The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana.

Kustadin

Question

12 answers to this question

Dragon nikana is one of the best melee weapons in game. yes you should potato it. and you should go for raw damage. with blind justice, however, you can actually do a crit build thanks to one of it's combos

+1

That's all that needed to be said, really.

In my opinion Dragon Nikana isn't as good as majority of the playerbase seems to think. It doesn't come close to the strongest melees in damage or dps and also has very bad mobility from spin and air attacks.

It's strong and very cool but doesn't compare to the best ones otherwise than with the cool factor.

Dragon nikana is one of the best melee weapons in game. yes you should potato it. and you should go for raw damage. with blind justice, however, you can actually do a crit build thanks to one of it's combos

+1

That's all that needed to be said, really.

Thumb up from me too. I run a crit build and it's amazing. Although I got Dakra Prime and forgot the dragon nikana, but the nikana have given me tons of fun and good damage output. So totally potato it! :D

Scindo P , Orthos P, and Dragon Nikana are my favorite melee weapons. 

I prefer Orthos P for the quickness, but Scindo is hard hitting.

But now I have to add in Silva and Aegis just for the aesthetic feature because of Excaliburs Exalted blade, its just for aesthetical purposes lol.. 

SO yeah!! Potato it! 

Edited by valenvengence

the dragon is good.   Its not the best, but its easy to come by, and its solid.    I look at it this way --- I am a casual player, I am not likely to use a lot of melee on anything above level 30, 35 maybe, on a regular basis.   The dragon can handle that, and it attacks the front arc so I actually HIT the target that is right in front of me instead of the container on my side.   About half the melee weapons don't hit where you are aiming with your targeting blip...  this frustrates me, and I won't use the ones that don't.     Quick melee attacks are aoe, small but you can cut 3 or so enemy in half all at once with it.   None of this is unique to the dragon, but those are its strong points, and it does decent damage. 

Most of the time mine is modded for gas&slash to clear out waves of peon infested.   I did remod it for the melee only event last week, but the rest of the time, its purpose in my arsenal is to kill crawlies. 

Edited by jonnin