Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Utility Of Bounce

Menoetius

I was wondering, what utility can actually be accomplished with Bounce? All of Vauban's other skills have a nice synergy-  Bastille and Vortex work keep opponents in the range of the Tesla damage, but Bounce feels very much tacked on, really out of place, and overall not useful. Are there some uses I've just missed? 

Bounce is good in the Corpus spaceship map for Defense mission because if you placed it on a right position, you can bounce the enemy backwards. Leveling Bounce increases the use of it. As for chain effects, try Bounce and Tesla. It does a great job keeping enemies on the ground while Tesla does it's attacks. Additionally, Bounce and Vortex causes knockdowns that are unique, for now. Fire your weapons on a knocked down enemy and it forces them to reset their get-up animation, effectively making an infinite knockdown scenario.

Edited by matrixEXO

Why didn't he get land mines, claymores, turrets, drones or explody roller balls instead? Those all seem like engineer type things.

This is Warframe, NOT Call of Duty. That is all. (No disrespect intended, but this game is made to make you think about your action on the field) 

I love the way he plays, and as for the Utility of Bounce - be creative with it. Think Loki, with the ability to fling enemies with a decoy. (I think? really stretching it here.. you figure it out!) 

Back to running more missions! 

Why didn't he get land mines, claymores, turrets, drones or explody roller balls instead? Those all seem like engineer type things.

Yeah, nothing about him says "engineer" to me. Trapper sort of fits because of the mines, but it pretty much ends there. They took a lot of liberties with the concept. I would have preferred some kind of ammo restoration ability, or versions of enemy attacks like laser tripwires and the rollers you mentioned.

have a friend be a volt or a vauban

have the vauban set the bounce down

have the volt get some distance and sprint towards it with his second ability activated

you will NOT know where you will end up 

OK, now I want to see a video of this.

Its like the Warframe version of Jackass.

Edited by Grilleds

The bounce pad seems to me, at least in theory, to be a great way to quickly secure the high ground and give you cover when out in the open. there are lots of catwalks and cliff ledges where ordinarily you'd have to walk all the way around, unless you are nimble as hell like Loki and can run up pretty much anything. This lets you quickly get up into position without having to go for the stairs. I'm betting it'd be a huge boon for a team with slower frames like Rhino, Frost and Saryn.

So if you're surrounded by Moas and need to get the hell out quickly, slap the bounce pad on the ground and jump for a catwalk. If you're on defense and one of your team is providing long range support from a vantage point, you can place it at the bottom of their perch so between waves they can easily jump down, grab mods and ammo pickups, then bounce easily back into position instead of having to climb all the way back up again. If you're just moving through a big area with a vertical transition of some sort, place the bounce pad and give your less agile teammates a boost.

I use it with Dual Zorens slide slash to fly 1000 feet across any map/room for fast travel.

Everyone's gonna hate me for this but I hope they fix that Zoren dash thing, just looks weird and tanks shouldn't be able to outpace everyone.

Edited by Deteno

If you use bounce wisely  you can put fellow tenno into high up places, or smash enemies into the ceiling and laugh your butt  off as they fall to the ground either injured, knocked out, or dead. You can even use bounce to slow enemies down, if you're in a mine map, and you place it just right so enemies just shoot right out of the pipes instead of following you through.

I accidently discovered a bug last weekend when ranking up with my Vauban along with my Boyfriend using his and a friend using the Vauban aswell.

When going up an elevator, i decided to fool around abit and place the bounce on the floor for me to jump up ahead but my boyfriend stepped on it instead. He went straight through the sealing on the elevator shaft and started to walk on top of the stage areas trying to find a way back in and ended up falling through the sealing on another room.

As for the topic, its up to the player to have creativity on how to use the skill.

As for trolling, just try not doing it with who you dont know.