Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

So people can't wait until they can use Excalibur for themselves before they complain? Good Lotus, some people are incredibly impatient to be negative about something that will barely change his playstyle. This is why every hype train crashes in vice versa - people get excited when they can't use it but lose interest when they can.

Wait, so...You're opposing the rework because having to press one more button is unacceptable? Well...See, it's funny, cause think how many button presses you wasted with a certain thread. >_>

Different game.

Why the hell would OP not want the reworked Excalibur? The rework blew away almost everyone's expectations in a good way. Slash Dash is a #1 ability that actually looks extremely decent. You can even aim it at the air to zoom upwards. 

Said it many times. He is losing his mobility, he is losing his playstyle.

He is now being turned into something else.

And what's decent about it that makes it better than before?

Was it that difficult to hit enemies that you now need it to target enemies for you?

From the looks for it, it looks like you are losing a lot of dmg potential since it has become single target when before you hit anything in front of you.

Step one: Jump

Step two: Look up while jumping

Step three: melee

You have now outdone superjump.

and its free.

And arguably more enjoyable.

Press 3, i already beat your whole post.

Different game.

Was it that difficult to hit enemies that you now need it to target enemies for you?

From the looks for it, it looks like you are losing a lot of dmg potential since it has become single target when before you hit anything in front of you.

now it will become press one to go 3 time farther with domage capacity

Slash dash can be aimable upwards allowing excalibur to hit midair targets as well jump as high or even higher than super jump. I'm certain there's some form of mobility loss somewhere in there /s.

He's being turned into a swordsman centered frame as said on devstream, surprising ain't it?

It furthers melee play as cancelling it prematurely equips your current melee. It also allows excalibur more control over who he attacks as he's not running in a straight line.

Also slash dash was doing 1k damage against level 1 butchers, I'd say the damage potential was increased. Vs you know, 500.

He also didn't use any energy for his mobility, vs yours...

And also he doesn't have an entire skill dedicated to jumping when our mobility is being reworked.

Step one: Jump

Step two: Look up while jumping

Step three: melee

You have now outdone superjump.

and its free.

And arguably more enjoyable.

Directional melee is far too sluggish to dodge stuff reliably. Nullifier bullets especially, and Bombard rockets as well if you're using any non-staff/polearm weapon.

But yeah, now that we've seen a preview of what Excal's going to look like after the revamp, I (a vehement Super Jump supporter) am pretty much at peace.

Like, have you guys seen that new slash dash? It's like SD and SJ had a glorious baby that improves mobility by craptons while retaining SJ's panic-button capabilities! I was skeptical about the update at first because one of the best panic-buttons in the game was removed, but now I'm 100% looking forward to the update because it's effectively being replaced with a panic button that's just as good, if not better.

I mean, yeah, enemies will be able to shoot at you in midair since you won't be invisible anymore, but if what the livestream showed is a near-final-product, then you'll be moving so fast that you'll be practically untouchable anyways. Especially from sniper units, which have recently become notoriously bad at hitting airborne targets (as anyone who's played with a roomful of Nullifiers in the Simalcrum knows).

EDIT:

Watch the livestream, man.

- Slash Dash hits far more enemies per cast now. One button press allows you pinball between swathes of enemies, and it appears to both add to and scale from (!) the melee combo counter. The only downside with the new SD is that its cast time (and therefore your mobility) is slower if there's a thick crowd involved, which can potentially be bad news if the health-invulnerability-frames are removed... but considering the long animation lock that forces you into melee range, I highly doubt this will happen.

- Regarding mobility, Slash Dash does everything that our current SD&SJ combos can do and more. The only thing we lose in this regard is the ability to quickly dash through a large crowd, but if we get a half-decent enemy targeting system, we'll be able to replicate the effect by simply dashing over them instead.

- Regarding playstyle, Slash Dash got buffed, Radial Blind got buffed, Super Jump effectively got buffed (integrated into SD; now with 10000% faster horizontal movement!), and we know nothing about Javelin, but apparently that's going to be better too. So, by the looks of things so far, Excal's non-rep-farm playstyle actually doesn't need to change from the current situation very much if you don't want it to-- you can even simply avoid his new 4 and there will be very little you can do post-revamp that you can't currently do now!

We'll have to get used to some new parkour maneuvers and we'll have to get used to pressing 1 instead of 3, but really, it doesn't seem like any part of our current playstyle will be lost with this update. Except maybe shooting while invisible; I'm gonna miss that.

TL;DR

We'll have to wait for more details, but from what we've seen so far, this update really looks like a win-win for every Excal player involved. Props to DE for miraculously being able to satisfy the "remove SJ!" and the "keep SJ!" crowds at the same time!

Edited by SortaRandom

I am just going to say I am looking forward to the new rework, but I am also not arguing with OP (while I don't feel the need to "protest") I did enjoy super jump.   I am not going to lie when zephyr was announced I may have maxed power strength on excal equipped drakgoon and proceeded to jump into air yelling "Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdfraaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!" while raining hell upon those below me.  Those are good times and those times will be missed, but I think we can all agree that the synergies between his new power and slash dash (even RB) are pretty nice.  I think we should wait for the rework before "protesting" or "praising" it (that being said I am a sucker for blade waves).

Really? Can you tell me how to directional jump by pressing one button?

I totally missed that.

We will leave out the other effects and just focus on that.

