Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1.0 Vs 2.0 ( An Ode To Parkour )

PookieNumnums

i like parkour 2.0. but in one or two parts or your video you coptered so those are bad examples to compare parkour 1 and 2. coptering is being removed and for good reasons.

It's not a bad example because it shows what can be accomplished with the current system.  Coptering is only being removed because of how bad P2.0 looks. Coptering is being removed to force people to use the new system, whether they want to or not.

Coptering with staff weapons should have been brought in line. Coptering should not have been removed entirely. Speed is the big thing that set Warframe apart from other modern shooter.

It's not a bad example because it shows what can be accomplished with the current system. Coptering is only being removed because of how bad P2.0 looks. Coptering is being removed to force people to use the new system, whether they want to or not.

Coptering with staff weapons should have been brought in line. Coptering should not have been removed entirely. Speed is the big thing that set Warframe apart from other modern shooter.

Technically coptering is being removed because they want people with two handed hammers to be as ninja-agile as people with dual hatchets. Edited by Gelkor

Coptering turn the tenno into SR-71 and not ninja. The demo they showed off made it seem very easy to get anywhere to me.

You need to watch more ninja related media.  Ninjas fly around constantly. Usually leaping to the tops of tall trees in a single bound then from branch to distant branch through forests at an insanely fast rate, even outside of terrible anime like Naruto. 

Doing clunky double jumps and sticking to walls like spiderman isn't ninja like at all.

Technically coptering is being removed because they want people with two handed hammers to be as ninja-agile as people with dual hatchets.

Hoping for heavy melee sake they dont add a weight factor

If they wanted to make it equal they could give it equal dir air melee and copter

Hoping for heavy melee sake they dont add a weight factor

If they wanted to make it equal they could give it equal dir air melee and copter

They absolutely do not want loadout to affect mobility. They've said as much many times, they want weapons to be a choice not necessity.

You can't make heavy weapons copter able without increasing their speed to OP levels. To wit, you actually can copter with Scindo Prime right now with full berserker stack max strength volt or valk speed boosts. I've launched myself across several tiles by accident on my Valkyr doing this.

it occurred to me while reading another thread...

i wonder how many people who hate coptering and pk1.0 can actually do anything ive shown in any of my pk threads over the last year and a half.

id like to see some pros post videos and then say they hate it and why...

i wonder how many people who hate coptering and pk1.0 can actually do anything ive shown in any of my pk threads over the last year and a half.

I wouldn't necessarily say I hate coptering, but at the same time too, I love parkour in this game and I want to have the maximum mobility possible without having to only use one of 3 classes of weapons, is that so S#&$ty of me that I want to be highly mobile and still have a choice in how I want to fight?

Part of the major change that's killing coptering is the removal of the momentum lock bug that causes coptering, this same bug also causes you to get stuck floating into a corner at high speed if you accidentally catch a piece of terrain while moving quickly through the air, sometimes for up to 6 seconds you can get stuck with your face jammed in a corner unable to move.  The change to make it so that you are able to redirect your momentum on contact with terrain means that the game no longer registers you as moving at ultra-high speeds in a linear direction, which in turn means no more momentum locks. 

I wouldn't necessarily say I hate coptering, but at the same time too, I love parkour in this game and I want to have the maximum mobility possible without having to only use one of 3 classes of weapons, is that so S#&$ty of me that I want to be highly mobile and still have a choice in how I want to fight?

Part of the major change that's killing coptering is the removal of the momentum lock bug that causes coptering, this same bug also causes you to get stuck floating into a corner at high speed if you accidentally catch a piece of terrain while moving quickly through the air, sometimes for up to 6 seconds you can get stuck with your face jammed in a corner unable to move.  The change to make it so that you are able to redirect your momentum on contact with terrain means that the game no longer registers you as moving at ultra-high speeds in a linear direction, which in turn means no more momentum locks. 

word. when i get stuck like that i just air slide the opposite direction and keep going.

and no its not bad of anyone to want easier parkour, or in your case a fair chance at ninjery with any weapon.

