Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Passives

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

·       10% Faster Attack Rate + 10% Damage Buff

·       Passives apply to Long Swords, Dual Swords and Nikanas (only)

·       Passives are AUTOMATIC, not just active through Exalted Blade

·       Regardless of what weapon is equipped, Exalted Blade is treated as a LONG SWORD

·       Statistics of your melee weapon DO NOT carry over to Exalted Blade

·       Stance mods change NOTHING regarding Exalted Blade

·       Exalted Blade “Wave” damages are split EVENLY (33.33% Impact, Puncture and Slash)

·       “Lasting Sting” mod DOES NOT give the Radial Blind in Exalted Blade’s slide attack a longer duration

·       Kestrel’s Syndicate Mod DOES NOT affect the flight speed of Exalted Blade “Waves”

·       "Mini Radial Blind" has a SHORTER range and duration (6 seconds @ base) & is modified by duration mods

·       "Mini Radial Blind" DOES NOT open up enemies to finishers, just stealth damage multipliers

·       "Mini Radial Blind" is effected by POWER RANGE mods

·       "Mini Radial Blind" is NOT effected by MELEE RANGE mods

·       "Furious Javelin" augment mod affects BOTH melee and "Waves"

Excalibur’s go-to weapon would be any Long Sword, Dual Swords or Nikana with a Syndicate Effect because:

·       Passives only affect those types of weapons

·       Exalted Blade DOES NOT carry over statistics from other weapon (like Dakra Prime sporting higher base damage over Skana)

·       Exalted Blade DOES carry over mod effects (like Prisma Skana’s Syndicate Effect)

Gelkor’s uploads proves these statements as of the most recent update.

Edited by (PS4)VoiD_Glitch
Datamined info

I keep seeing Dual Swords & Nikanas everywhere when that is not the case.

A user (name will be kept anonymous) ran a script revealing the passive of Excalibur [16.9.4] in which it showed 

http://i.imgur.com/SBpOfPr.png

10% Faster Attack Rate

10% More Damage

The user also mentioned that it activated through Long Swords, Dual Swords & Nikanas through the results of his script. Then, popular Warframe YouTuber "AGayGuyPlays" mentioned that it seemed to only work for Single Swords. When the owner of the script read this, he ran the script again and realized the second part of it was broken and he told AGayGuyPlays that he was correct. Apparently, his script broke and stopped when it checked for long swords.

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS ABOUT THE PASSIVE

^ ONLY EFFECTS SINGLE SWORDS

^ BOOST APPLIES PASSIVELY AND DOESN'T JUST WORK FOR EXALTED BLADE

-

Overall, I name the Prisma Skana the best weapon for Excalibur because of its augment where the Dakra Prime lacks one.

That slash damage on the Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish is what really makes it the better weapon. Plus it's crit damage will ultimately be higher because base dmg is higher. Also you lose a slot by installing Bright Purity mod.

Hrm, I'll have to check my video again but I tested last saturday and I was receiving a passive bonus to damage for dual swords and katanas in normal melee when comparing Excalibur to Mirage.  However the passive for dual swords and katanas wasn't applying to EB.

BUT: 16.10.0 recently listed: 

• Fixed Exalted Blade not properly gaining Excalibur’s passive upgrades with the proper melee weapon equipped.

Reading Deathsnacks and Rob's dialogue they discuss that the passive does apply to normal melee for dual, one, and katanas, but only applies to EB for one handed. But I think the most recent patch, as above, may have fixed it.  I'll test tonight.

Edited by Gelkor

Hrm, I'll have to check my video again but I tested last saturday and I was receiving a passive bonus to damage for dual swords and katanas in normal melee when comparing Excalibur to Mirage.  However the passive for dual swords and katanas wasn't applying to EB.

BUT: 16.10.0 recently listed: 

This is also interesting. Who knows if Digital Extremes reverted the Passives in [16.10.0] ?

This is also interesting. Who knows if Digital Extremes reverted the Passives in [16.10.0] ?

I don't think they reverted anything, you forgot to list the Lua assembly Death listed, which shows the weapons: http://i.imgur.com/xtUfia0.png

And it's not his script that was broke, it was the game's script, IE, when applying to EB, the game would stop checking for weapons after it checked for longswords.  16.10.0 would appear to be claiming that it's fixed this issue.

I don't have my video on me but I distinctly recall getting 95 damage on infested ancients with a dragon nikana with Mirage, and 105 damage on the same enemies with excalibur (no mods on either), so I'm very certain that Death's original read is correct that it applies to those three classes of weapons, and the only bug was that only one handers applied to EB, which is now outdated as the latest update claims to have fixed it.

I don't think they reverted anything, you forgot to list the Lua assembly Death listed, which shows the weapons: http://i.imgur.com/xtUfia0.png

And it's not his script that was broke, it was the game's script, IE, when applying to EB, the game would stop checking for weapons after it checked for longswords.  16.10.0 would appear to be claiming that it's fixed this issue.

I don't have my video on me but I distinctly recall getting 95 damage on infested ancients with a dragon nikana with Mirage, and 105 damage on the same enemies with excalibur (no mods on either), so I'm very certain that Death's original read is correct that it applies to those three classes of weapons, and the only bug was that only one handers applied to EB, which is now outdated as the latest update claims to have fixed it.

If you could post or upload results as of 16.10.0 -- that would be nice.

* Damage of "Long Sword" with  [Any] Warframe

* Damage of "Dual Swords" with [Any] Warframe

* Damage of "Nikana" with [Any] Warframe

* Damage of "Long Sword" with  Excalibur

* Damage of "Dual Swords" with Excalibur

* Damage of "Nikana" with Excalibur

* Damage of Exalted Blade with "Long Sword"

* Damage of Exalted Blade with "Dual Swords"

* Damage of Exalted Blade with "Nikana"

Processing and uploading now, I'll post it shortly.

