Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Rework?

The_Furfather

I feel a rework is indeed needed, but the community doesn't point it out as much due to the huge amout of damage the miasma spam build provides.

I still have hopes that she may be the next in line after Frost, even more with the probably primed version coming.

i would kill for a saryn rework i like the idea of a toxic death dealing frame but her abilities seem so underwhelming when it comes to using them and other frames have more useful abilities. hopefully shes next on the rework list as it is overdue at this point.

I certainly hope saryn is on the short list, for reworks, tired of her being nothing but a pitiful nuke

as a saryn main player i tink saryn rework should orbit on the next concepts:

High defense frame (originally she had more armor than frost and rhino)

Leaning on the slow moving side (natural counter for such a resilent frame)

Melee/DoT oriented (all her skills on papper where supoused to work like this)

Stats:

HP 150 (450 max rank)

Armor (155 sould be buffed to 350)

Power 100 ( 300 max rank)

Energy 100 (150 max rank)

sprint 0.95

Venom (should be name changed to contagion) should stay the same with just a small change. Sores should always explode when an enemy dies AND be easier to destroy (specially on melee range) that aside leave them as they are

Molt: just make the regeneration mod part of it, and perhaps increase the aggro pull range a little bit

Contagion (should be totally reworked, theres plenty of ideas for this one but my favorite its to become a self buff to increase armor AND each time you are atacked on melee range create a small AoE area of damage around you by X amount of the damage recieved (acidic alien blood splash anyone?)

Miasma: should become a toggle, each X amount of time doing a damage tic that can proc corrosive, that way saryn becomes a close combat melee tank with a heavy direcion of DoT as she is supoused to be, capable of dishing out the damage, take it and move around as the deadly flower she is

yeah but venom clashes with the melee theory, and also miasma has a pretty good range from what I have seen.

honestly I think it be cool if there was a way to make saryn appeal to melee players (like myself) and non melee players. will bat a few ideas around in my head for a while, will post my suggestion when I think I have something

yea saryn needs a rework. she doesnt really make sense where she is. and miasma is just some broke nuke ability. pretty lame.

The first thing they will do is reverse Miasma's power with duration.

And that is the right thing to do.

With that in place, most of Saryn powers will slowly fall in place.

Maybe look at this thread?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452337-saryn-ability-changes-for-scalability/

So me and a clan mate batted around some ideas the other night and we decided it be best if saryn was a ranged and melee tank since her current kit seems to lean both ways

Venom orbs should have their size effected by range powers like banshees sonar and when they explode they will stun enemies in an X radius, enemies that die with an orb will still explode but at a smaller radius than if you killed the enemy by shooting the orb

Molt should have a wider range of agro draw and will grant saryn a few second of invisibility to get away from the molt

contagion should have a straight up buff in damage and speed and should scale with melee mods

Miasma should be a massive poisonous cloud that does damage over time to enemies and slows them while they are inside, this will make them easy to pick off by ranged players outside of the cloud and easy targets for melee players inside the cloud. the cloud would have a large radius about twice that of a snow globe for example 

her armor should receive a straight up buff to just under chromas level of armor and she should get a small speed buff for increased mobility when escaping enemies after a molt

Best idea I can come up with is for melee hits (or kills?) with Contagion to give Saryn some kind of stacking buff, which she can then expend on other powers. Maybe each stack of Contagion causes Miasma's stun to increase for 3 seconds, gives her 50 bonus armor for 10 seconds after Molting, or slows targets caught in Venom explosions for 1 second.

Basically, with her disease-and-poison powerset, Saryn seems like a prime candidate for abilities that combine for different effects.

Also, for the LOVE of god, switch the names on Venom and Contagion. One of them infects nearby units like a contagious disease, and one of them injects extra damage into an enemy like a venomous creature. Guess which one is actually which!

Best idea I can come up with is for melee hits (or kills?) with Contagion to give Saryn some kind of stacking buff, which she can then expend on other powers. Maybe each stack of Contagion causes Miasma's stun to increase for 3 seconds, gives her 50 bonus armor for 10 seconds after Molting, or slows targets caught in Venom explosions for 1 second.

Basically, with her disease-and-poison powerset, Saryn seems like a prime candidate for abilities that combine for different effects.

Also, for the LOVE of god, switch the names on Venom and Contagion. One of them infects nearby units like a contagious disease, and one of them injects extra damage into an enemy like a venomous creature. Guess which one is actually which!

agreed on the change the name thing

That sounds neat, honestly. A system of having a stack that can be popped on other abilities.