Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

CC King Rhino killed the game, that's why it's never coming back.

It was Iron Skin it wasnt his ability to CC

Uh, hell no. I've been wanting his super jump gone since day 1. I would rage to no end if Excal Prime didn't get the rework.

Some folks are asking for the option to keep the original power not to stop the rework.

People have also said many times-- the playstyle won't change much if you don't want it to. Excal will have virtually all of his abilities post-revamp that he does now, including Super Jump.

Sorry but it's changing, if you want to Radial Blind yourself to the situation fine but the stream clearly show he is different. Specially when Rebs mistakenly showed sharkwing.

You'll have to get used to a few minor changes (like pressing 1 instead of 3, swinging the camera up before pressing 1, and aiming upwards slightly if you want to SD past a crowd quickly), but ultimately, if you don't feel like using his new 4, then the revamp will likely have less of an impact on Excal's playstyle than Movement 2.0 will. Obviously things won't be exactly the same as they are now (SJ will actually have an energy cost, for instance), but jeez, it's not like they're removing our ability to jump high, dodge stuff, and quickly relocate ourselves. If anything, they're improving it.

Scape and Dash now needs you looking at where you can possibly land if you wish to use it.

Scape and Dash cost 25 and not 10 which means that you need to now cover that extra energy. It's not going to be that easy escape ability.

Plus i am very sure that RB and RJ will be changed on their effect based on everything else changing. It's highly unlikely that those two powers will just be moved down and that's it.

You and a large handful of other Excal players (including myself) have been vehemently against removal of Excal's ability to do certain things, most notably SJ, and DE took our thoughts into account when they made the changes. Have some faith in DE and don't worry about it so much.

Given the changes done to the previous frame the faith meter is at zero.

You're asking for the option to still use the old Excal after the rework? I understand why you want that, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad idea, but logistically I don't think that will happen. 

Can you see DE really allowing two different ability sets for the same frame? I really think that's unlikely, afraid to say. 

Some folks are asking for the option to keep the original power not to stop the rework.

Read what I was quoting....... Anyway it's not going to happen because that would require a lot of extra work for DE and they already take far too long to update/balance frames with only one ability set.

Sorry but it's changing, if you want to Radial Blind yourself to the situation fine but the stream clearly show he is different. Specially when Rebs mistakenly showed sharkwing.

My entire post was literally describing the showcased changes in detail and explaining how we SJ-lovers can work around them, and your response to that is "but our precious excal is changing, did you even watch the stream"?

Come on, man.

Scape and Dash now needs you looking at where you can possibly land if you wish to use it.

Scape and Dash cost 25 and not 10 which means that you need to now cover that extra energy. It's not going to be that easy escape ability.

Plus i am very sure that RB and RJ will be changed on their effect based on everything else changing. It's highly unlikely that those two powers will just be moved down and that's it.

- I know. I already said that.

- RB's only changes will be the cast-on-the-move thing and the forced finishers (which I'm personally not a fan of at all. I expect that there will be tons of clamoring for "Let us move Finishers to 'Contextual Use (X)' instead of 'Melee (E)'!" right when the update hits); and literally anything that the devs could possibly do to RJ will make it more practical in gameplay than it is now.

Edited by SortaRandom

Basically everything you said boils down to not knowing what changes they are making outside of the new 4th and the removal of SJ. Which is true, and I don't understand why you are crying about it right now. Also, it being an optional change will never happen. That's too much extra work for DE.

PS, his first ability is called slash dash not slash and dash so if you're going to shorten it it should be SD not SnD.

The discussion has explained several point through the thread. Read up on it to see what has been talked out. The last post is not the discussion it's the last post.

Except that's not how reworks work. The older skillset is altered/removed entirely and is updated There's no reason to leave excalibur Old skill set aside from nostalgia. His current skill set is heavily outdated.

And by that reasoning why not give us the old ember and rhino skillsets back? If you want players to play a new and updated frame, leaving it's old skillset ingame dimishes that. You're asking for 2 separate frames, the Old and New excalibur. Everytime a frame rework happens everyone always goes " I miss when X had Y".

The same thing happening here, you're just going to have to deal with it.

Yeah, i want CC Rhino back. And Ember was changed for the same reason Ex has been changing nonstop for several months now, cause there was one ability that could be cheesed. Why not bring her back but just fixed that ability to have a max stat boost.

And having the option for another version doesnt stop anything as this thread shows that both sides exist.

Not everyone plays with every frame yet DE keeps pumping them out. They are not afraid of having some people not play certain things.

What? That's like saying "without invul is going to be tricky shooting ranged enemies with Loki. Invisibility and Disarm are nice but are limited".

Range is not melee.

You literally just stated the perfect solution to the problem right there. Just use a slide attack as a distance closer and boom, you're untouchable and free to enjoy your Finishers and/or crazy multihit stealth multipliers.

You are not untouchable, you CC people close to you. We dont know the range, everyone else is still able to attack you.

The only enemy that can counter this is a Nullifier, and as any current pure-melee Excal knows, they aren't exactly hard to deal with. Just jump and use Directional Melee or something and their accuracy drops to zero.

Given that you are not invulnerable, anyone can counter you. Anyone that staggers, stuns, knockdowns, blinds, whatever effect can be place you, etc, etc.

And what's the point of jumping around when the point of the 4th is to be in the middle of combat?

wait seriously there are people so delusional they don't want the new Excalibur?!

I dont know, i havent seen anyone say so in this thread.

You're asking for the option to still use the old Excal after the rework? I understand why you want that, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad idea, but logistically I don't think that will happen. 

Can you see DE really allowing two different ability sets for the same frame? I really think that's unlikely, afraid to say. 

Yes i can see that. This is why i am asking for it.

My entire post was literally describing the showcased changes in detail and explaining how we SJ-lovers can work around them, and your response to that is "but our precious excal is changing, did you even watch the stream"?

Come on, man.

That was replying to another post.

My reply to your post is what you are replying to next.

So you agree that they are not minor changes?

- RB's only changes will be the cast-on-the-move thing and the forced finishers (which I'm personally not a fan of at all. I expect that there will be tons of clamoring for "Let us move Finishers to 'Contextual Use (X)' instead of 'Melee (E)'!" right when the update hits); and literally anything that the devs could possibly do to RJ will make it more practical in gameplay than it is now.

Has this been confirmed? From the stream this thread has been talking about i dont think they said that RB is locked on what is going to be.