The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greedy Pull Change For The Best Or No ?

So DE has proposed to change greedy pull due to abusive gameplay styles i.e Draco/defense missions but should greedy pull be changed or the tile set it self ? I my self don't want greedy pull changed since it helps farming so you don't miss loot but obviously can be abused as it already has.

I think the best way to go about this is nerf those tilesets so people can't abuse it.

Nerfing tilesets is A LOT more work than just nerfing one simple mod. Also if you REALLY care so much about loot, Carrier still exists. Also it's not that bad running around colleting loot. I do that all the time and I have never missed on loot, never.

The community will be angry as always that when they abuse game mechanics Devs notice and make changes. IMO the nerf is welcome because missions like Draco and they way they are used cause burnout in players and disrupt the flow of the game. However, there needs to be major changes to the way XP and Rep are given to encourage skilful play to level up

Nerfing tilesets is A LOT more work than just nerfing one simple mod. Also if you REALLY care so much about loot, Carrier still exists. Also it's not that bad running around colleting loot. I do that all the time and I have never missed on loot, never.

It is when Mesa is killing things on the opposite side of the huge pit set of Sechura.  Mesa's Ult should have been what got nerfed.

The community will be angry as always that when they abuse game mechanics Devs notice and make changes. IMO the nerf is welcome because missions like Draco and they way they are used cause burnout in players and disrupt the flow of the game. However, there needs to be major changes to the way XP and Rep are given to encourage skilful play to level up

Since when is using something to do what it was designed to do abuse?

It is when Mesa is killing things on the opposite side of the huge pit set of Sechura.  Mesa's Ult should have been what got nerfed.

No this has to do with draco extreme level grinding and how players only want to host this, and this is abuse it wasn't made to have players stand in one place and gain tons of xp by not shooting a single enemy. it's an abusive gamestyle 

Since you have a founders pack I am sure you played the early beta days just like me when the game was all about moving about using the environment for parkour and running, gunning, hacking, slashing instead of getting a set line up with Mesa and GP-Mag and sitting at one place with mesa practicing her left click skills and other players just pressing 1 of their skill buttons. I am sure this is not how DE intended warframe to be because that kind of playstyle is so boring even though it is efficient. So yes greedy pull needs to be changed to make warframe the kind of action packed game it was intended to be, I don't think changing the tile set will have any impact on nerfing greedy pull.

I think it shifts Mag back into being a trash tier frame.

Greedy Pull at least made her useful for the first time in forever (My starting frame was Mag. I trashed her almost immediately. I have all the blueprints for Mag prime, but don't think I will build her at this point.)

Mag is not trash.

No this has to do with draco extreme level grinding and how players only want to host this, and this is abuse it wasn't made to have players stand in one place and gain tons of xp by not shooting a single enemy. it's an abusive gamestyle 

Let me guess, Backstabs in Dark Souls were abuse too?

Playing efficiently is not abuse.  It is intelligent.

Since you have a founders pack I am sure you played the early beta days just like me when the game was all about moving about using the environment for parkour and running, gunning, hacking, slashing instead of getting a set line up with Mesa and GP-Mag and sitting at one place with mesa practicing her left click skills and other players just pressing 1 of their skill buttons. I am sure this is not how DE intended warframe to be because that kind of playstyle is so boring even though it is efficient. So yes greedy pull needs to be changed to make warframe the kind of action packed game it was intended to be, I don't think changing the tile set will have any impact on nerfing greedy pull.

The problem there is Mesa, not mag. If they nerf greedy pull people will just switch back to mesa + limbo instead.

Mag is not trash.

lol, that's a funny joke

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Yes I'm from almost the very start of warframe and I totally agree with how the old closed beta was and I'd love for it to be like that 100% but my fear is greedypull makes Mag for one more useful but also the chance to abuse I use greedpull to still run around and kill like the old times but using pull to get the loot I might miss. I fear that greedy pull will be nerfed so hard that it will be a useless augment D:

In conjuction with the whole Mesa, Nekros and Frost set up, De sees it as abuse to game mechaincs

Again, the common problem is Mesa, whether they want to admit it or not.

But Nerfing mesa is a whole nother ball game. They have to rework the whole ability and make it synergise and all the rest of it. De is under pressure due to U17 and the quickest fix for the solution if Mags Augment.

Not to mention that if mag isnt there Mesa, Frost and Nekros cant get energy as easily. 

Greedy Pull has no business removing the LoS restrictions of affecting Enemies.

I bet the CPU costs of making greedy pull LOS-based will discourage that particular change.

I'd be OK with pull being a charge ability, where holding it longer increases the range. Also, the supposed frontal cone doesn't seem to work at the moment, it looks like it pulls from the full 360 degrees.

I approve of the proposed change (pulling loot only for the user and not affecting squadmates), because Mag will stop being synonymous with Greedy Pull in people's minds, and everyone will stop expecting me to waste a mod slot on this overrated augment.

But Nerfing mesa is a whole nother ball game. They have to rework the whole ability and make it synergise and all the rest of it. De is under pressure due to U17 and the quickest fix for the solution if Mags Augment.

Not to mention that if mag isnt there Mesa, Frost and Nekros cant get energy as easily. 

Laziness is no excuse, and getting energy is easy. You have Limbo, Trinity, Energy Siphon, energy restores, etc. The joke even goes "Mag is Mesa's maid". The core of the problem is Mesa; Mag is just cleaning up after her.

I approve of the proposed change (pulling loot only for the user and not affecting squadmates), because Mag will stop being synonymous with Greedy Pull in people's minds, and everyone will stop expecting me to waste a mod slot on this overrated augment.

People will also start considering Mag useless again and not let you in their squads.

I love how everyone says Mag is useless; ok CC, cheap damage/CC, niche heavy killer, and a percent scaling Corpus/Corrupted nuke that was how the Tenn0s got to over 2.5 hours in T4S.

She's "useless" cause she is a balanced caster, albeit meh against Grineer/Infested.