The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Getting Questions In Region Chat About.

Kaiservadin

...wouldn't solve a single thing.

You know, I've seen MR6+ asking where to find those resources.

/obligatory MR means nothing, you won't fix crap by upping the numbers post

Maybe DE should add Warframe Wiki to the game would slove these issues -_-

Drop the elitism, help out the new players and answer the questions when you see them asked, we were all new once.

Or, stay out of region chat.

It's that simple.

I do help since the first frame Excalibur was rework i randomly go to the first planet and look for squads .

Edited by Kaiservadin

Where do i find salvage/Poly. Bundles/Ferrite etc. its starting to really tick me off is it that hard not to look at a planets resource drop to the right of it <_<.

Maybe they should disable chat for everyone till MR2 or MR3 ..

[ Rant Over ]

lol i think low levels just be more confused and forums be flooding with questions

Drop the elitism, help out the new players and answer the questions when you see them asked, we were all new once.

Or, stay out of region chat.

It's that simple.

Yup. This. Sometimes I offer up resources or ways that I found stuff like this on my own like searching google etc. Point is though, being a dank isn't going to solve anything but make people feel crappy or dumb.

Yup. This. Sometimes I offer up resources or ways that I found stuff like this on my own like searching google etc. Point is though, being a dank isn't going to solve anything but make people feel crappy or dumb.

Yeah i didn't say anything in regional other then beating bosses unlocks more planets.

This^ and helping out now & again,, makes for a positive feeling in both parties case, you feel good for helping, the noob feels good for getting help/making a friend possibly.

Good Karma an all that :)

This^ and helping out now & again,, makes for a positive feeling in both parties case, you feel good for helping, the noob feels good for getting help/making a friend possibly.

Good Karma an all that :)

I was thinking about doing some vor runs.

You know what the game needs?

Better-integrated information.

The info is there. But that's all it is - there. A new player takes one look and goes "What the hell do all of these icons mean? Tutorial didn't teach me that. Hell, the tutorial sometimes doesn't even show me how to finish it."

Adding a Wiki Button would be a... decentish bandaid, but they really should revamp the tutorial (and add more tutorial popups/a Help file for newbies/ANYTHING) to introduce people to everything they need to know. And even provide a resource for veteran players, like prime part tables integrated and resource drops in a neat reference setup.

You could put big flashing neon signs on all the planets in the navigation menu that say "X RESOURCE CAN BE FOUND HERE" with a big fat red arrow and there'd still be a few people who gloss over it and derp their way into region with these questions... I used to help randoms in region regularly, but now I just avoid the place (not solely because of stupid questions, mind you).

Edited by AXCrusnik

DE should make a quest for learning how to click a planet, then look at the right side of your screen to find out what resources it drops =_=

Did the star chart use to let you click on a planet and check what drops before you had it unlock ?

You could put big flashing neon signs on all the planets in the navigation menu that say "X RESOURCE CAN BE FOUND HERE" with a big fat red arrow and there'd still be a few people who gloss over it and derp their way into region with these questions... I used to help randoms in region regularly, but now I just avoid the place (not solely because of stupid questions, mind you).

I agree, and it's not limited to low Mastery rank players either. :O

Which indeed is eye opening, to say the least.

I agree, and it's not limited to low Mastery rank players either. :O

Which indeed is eye opening, to say the least.

I am honestly shocked they lock regional chat behind MR1 maybe its to stop Plat Farmers which is pretty smart on DE end !

I look at it this way:

I remember when I was a noob and asked the questions. I recall the absolute bollocking that some dudes insist on handing out to noob questions.

I try and help anybody I can, within reason (asking a question politely, will elicit a polite response...hint hint.). it takes little to no effort. Ranting and raving at people who ask questions is counter productive, unnecessary, and probably will come strike you with karma.

Yeah some people are really mean to noob questions, and if it bothers them that much they should rein themselves in, ignore the question and let someone else respond. 

That said, I don't think the problem here is the new players, or the old players who are getting frustrated. It's that the current UI in Warframe doesn't provide very good guidance for new players (almost non-existent) and the UI in general is confusing, and the in game information that is offered seems fragmented and hard to find or even understand when you are new. 

The codex doesn't even help that much, when it comes to completing it, as it's pretty much impossible for a new player to figure out what all the tiny damage/weakness/resistance symbols mean without a wiki guide to help them. 

It's just not a noob friendly system at all... 

Yeah some people are really mean to noob questions, and if it bothers them that much they should rein themselves in, ignore the question and let someone else respond. 

That said, I don't think the problem here is the new players, or the old players who are getting frustrated. It's that the current UI in Warframe doesn't provide very good guidance for new players (almost non-existent) and the UI in general is confusing, and the in game information that is offered seems fragmented and hard to find or even understand when you are new. 

The codex doesn't even help that much, when it comes to completing it, as it's pretty much impossible for a new player to figure out what all the tiny damage/weakness/resistance symbols mean without a wiki guide to help them. 

It's just not a noob friendly system at all... 

I'd like to add to this,

A console player like myself may find it tedious, having to use a third party to find out info! (phone/ laptop/browser)

Whereas the PC guys may not see this side of the problem due to, literally having the info at their fingertips (PC/laptop)

Although I don't have issues regarding info, being a long time player,

I have & will continue to meet my PS4 brothers and sisters, who do not even know the forums or wiki exist...

Shocking I know.