Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 With Words From De Steve. Gone:copter-Flying, Stamina, Wallrun!

Mak_Gohae

There are other ways to move fast.

I'm glad that people will be forced to slow down and pay attention to their surroundings a bit more, we aren't going that slowly anyways.

There are, but none of them are as fast as coptering.

Also, this game has 0 incentive to pay attention to your surroundings, as nothing that you can loot drops anything worth taking time to look for. Even the addition of rare crates didn't help much, since they don't drop particularly good rewards. Better just to complete the objective quickly for a number of credits larger by orders of magnitude than anything you could pick up from a crate.

Why would steve call that fuel for a doom thread?

They said they trashed the wallrunning we saw from that stream when they mistakenly showed sharkwing.

Wow, this thread wasn't satire after all.

- He called it fuel for a doom thread because he was making fun of the "OMG EVERYTHINGS GONNA SUCK THEYRE GONNA REMOVE WALLRUNNING AND MELEE AND ITLL JUST BE GENERIC COD SHOOTER WITH OLD GRAMPA NINJAS" uninformed overreaction threads that were absolutely certain to happen. Like this one.

- They most certainly did not trash wallrunning. What they trashed was the ugliness that we saw in the devstream before that, with dreadful animations and wall detection and all that-- i.e. no more crappiness; everything has been improved significantly.

Edited by SortaRandom

LATCHED wallrunning gone. They're making it smoother, not removing it.

Coptering needed a nerf. This is good for the game. Melee air attacks needed a nerf more, though.

Stamina removal makes melee far more viable. I dig it.

Try to think before rage posting. It's a novel concept, I know.

If coptering isn't replaced with something equally fast, I'm probably going to quit. This game is only made bearable by going fast.

Tail Wind. Bow down to the true master race frame.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Sprinting? Sliding? Wall-running? Possibly air dashes if they aren't altered too much?

All of the above if appropriately and skillfully combined in a fluent and swift way?

Sprinting is incredibly slow.

Sliding is even slower than sprinting.

Wall-running is going to be "changed" along with coptering, and wallflinging is the only fast way to use it, which will also likely be gone.

Air dashes are almost there, but they have a significant period after using them in which you can't use melee attacks. Also, most weapons' air dashes are pretty poor.

Hahahahah. Lmao.

That's a good one.

This ^^

Not my problem if you're too stuck to coptering. Sprinting is quick enough.

Also, this game has 0 incentive to pay attention to your surroundings, as nothing that you can loot drops anything worth taking time to look for. Even the addition of rare crates didn't help much, since they don't drop particularly good rewards. Better just to complete the objective quickly for a number of credits larger by orders of magnitude than anything you could pick up from a crate.

Tough? Boo-hoo, a bug which wasn't removed is now being removed, I wanna go just as fast. Find another way, good grief. I don't see why you need massive incentive to look around. Appreciate the visuals at a slower pace instead of storming off ahead and leaving other people to deal with the carnage you've left behind.

LATCHED wallrunning gone. They're making it smoother, not removing it.

Coptering needed a nerf. This is good for the game. Melee air attacks needed a nerf more, though.

Stamina removal makes melee far more viable. I dig it.

Try to think before rage posting. It's a novel concept, I know.

Tail Wind. Bow down to the true master race frame.

I love Tail Wind but you spend more time stuck to a wall than you do going fast. Most maps just aren't big enough.

Sprinting is incredibly slow.

Sliding is even slower than sprinting.

Wall-running is going to be "changed" along with coptering, and wallflinging is the only fast way to use it, which will also likely be gone.

Air dashes are almost there, but they have a significant period after using them in which you can't use melee attacks. Also, most weapons' air dashes are pretty poor.

...Incredibly slow? No it's not. It's faster than just trotting along. Sliding isn't even that bad either.

I just think overall you're overreacting and too used to going fast.

...Incredibly slow? No it's not. It's faster than just trotting along. Sliding isn't even that bad either.

I'm not really overreacting, it's just that going fast is the only thing that makes this game fun. People react poorly when you tell them to stop having fun.

Really? Really?? People are willing to quit for a mechanic that originated as a bug? I can understand coptering for when you want to reach a second floor where there are no spots to wallrun from, but more often than not, coptering is more of a hindrance.

Especially so in conclave where players just fly all over the place with Bo Primes...

"Speed. It's so easy to get used to," said the commercial.

