The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Loki Prime's Lore.

AEP8FlyBoy

Hello, Fellow Tenno.

I just thought since Loki Prime doesn't have any current lore, I'd flex my writing skills and see what I came up with.

Here it is. :P

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In all the time I’ve spent rotting in this cage, I’ve never lost sight of my goal. It pounds in my mind like a thousand hammers, even to this day.

All those years ago, my beloved was mercilessly torn from me. I didn’t have an opportunity to say goodbye to her.

Those filthy Grineer know not of the demons they’ve angered. They don’t know of our connections.

Locked in the Void, and in the midst of my baptism, I’m empowered and taken aback by the memories of my past. A solemn, yet booming voice clouds my visions; it’s preparing me for the transformation.

I feel resolute as my vision blurs, I can only see golden light. A power that feels familiar to me and yet one I have never known envelops me, and energizes my systems. It changes me, molds me into a warrior of the past.

After I feel the hands of the Void release me, I look down at my newly formed edges, gleaming with gilded light. I can feel the great energy within me. I feel vastly different.

I take my hands and hold them in front of me. My chassis surges with energy, and I feel power beyond my comprehension. My fingers tremble in anticipation. They crave justice, they crave vengeance. These however, are not my desires.

My memories remain, but are tainted; tainted by the overwhelming chant of our ancestors.

They are telling me of my mission, my purpose.  I do not agree with their greater plan, and yet, I am swayed by their calls.

My individuality is nevermore. I have become one of many. One of a series of mad experiments perceived and developed by the Orokin. They had a reason for creating us; reasons which I do not understand.

As I regain my composure, I look down at the glowing ground in front of me. My weapon is no longer the one I have known. It has changed as well. I take it into my hands, I feel its power. Its golden ornaments yearn for the same retribution I do; it is an extension of me. It always has been.

A sense of pride and greater wisdom fills my mind as I strongly grip my Bo. I think of what is next for me, I have only one purpose; one which was sealed into my subconscious years ago.

I must return to her. I must return to the Sol system, and find my beloved.

Our enemies will rue the day they crossed me and my brothers, we will have our vengeance.

In the time since the Old War, we have grown stronger, faster, and more deadly.

We are many, and growing by the day.

Golden blood courses through our veins, a blood that craves redemption.

We are no longer just tools of war.

We are Prime.

And nothing will stop us.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to post what you think of this. Loki Prime is one of my fav Warframes, and I think this captures some of his personality.

As for his beloved, why not give him someone to love. :P

I don't even know if love is a thing in Warframe, but I just figured, why the heck not.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Hello, Fellow Tenno.

I just thought since Loki Prime doesn't have any current lore, I'd flex my writing skills and see what I came up with.

Here it is. :P

In all the time I’ve spent rotting in this cage, I’ve never lost sight of my goal. It pounds in my mind like a thousand hammers, even to this day.

All those years ago, my beloved was mercilessly torn from me. I didn’t have an opportunity to say goodbye to her.

Those filthy Grineer know not of the demons they’ve angered. They don’t know of our connections.

Locked in the Void, and in the midst of my baptism, I’m empowered and taken aback by the memories of my past. A solemn, yet booming voice clouds my visions; it’s preparing me for the transformation.

I feel resolute as my vision blurs, I can only see golden light. A power that feels familiar to me and yet one I have never known envelops me, and energizes my systems. It changes me, molds me into a warrior of the past.

After I feel the hands of the Void release me, I look down at my newly formed edges, gleaming with gilded light. I can feel the great energy within me. I feel vastly different.

I take my hands and hold them in front of me. My chassis surges with energy, and I feel power beyond my comprehension. My fingers tremble in anticipation. They crave justice, they crave vengeance. These however, are not my desires.

My memories remain, but are tainted; tainted by the overwhelming chant of our ancestors.

They are telling me of my mission, my purpose.  I do not agree with their greater plan, and yet, I am swayed by their calls.

My individuality is nevermore. I have become one of many. One of a series of mad experiments perceived and developed by the Orokin. They had a reason for creating us; reasons which I do not understand.

As I regain my composure, I look down at the glowing ground in front of me. My weapon is no longer the one I have known. It has changed as well. I take it into my hands, I feel its power. Its golden ornaments yearn for the same retribution I do; it is an extension of me. It always has been.

A sense of pride and greater wisdom fills my mind as I strongly grip my Bo. I think of what is next for me, I have only one purpose; one which was sealed into my subconscious years ago.

I must return to her. I must return to the Sol system, and find my beloved.

Our enemies will rue the day they crossed me and my brothers, we will have our vengeance.

In the time since the Old War, we have grown stronger, faster, and more deadly.

We are many, and growing by the day.

Golden blood courses through our veins, a blood that craves redemption.

We are no longer just tools of war.

We are Prime.

And nothing will stop us.

Feel free to post what you think of this. Loki Prime is one of my fav Warframes, and I think this captures some of his personality.

As for his beloved, why not give him someone to love. :P

I don't even know if love is a thing in Warframe, but I just figured, why the heck not.

But would this fit Loki, specifically? This gives off a very Excalibur-esque vibe.

Nonetheless, would you like to enter this into my writing contest here on the forums?

Very cool, but I have a small pointer...

The Prime warframes were supposedly made / designed before the fall of the Orokin, where the Grineer or Corpus did not even exist as a faction. It also make a lot of conjecture as to the nature of Tenno that goes against some of the other teasing parts of the Warframe lore.

All in all, very well written, just might need some points finely tuned to be in line with established Canon.

@SilverBones

I adjusted this section of lore to refer to a regular Loki warframe straying deep into the void and being turned into a Prime.

His actions, and the thoughts going through his head, were that of the first Prime warframes. He was just hearing their thoughts, endlessly chanted during his transformation.

He wasn't locked in the Void for years, he just got stuck during a routine mission. Just before his transformation.

In the first line, he refers to his warframe as his "cage". As he did not decide to be a wearer of the Warframe armor, he was forced in.

He was pulled from his beloved, in a sort of Tenno draft, against his will.

His separation from her doesn't have to do with the Grineer, in its entirety. But it does sort of infer that.

Misconception on my part.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

@SilverBones

I adjusted this section of lore to refer to a regular Loki warframe straying deep into the void and being turned into a Prime.

His actions, and the thoughts going through his head, were that of the first Prime warframes. He was just hearing their thoughts, endlessly chanted during his transformation.

He wasn't locked in the Void for years, he just got stuck during a routine mission. Just before his transformation.

In the first line, he refers to his warframe as his "cage". As he did not decide to be a wearer of the Warframe armor, he was forced in.

He was pulled from his beloved, in a sort of Tenno draft, against his will.

His separation from her doesn't have to do with the Grineer, in its entirety. But it does sort of infer that.

Misconception on my part.

Awesome stuff. Great use of imagry in writing, beeteedubs.