Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crewman Synthesis Is Done

321agemo

Not just that but it splits off like a starfish and can regrow from bits and pieces.

So we need to utterly exterminate a cluster or else we can expect to be hit by more due to it growing back... OR using our warframe powers in leu of weapons due to void energy being an anathema.

I do wonder what the heck was going on where they would need such terraforming and so on, however. Same with the seven principals as well. What would those be? Are they tied to the 'Evolution' sigils we see so often in void towers?

I bet these seven principles had to do with AI development or something similar.

Thanks!

Transcript:

They opened the chamber door just in time for me to see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her.  She was the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived.  Except now she was nothing but mist and gore.

A voice boomed form within, “The Crewmen project is cancelled. Send in the next.”

The rifles at my back tried to urge me inside.  Old faces filled the dome’s projections, immense and god-like.  I walked into the center of the room, bored, as I knelt upon the darkened judgment disc.

The projection of Executor Ballas swelled large in front of me.  I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises. His voice thundered, “The principles are clear.  Your sentence is death.  May the Void forgive you.”

As the judgment disc  began to light I stood, took a deep breath and spoke, “She will not forgive you.”

Laughter broke out among the faces of the dome.  Other’s asked “what did he say?”  Ballas only smiled, “You challenge us, Archimedian?”

“I do.  Kill me and the Empire you are sworn to uphold dies with me.”

Ballas turned his head as the judgment disc went suddenly dark, “An appeal comes at a price.  Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly.”

“They already suffer in this growing wasteland.  They have already paid.  Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?”

“Your solution is an abomination, like you, it will be annihilated.” Ballas motioned to a guard in the corner, “Present the evidence.”

The chamber doors opened and a mass of guards entered, guns trained inward.  As they reached the center, they parted, revealing a small cart.  Atop the cart was a motionless creature, no larger than a hand.  Its body was symmetrical, star-shaped with a seamless, matte-black shell.

A new projection, that of Executor Tuvul ballooned into the space, “It looks harmless.”

“Harmless?” Ballas boomed in Tuvul’s direction.  He turned to the center of the dome, “Show them.”

On command, the guards backed away from the card and readied their weapons. Their leader took careful aim and fire a whisper round into the body of my creation.  Two of the limbs tore off the frame revealing a glossy, gelatinous interior.

Silence gripped the dome as Tuvul shook his head.  Then suddenly, the creature moved, convulsed, the hard surface started undulating.  In a moment the wound closed and the thing was whole again. Beside it another machine had grown from its severed parts.  Their surfaces had changed however – brighter, harder, resilient to whisper rounds now.

Ballas looked triumphant as voting lights began to appear on the judgment disc.

My green death was coming, so I roared at them, “Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject it’s power? No.  They conquered their fear and learned to control it.  The Seven Principles are a joke.”

His projection swooped down to me, “The Orokin is the law and the law is the Orokin.  We are unbending.  Your appeal is denied.”

Tuvul interrupted, “Our laws are sacred but do not forget The Plan, Ballas.” His visage turned down to me, “Countless other ventures have failed The Plan, how will this machine fulfill its design?”

I tried to catch my breath and speak, “The crossing to the Tau system is perilous. Adaptation and replication are the only way a terraforming journey can be made.  They will build an insterstallar rail as they travel, they will adapt to the host planet and prepare it for our arrival.  They will save you.”

Tuvul peered down at me, “And when it completes its task, what will prevent it from turning against us, as the Seven Principles say?”

“The flaw.”

Tuvul’s eyes narrowed, “The flaw?”

“The Void is poison to them.  Once they have reached Tau they will be marooned there.  To travel the rail here would destroy them.  Whatever the risks, the Origin system will be-“

Ballas shouted, “Enough! Dereliction of the law threatens the entire empire.  Which one of you will risk this?” Ballas was growing increasingly frustrated.

“The empire is already at risk,” cried the shrill voice of another Executor, “Or perhaps you haven’t noticed that from your cozy position on Mars.” To this there was a round of applause and the judgement disc remained unchanged.

“Ballas, you lack consensus.” Shouted Executor Tuvul.

His projection seemed to shrink smaller until he finally broke his silence, “Archimedian Perintol, against my better judgement,” his disgust was palpable, “You appeal has been accepted. You are free to go.”