How do you do it?

STOP EVERYTHING! This guy is so right! Excalibur will be total garbage without Super Jump, it is not worth it. 

In fact, replace all his abilities with Super Jump, all the other ones are useless.

now it will become press one to go 3 time farther with domage capacity

Slash dash can be aimable upwards allowing excalibur to hit midair targets as well jump as high or even higher than super jump. I'm certain there's some form of mobility loss somewhere in there /s.

Jump forward at an angle. Dont know if it goes straight up or if it does dmg one the air. Plus it now cost 25 instead of 10. It's not longer the escape ability it was.

It furthers melee play as cancelling it prematurely equips your current melee.

Further melee play in a frame not built for melee. . .  nice?

It also allows excalibur more control over who he attacks as he's not running in a straight line.

How do you conclude "more control" when you have absolutely NO control over what the ability targets?

Before wherever you pointed at is where exactly you went. 

Also slash dash was doing 1k damage against level 1 butchers, I'd say the damage potential was increased. Vs you know, 500.

Dont know if that was final but it does make sense since you are hitting less targets and have no control.

I mean, imagine seeing a heavy in front but he happens to be surrounded by a group of standard troops and you SnD to try to stop him from doing his thing but because the targeting is random you hit everyone buy the heavy. Oh man.... i am waiting to see the complaining.

He also didn't use any energy for his mobility, vs yours...

Is still one button. You are not going to beat that unless you get zero button hits.

That's the point of it, quick cast power.

And also he doesn't have an entire skill dedicated to jumping when our mobility is being reworked.

I dont see how Super Warframe Brothers help this.

Jump forward at an angle. Dont know if it goes straight up or if it does dmg one the air. Plus it now cost 25 instead of 10. It's not longer the escape ability it was.

How do you conclude "more control" when you have absolutely NO control over what the ability targets?

Dont know if that was final but it does make sense since you are hitting less targets and have no control.

I mean, imagine seeing a heavy in front but he happens to be surrounded by a group of standard troops and you SnD to try to stop him from doing his thing but because the targeting is random you hit everyone buy the heavy. Oh man.... i am waiting to see the complaining.

Is still one button. You are not going to beat that unless you get zero button hits.

please stop bringing this back... let it die

I'm just gonna end this here. It's obvious you have no intentions of changing your opinion. At this point enough people have tried to convince you but you remain stubborn.

You could argue all you want, if the excalibur reworks were so harmful they wouldn't be seeing so much praise from DE across all media, whether forums, reddit, youtube ect. If you want to holdon the pipe dream of old excalibur by all means do, the rest of us will embrace progress.

Edited by Buzkyl

Only thing I would like to see is a base health and/or armor boost for Excal (both versions.) As it is right now his base armor and health is just not built for melee unless you have everything blinded 24/7 and good luck doing that with only 300 energy and either no duration (fleeting expertise) or no range (narrow minded.)

How can ou say excal isn't a melee frame, literally all his abilities but super jump involve a melee weapon, the ethereal skana

His stats are not suited for it. 65 armor... That is S#&$. He needs at least as much as Saryn has armor wise.

i would have liked if they make something new instead radial jawelin it looks silly imo. I mostly use 1-2 on him cause i prefer to kill stuff with weapons not abilities. gimme more CC :D

I would like to  Excal be like commando frame (for me he already is) Blinding evrything and then shooting small mobs and stabbing big mobs in the eye for 1 hit KO, noone can touch me he he lol i really like excal .

Excal for Life !

EDIT i mostly exited about his new  1 and 2 reworks better dash and inbuild radial finish i probably wont use the 3-4 abilities much.

Like i dont use them now much.

Please add some armor on him <3

Edited by Mathemagics

Um I think his new rework is going fantastic. It gives him damage AND mobility without losing his CC.

So he's gonna be fine, thanks.

It will be fine if they make for new ult more damage. Even a little more.

No one has even experienced the rework yet.  How about you calm down, try it out first, and then complain if you don't like it.

Maybe you right... It just make me angry, when DE says that 1 and 3 skills which I use for escape and for speed will be reworked and 1 skill wouldn`t work without enemy targeting((

Too many emotions I think)

Maybe you right... It just make me angry, when DE says that 1 and 3 skills which I use for escape and for speed will be reworked and 1 skill wouldn`t work without enemy targeting((

Too many emotions I think)

They showed his skills in action. his 1 is still usable as an escape. it has verticality and looks to be a better version of both his current 1 and super jump. Im hyped for his rework. looks like itll be a ton of fun

They at least partly reworked SD to work like this, stop asking for more than we need

This is not just about SJ, this is about his playstyle. Said this many times.

STOP EVERYTHING! This guy is so right! Excalibur will be total garbage without Super Jump, it is not worth it. 

In fact, replace all his abilities with Super Jump, all the other ones are useless.

Never said Cal is garbage without SJ. This is not about SJ, this is about giving people the option to keep the original abilities. Said this many times.

lol what in the world is the guy on?

keep his old set of powers

if thats the case

ember

frost

nyx

Valkyr

I want there old sets back

I am asking for the option to keep the original abilities not for the rework to not happen. People that want the new abilities can have them but they should give people that dont want them the ability to keep them.

But i would like to have CC king Rhino back. That guy was fun. Radial Blast was the best oh poop power ever. That power saved me so many times. I didnt use Iron Skin a lot.