in fact if more people said 'its too hard for me!!!' instead of 'its stupid i hate it!!!' people might not feel like the requests to dramatically change everything are so extreme. also at one point they said its a feature not a bug. 

and like i said in some other random pk post, if i can do all of this shown in my op, even if its a different method im fine... but from what ive seen its too clunky to pull off half of this stuff. speed is also something that i like about the current system, not speed of rushing and leaving party members behind, the speed of reaction time needed to successfully pull all of this off.

with crouch on mouse thumb it becomes pretty easy. with controller i can imagine this is near impossible. making it fair for everyone is fine, but the current view of the new system feels like theyre making all the adults ride the kiddy rides so no one feels left out.

Edited by PookieNumnums

They can't. It's not even hard. They would just rather have it taken away from everyone rather than take two seconds to learn how to do it themselves.

That said, weapons that let you leap from one side of Sechura to the other needed toned down (not removed). 

Parkour 2.0 looks like it is gonna be a lot slower paced which is a huge bummer for me. I love chaining together wall sling shots.

All they need to do I feel is just nerf coptering and air attacks slightly, remove stamina, and make tilesets with parkour in mind.

My reaction to devstream demo exactly ;___;

I guess there aren't many of us who prefer to use controlling dexterity on tricky maneuvers while the majority are into abominable copter spam.

Stop saying 2.0 is bad if you used coptering in your vids. It just proved that we NEED 2.0

A tiny little change like removing coptering for getting around faster is what, 1% of what 2.0 will be? NEED? We NEED 2.0 because of coptering? I think we NEED a fix for coptering but whether we NEED 2.0 for a coptering fix or not is highly debatable. 

Sadly Parkour 2.0 is one of the first things in Warframe that I am somewhat wishing wasn't happening. Adding the ability to latch to the walls is cool, even jumping off of enemies is pretty cool. But double jumping on nothing but air? Jumping around on the wall like a frog? These are not my ideas of an improved version of what we already have. Wall running feels and looks natural...jumping around from spot to spot does not and double jumping even less so.

I'll give it a chance when it comes out and I'll admit being wrong if it is fun but still I look forward to it with very low expectations. 

Thing is many people can't do parkour on such level because, since mostly working on physics glitches, it is extremaly unreliable with less than average framerate or not so graet host. In my personal experiance, even seemingly great host can rob me from coptering and there is a gap between what I can do on asteroid and shipyard tilesets. Movement in Warframe is glitchfest and parkour 2.0 is welcomed just because it may clean up some os the mess.

That said I would have prefered wallrun to stay. Moving exclusively with jumps looked sort of monotonous.

I don't get it.. Is Parkour 2.0 ingame? Did I miss the big update?

How in the world can people judge parkour 2.0 now?

It was shown in a "WORK IN PROGRESS" build.

It was shown only a few minutes.

It was shown by a person who didn't have the time/opportunity to "master" it.

Just wait and see...

I don't get it.. Is Parkour 2.0 ingame? Did I miss the big update?

How in the world can people judge parkour 2.0 now?

It was shown in a "WORK IN PROGRESS" build.

It was shown only a few minutes.

It was shown by a person who didn't have the time/opportunity to "master" it.

Just wait and see...

I dont know, maybe all people are complainin because they are fixing coptering directional air melee

The problem is if they leave in coptoring, no one will use the new parkour system. Making it redundant to spend the time making it. It's time for coptoring to be laid to rest, and allow a new form of movement to riegn.

does coptering invalidate the current parkour? No, people still use both.

No one force people to coptering.

But some jealous players want to force people to avoid coptering.

Sorry but it isn't fair.

You don't like it? Fine, just don't use it. But FFS, let us play the game like we want to.

The problem is if they leave in Fun, no one will use the new Boring system. Making it redundant to spend the time making it. It's time for Fun to be laid to rest, and allow a new form of Emotion to reign.

And then we can complain that no one is walking because they are..............rinse repeat.

Edited by ThePresident777