Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick *** Remix Of Carmina Burana - O Fortuna

DiosGX

A bit of backstory on this song, I suppose:

"O Fortuna" is a poem written as part of Carl Orff's cantata entitled the "Carmina Burana." A collection of 24 poems sung (often) by a choir in several movements accompanied by a symphony. The "Carmina Fortuna" as some people refer to it, is a specific song from the piece that is potentially its most recognized individual poem.

It has been performed countless times since its debut back in the 1930s. As far as I've ever understood it, the original Carmina Burana is a set of medieval manuscripts dating back to the 12th century. Orff took these poems and composed more modern pieces out of them, and they still see performances to this date.

I guess I'm just fascinated that a piece of music that has existed for over eight centuries is still able to exist today in some form. Take for example the biblical book of Psalms. Nobody has even the slightest clue what rhythm, tempo, tone or beat any of those are supposed to contain any longer in our modern day.

Carl Orff gave some life to an ancient, dying musical work of beauty.

[size=6]Then some upstart electronica band remixed it and it @(*()$ rules[/size].

Seriously there's a billion remixes of this song and this one is just the hands-down best to me.

YAY HISTORY

o3o

I think I prefer the more traditional arrangements.

See, it's just that I hit play on the video you posted and after the first few seconds my desk started bleeding. It was so banal and offensive that it made dead wood bleed.

I'm sure you'd agree that just isn't something I can have happening to my desk.