Excalibur has a melee only damage increase over Mirage with Long Swords, Dual Swords, and Nikanas.  Excalibur does not have a damage increase over Mirage with Great Blades.

Exalted Blade is, as mentioned here, currently now bugged to gain 10% passive at all times no matter what melee weapon is equipped, as I got 288 damage no matter what weapon was equipped, (previously it was ~256, with everything but longswords, which were 288).

Excalibur's passive atm seems to increase melee damage for all melee weapon classes.

If you could post or upload results as of 16.10.0 -- that would be nice.

* Damage of "Long Sword" with  [Any] Warframe

* Damage of "Dual Swords" with [Any] Warframe

* Damage of "Nikana" with [Any] Warframe

* Damage of "Long Sword" with  Excalibur

* Damage of "Dual Swords" with Excalibur

* Damage of "Nikana" with Excalibur

* Damage of Exalted Blade with "Long Sword"

* Damage of Exalted Blade with "Dual Swords"

* Damage of Exalted Blade with "Nikana"

Bah, the quality of my video is crap from bad recording, ill do a visable one tomorrow.

Edited by Gelkor

Oh! And here you go. "More-Gumbo" saying exactly what I wrote above.

That video is not even relevent since base stats do not carry over onto the EB however mods like Bright Purity that buff melee damage do. Therefore a weapon like the Prisma Skana IS going to be better for EB than the Dakra Prime.

That video is not even relevent since base stats do not carry over onto the EB however mods like Bright Purity that buff melee damage do. Therefore a weapon like the Prisma Skana IS going to be better for EB than the Dakra Prime.

Point taken. Will test for sure. 

Point taken. Will test for sure. 

The Jaw Sword and the Dual Cleavers syndicate mods work as well as the Prisma Skana though, I had this pointed out in my comments quite a bit, I forgot both of them existed to be fair, but they also work lol

Here is the video without a weapon equiped, exalted blade itself counts as a longsword.

Nice. Nice. So, Prisma Skana it is.

Also, what about the testing for damage of long swords, dual swords and nikanas when Exalted Blade is not activated?

Nice. Nice. So, Prisma Skana it is.

Also, what about the testing for damage of long swords, dual swords and nikanas when Exalted Blade is not activated?

Or dark dagger, or pretty much any other syndicate weapon, as far as Exalted Blade is concerned. And if you are shooting for melee only -not- using exalted blade, then, yeah, stick to the 3 classes, one hand, dual, and katana (which have worked since the beginning btw, it was just excalted blade that was bugged).

Can someone test if stance mods increase damage? Someone wants someone to test Crimson Dervish.

In Exalted Blade?  They do not, Exalted Blade, like Hysteria, has it's own stance and stance multipliers.

In regular melee all stance mods apply as usual. 

EB sadly seems to have X1 multiplier on all attacks, unlike Hysteria which has a few fun attacks that have X2 or X5.

Edited by Gelkor

In Exalted Blade?  They do not, Exalted Blade, like Hysteria, has it's own stance and stance multipliers.

In regular melee all stance mods apply as usual. 

EB sadly seems to have X1 multiplier on all attacks, unlike Hysteria which has a few fun attacks that have X2 or X5.

Thanks. By the way, did you ever test if the Passive works with [Dual Swords] and [Nikanas]?

Thanks. By the way, did you ever test if the Passive works with [Dual Swords] and [Nikanas]?

Yes, the passive has always worked since inception, it just wasn't working on Exalted Blade except for longswords prior to 16.10 (which is what Rob and Deathmax we discussing/discovered). 16.10 added this change:

• Fixed Exalted Blade not properly gaining Excalibur’s passive upgrades with the proper melee weapon equipped.
  •  

However the change has seemed to be that the passive always applies because Exalted Blade itself is a longsword.  Which is why the passive applies to Exalted Blade even without a melee weapon equipped. When you use Exalted Blade you essentially stop using whatever weapon you had, and start using Exalted Blade, a longsword.

The raw melee only passives test is here, Mirage vs. Excal, the video is choppy as i slowed it down and that lead to fractured framerates, but you should be able to make out the difference in numbers (maybe) Mirage vs. Excal.  

Excal one hand: 45
mirage one had: 41

Excal Dual: 83
Mirage Dual: 76

Excal Nikana: 105
Mirage Nikana: 96

Excal Scindo Prime: 145
Mirage Scindo Prime: 145
Edited by Gelkor

Yes, the passive has always worked since inception, it just wasn't working on Exalted Blade except for longswords prior to 16.10 (which is what Rob and Deathmax we discussing/discovered). 16.10 added this change:

•  

However the change has seemed to be that the passive always applies because Exalted Blade itself is a longsword.  Which is why the passive applies to Exalted Blade even without a melee weapon equipped. When you use Exalted Blade you essentially stop using whatever weapon you had, and start using Exalted Blade, a longsword.

The raw melee only passives test is here, Mirage vs. Excal, the video is choppy as i slowed it down and that lead to fractured framerates, but you should be able to make out the difference in numbers (maybe) Mirage vs. Excal.  

Excal one hand 45
mirage one had 41

Excal Dual 83
Mirage Dual 76

Excal Nikana 105
Mirage Nikana 96

Excal Scindo Prime 145
Mirage Scindo Prime 145

Thanks. Someone on Reddit told me otherwise, so I sent this data back at him so he can see.