I'm not really overreacting, it's just that going fast is the only thing that makes this game fun. People react poorly when you tell them to stop having fun.

Fun isn't in the grinding, granted, so you want to get stuff over and done with but it's not great that you can fly through a mission in a very short space of time when that's clearly not intended.

Thing is there's going to be alternatives, not as quick, but they are there and either people will get used to them and adapt or evidently just leave in a huff because their favourite 'toy' is gone. If this encourages a touch more teamwork... I'm all for it.

Edited by Naith

I love Tail Wind but you spend more time stuck to a wall than you do going fast. Most maps just aren't big enough.

Tail Wind can be used incredibly effectively in most environments, it just takes skill. There are many tricks you can do with Tail Wind to make you go further than you're supposed to, or not as far as you're supposed to. Probably the most useful tip I could give you is that Dive Bomb can be used at any point during Tail Wind to cut it short.

Still, it needs work. I'd like to see Tail Wind instantly end if you have a head-on collision with an object. This would make the ability far more forgiving if you don't Dive Bomb in time.

My understanding is that Wallrunning is still a thing, it is just being modified for more directional control and less escape-velocity catapaulting.

It's mostly because people misunderstand and try to cause panic from their misunderstanding. = ,=

It's mostly because people misunderstand and try to cause panic from their misunderstanding. = ,=

Of which this thread is filled with.

'WALL RUNNING IS DEEEAAAD'

Edited by Naith

Really? Really?? People are willing to quit for a mechanic that originated as a bug? I can understand coptering for when you want to reach a second floor where there are no spots to wallrun from, but more often than not, coptering is more of a hindrance.

Especially so in conclave where players just fly all over the place with Bo Primes...

"Speed. It's so easy to get used to," said the commercial.

You ever play Tribes? Skiing originated as a bug that a lot of people liked and made the game really fun to play, and the devs said "hey that's pretty cool" and made it into a core game mechanic.

In Warframe, coptering originated as a bug that a lot of people liked and made the game really fun to play, and the devs are now saying "stop having fun" and neutering it.

There is a problem here, though. So many people are so used to blasting through missions at Mach 2, what happens when all of a sudden that's taken out? Removal making better gameplay aside, if so many people are used to it, what happens then?

Do we add something to compensate for that? Do we make it so that you still can go fast - but it requires a LOT more skill to master that system? Or do we just cut out this speedrunning element altogether?

I say we go for the middle ground - make it be incredibly difficult to go as fast as we once did, but make it possible, and I think that's the route DE is taking, too. I think this could work, but why bother listening to me? This is a Mak Gohae thread. The man's been preaching the doom of Warframe for the better part of its lifetime. If he doesn't like a change, it's probably a good sign.

You ever play Tribes? Skiing originated as a bug that a lot of people liked and made the game really fun to play, and the devs said "hey that's pretty cool" and made it into a core game mechanic.

In Warframe, coptering originated as a bug that a lot of people liked and made the game really fun to play, and the devs are now saying "stop having fun" and neutering it.

Tribes took it on board.

DE clearly do not agree with that sort of mechanic in their game and haven't deemed it appropriate, so they're removing it. This game isn't all about coptering. It's still speedy. It's not suddenly going to break down and be a completely different game without it.

There is a problem here, though. So many people are so used to blasting through missions at Mach 2, what happens when all of a sudden that's taken out? Removal making better gameplay aside, if so many people are used to it, what happens then?

Do we add something to compensate for that? Do we make it so that you still can go fast - but it requires a LOT more skill to master that system? Or do we just cut out this speedrunning element altogether?

I say we go for the middle ground - make it be incredibly difficult to go as fast as we once did, but make it possible, and I think that's the route DE is taking, too. I think this could work, but why bother listening to me? This is a Mak Gohae thread. The man's been preaching the doom of Warframe for the better part of its lifetime. If he doesn't like a change, it's probably a good sign.

Either they man up and adapt or starve and die from withdrawal symptoms.

They could speed up how fast you move via sprinting but thing is, the stamina system is going, so from what we currently know that means we'll always be able to sprint... So it's not even that 'slow' any more.

Unfortunately I'd say he has discredited himself with this thread... Judging by his overreactions, which completely defies what we've been shown in streams (ignoring the fact that he referred to a stream containing supposed evidence for his claims whilst that same stream contained evidence contrary to what he was saying), and how he keeps irrationally screaming like it's the end of the game.

Edited by Naith