed to you, pure and simple.  As has been said before, if you want it so bad that youll go without sleep to possibly get 1/3 of the blueprints needed, then BUY it.  And theyre not very rare, i see them constantly and they look fun as hell.  As for me, Im happy to patiently wait till the next time i see it on alert.  And great job DE, it really does look like a fun Frame to play.

it rings the alarm even without the Vauban Filters somehow, i was like, "oh, potato ! oh no, Vauban !".

I paid for a Vauban and I must say it is pretty fun to play with.  I also have played with plenty of other people whom also have it and enjoy playing Vauban.  IMO Vauban doesn't have one so called useless ability.  

There's been plenty of people paying for it, and there will be a lot more. Making sure something is free for the first week isn't going to help them keep their salary and servers running. That's not how the world works. Until there's a perfectly valid, better, alternative proposed, there's nothing to do about alerts. Making them less random is not a good option for anyone.

i disagree. i've played with a few vaubans here and there in public games so it's not like they don't exist. There are plenty of players who are willing to buy him and support the company. I don't think the DE should just GIVE us anything otherwise this game would be $&*&*#(%&. Sometimes you have to actually work for something as well as get a little lucky. Furthermore, how do you know the vauban bp from the alert the other day won't come up again before all 3 bps have made an appearance?? you might be complaining for nothing.

Wow I did not notice Systems blueprint came up! I've been watching it like a hawk and it came up early in the morning yesterday?? That's really frustrating.

But to your comment.... I've seen Vauban all over the place and while I wish I had one, I think it's good for the devs to make some money off the game they spend 40+ hours a week developing so we could enjoy it.

Do I wish the BP showed up more? Yes. But that sounds more like a personal problem to me.

Edit: The Warframe Nexus for Android doesn't offer Vauban bluprint notifications. That explains why I missed systems. -_-....

Edited by simeo77

You probably dont see anyone playing it becouse (As my self) they have already ranked it up to 30 on the first night and are now busy with the other commun Warframes in the list.

The Vauban is a great warframe to play with and im very eeger for a Female version to come out since when i finish ranking everyone up im going to use it full time.

Don't worry friend! Hang in there you'll have him in like. Um. A year.

with how fast it's systems were available, i highly doubt it will take a year to complete him...

rather in the direction of 2-3 weeks if you're paying attention...

I've been checking the twitter feed constantly, avoiding sleep, waiting for Vauban blueprints.

The only one that's shown up so far came an hour after I finally couldn't stay up any longer, and ended before I was up again.

It should probably be a bit more common for the first week here, as it would be a great promotional tool--most people aren't going to throw $20 at you for a frame they've never seen anyone use, outside of a video.

Actually watching it in action as it helps your team would be(if it's actually any good) a much better selling point than some editted vid.

Have not seen one yet, and the price point means it won't be common for quite a while.

It would make sense to have a short burst of making it getable in order to at least put it out there for all to see.

As-is, it's discouraging, and considering the "useless skills" threads, it will likely stay that way--most of the skills it has don't seem like they'd appeal to the typical "stand toe to toe and shoot them in the face" players from just the video alone.

I'm very disappointed and sleep-deprived at this point. I'd like to try it out, or see it in  actual action, but I've done neither, and I'm not spending $20 on something that might actually suck pretty badly. I can't imagine I'm alone on this.

I feel your pain, I look forward to when I finally get it but until then our only option is just to be patient. The Devs actually talked about this with the Glaive blueprint in the live stream, with the exception for the 24h alerts they trigger themselves for those livestreams, they don't have any control over the alert generation. This is partly so that it's still elusive and feels good when you get it and also so they don't end up excluding players in certain time zones by focusing on daytime for GMT or EST or something, Everyone has the same chance of it showing up when they're awake. It's just the luck of the draw.

Okay off on a tangent, but can anyone tell me why "Glaive" has come to refer to a big ninja star? In real life a Glaive is a polearm with a big choppy blade on the end. The closest real life counterpart I can find to glaives as they're found in a lot of games is the Chakram from India.

Maybe they could make the dojo available for test-driving all the stuff they got? You know, choose any warframe, select any weapons (not just those you own), then fight against a few waves of holo enemies?

Okay off on a tangent, but can anyone tell me why "Glaive" has come to refer to a big ninja star? In real life a Glaive is a polearm with a big choppy blade on the end. The closest real life counterpart I can find to glaives as they're found in a lot of games is the Chakram from India.

iirc, there was a movie in which the hero needed a special weapon called The Glaive to kill the big bad. or something. I don't remeber the movie's name. people have been copypastaing that ever since.