The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Berserker On Orthos? Also General Build Advice

(XBOX)G R A V O C

Question

So I wanted some feedback. I know the general rule of thumb is high crit = berserker and low crit is more status orientated.

Would I crit enough to maintain the speed bonus fighting frequent large mob sizes, such as in survival, excivation, and defense?

Currently I have these mods equipped:

Fury

Spoiled strike

Quickening

Pressure point

Reach

Berserker

Jagged edge

Volcanic edge

I have yet to test this build. I designed this build to hopefully counter two main issues I'm having -

1.) my attack speed before this build just isn't fast enough. So I'm looking to maximize attack speed. When rushing into a large mob of enemies moving my direction, enemies manage to slip past my blade during the breaks in my Orthos swinging.

2.) I don't inflict enough damage to one hit every enemy. I'm making this build as a DPS build to ensure things go down in one swing and not be able to run past me.

Might help to mention I'm also a perma invisible Loki.

So what Suggestions do you guys have? Does this build look like it can hold its own as a DPS AOE build?

10 answers to this question

you'd have better results with Crit Chance instead of Quickening. you'll save a lot of Energy, and the Crit Chance will be much valued if you want to try and make Berserker practical with a 10% Crit Chance Weapon.

the 20% definitely won't compare to being able to keep Beserker running more consistently.

i can't really recommend using Beserker, as the Crit Chance isn't high enough IMO to bother, it'll be too inconsistent for me - but you'll definitely want Crit Chance if you want to attempt for a niche Loadout like that.

Edit:

oh, you also have no Elementals really.

you need Elementals. a two Elemental Combo is mandatory. i'd... replace Spoiled Strike or Jagged Edge with another Elemental. the large Damage Bonus against whatever Faction you're up against will far outweigh the extra Physical Damage. plus, it'll be faster.

Orthos Prime is only 70% Slash Weighted, so i can't recommend using Physical Mods. 70% is statistically an 'okay' breaking point, but Elemental will normalize much higher than Physical, so i'd aim for atleast 75% weight, preferably 85%+.

Edited by taiiat

If you are a perma invis Loki it should do alright though the crit chance on Orthos seems low you can maintain the beserker speed bonus during large mob groups, though if I may suggest a channeling build to try if this one does not work.

My orthos set up:

Melee:

Pressure Point

Reach

Beserker

Organ Shatter

Buzz kill <-- mainly for light targets and infested

Volcanic edge

Spoiled strike 

True steel

With this build you'll swing slower due to spoiled strike but with invis you should be able to get crits to maintain beserker, tested but as tenno above mentioned crit chance is not entirely good for beserker but still worth a shot.

Channel build:

Beserker

Corrupt Charge

Killing blow

Pressure point

True steel

Fury

Focus Energy + Reflex coil to keep energy consumption down but can replace with the crit mods like organ shatter + True Punishment.

Both builds I have tested with perma invis Loki and been able to maintain at least 60% to 75% zerker with large groups,

Best of luck in whatever build you are going for, have fun whatever way you go :)

Berserker is not really worth it on Orthos Prime.

Polearm combos are so bad that your main attack should be spin attack. Especially if you're playing with Invisibility Loki, the spin attacks are better than anything else you can use. Berserker doesn't help that much for spin attacks. Definitely not enough to remove an elemental mod for.

What I use is:

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Fury

Primed Reach

Life Strike

3 elementals (includes buzzkill against the infested, jagged edge is not worth using)

EVERY weapon build ever needs at least two elementals mods to get the best damage multipliers against what you're fighting.

Spoiled strike is terrible, don't ever use that. After all is said and done any dmg mod beats the dps gain it gives.

Have you considered using Tipedo? It's better in almost every single way aside from raw dps. It excels at crit builds, copters better, and has better status too.

A good trick for checking your raw damage is looking at your leap attack. Multiply by attack speed then crit to see your dps.

This is the easiest way to tell if a mod is better or worse for your build. :)

Spoiled strike is terrible, don't ever use that. After all is said and done any dmg mod beats the dps gain it gives.

Have you considered using Tipedo? It's better in almost every single way aside from raw dps. It excels at crit builds, copters better, and has better status too.

A good trick for checking your raw damage is looking at your leap attack. Multiply by attack speed then crit to see your dps.

Spoiled Strike is staple for most melees. It increases both damage per hit and dps compared to using an elemental in most builds.

On a weapon like Orthos Prime there's no question about using Spoiled Strike. The attack speed is enough and your best attacks (not combos, spin/air/slam) aren't affected by it as much as regular combos.

K.I.S.S. - Spoiled Strike is good for Damage per Hit, but not ideal for Damage per Second.

For situations or attacks that are not influenced by attack speed, SS is ideal. For situations where attack speed matters, it's not. The added attack speed from not using SS is beneficial to more than just the direct DPS - it's also a faster combo counter rate, and a better movement though slide attacks and directional melee.

If you're looking for the #, with Fury and Pressure Point as well, SS is +45.5% damage per swing, but only +23.1% DPS.

Also, because of the way Zerker stacks, that -20% raw speed actually works out to -35% speed (+127.5% attack speed without SS, +92.5% attack speed with it equipped).

As for Zerker, it's still worth it if you're attacking large groups at once. But as a stealth toon I'd say it's neither beneficial or worth the slot, as not only will it not proc often with just 1-2 hits per enemy, but it also won't provide an incredibly useful buff, as again, attack speed is not a priority for stealth setups, just damage/swing.

For a Perma-invis Loki, I'd aim for:

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Primed Reach

Life Strike R0 (for healing if you take some AoE / crossfire)

4x 90% (one can be a 60%/60% or Focus Energy, the former for making a 240%/90% combo and the latter for less healing energy costs. Can also use Buzzkill but only for Infested).

You *could* set up a Channeling build which could have higher damage per hit, but you'd lose the Life Strike to make it sustainable and you also need your energy for staying invisible, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Someone else mentioned earlier that Spoiled strike is worth it which it is considering a maxed fury cancels out the drop in speed and add 10% speed so keep spoiled strike also though I agree the tipedo is better then the orthos don't take which copters better into consideration as coptering will be gone in probably less then a month though if you do want a good berserker build go for the tipedo. Also an elemental combo is needed and change it out depending on which enemy you are going against radiation (fire+electric) vs grineer, magnetic (cold+electric) vs corpus and corosive (posion + electric) vs infested and void/corrupted enemies.

like people already said here ,  berserker is a waste on an orthos prime which is already fast enough , fury will be great on it.

for the build , go for slash and corrosive . it will be enough