One by one the projections of each Executor in the Tribunal flickered off and the guards ushered me into the hall. There I stood, rapt with shock when I heard his footsteps behind me.

“You did better than I thought you would,”  It was Ballas, the man, not the projection. “It would seem nobody truly knows they want a thing until you threaten to take it away.”  He broke into a smile,” Wouldn’t you agree, Archimedian?”

I was just finished writing my own transcript dammit. >:(

THey opened the chamber door just in time for me to see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her. She was teh greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived. Except now she was nothing but mist and gore.

A voice boomed from within, "The Crewman project is cancelled, send in the next."

THe rifles at my back tried to urge me inside. Old faces filled the dome's projections, immense and god-like. I walked into the center of the room and the scorched scent choked my lungs. All around me they watched, bored, as I knelt upon the darkened judgement disc.

The projection of Executor Ballas swelled large in front of me. I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises. His wvoice thundered, "The principles are clear. Your sentence is death. May the Void forgive you."

As the judgement disc began to light I stood, took a deep breath and spoke, "She will not forgive you."

Laughter broke out among the faces of the dome. Others asked "What did he say?" Ballas only smiled, "You challenge us, Archimedian?"

"I do. Kill me and the Empire you are sworn to uphold dies with me."

Ballas turned his head as the judgement disc went suddenly dark, "An appeal comes at a price. Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly."

"They already suffer in this growing wasteland. They have already paid. Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?"

"Your solution is an abomination, like you, it will be annihilated." Ballas motioned to a guard in the corner, "Present the evidence."

The chamber doors opened and a mass of guards entered, guns trained inward. As they reached the center, they parted, revealing a small cart. Atop the cart was a motionless creature, no larger than a hand. Its body was symmetrical, star-shaped with a seamless, matte-black shell.

A new projection, that Executor Tuvul ballooned into space, "It looks harmless."

"Harmless?" Ballas boomed in Tuvul's direction. He turned to the center of the dome, "Show them."

On command, the guards backed away from the cart and readied their weapons. Their leader took careful aim and fired a whisper round into the body of my creation. Two of the limbs tore off the frane revealing a glossy, gelatinous interior.

Silence gripped the dome as Tuvul shook his head. Then suddenly, the creature moved, convulsed, the hard surface started undulating. In a moment the woudn closed and the thing was whole again. Besite it another machine had grown from its severed parts. Their surfaces had changed however - brighter, harder, resilient to whisper rounds now.

Ballas looked triumphant as voting lights began to appear on the judgement disc.

My green death was coming, so I roared at them, "Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject its power? No. They conquered their fear and learned to control it. The Seven Principles are a joke."

His projection swooped down to me, "The Orokin is the law and the law is the Orokin. We are unbending. Your appeal is denied."

Tuvul interrupted, "Our laws are scared but do not forget The Plan, Ballas." His visage turned down to me, "Countless other ventures have failed The Plan, how will this machine fulfill its design?"

I tried to catch my breath and speak, "The crossing to the Tau system is perilous. Adaptation and replication are the only way a terraforming journey can be made. THey will build an interstellar rail as they travel, they will adapt to the host planet and prepare it for our arrival. They will save you.

Tuvul peered down at me, "And when it completes its task, what will prevent it from turning against us, as the Seven Principles say?"

"The flaw."

Tuvul's eyes narrowed, "The flaw?"

"The void is poison to them. Once they have reached Tau they will be marooned there. To travel the rail her would destroy them. Whatever the risks, the Origin system will be-" 

Ballas shotued, "Enough! Dereliction of the law threatens the entire empire. Which one of you will risk this?" Ballas was growing increasingly frustrated.

"The empire is already at risk," cried the shrill voice of another Executor, "Or perhaps you haven't noticed from your cozy position on Mars." To this there was a roudn of applause and the judgement disk remained unchanged.

"Ballas, you lack consensus." Shouted executor Tuvul.

His projection seemed to shrink smaller until he finally broke his silence, "Archimedian Perintol, against my better judgement," his disgust was palpable, "Your appeal has been accepted. You are free to go."

One by one the projections of each Executor in the Tribunal flickered off adn the guards ushered me into the hall. There I stood, rapt with shock when I heard his footsteps behind me.

"You did better than I thought yo uwould," it was Ballas, the man, not the projection. "It would seem nobody truly knows they want a thing until you threaten to take it away." He broke into a smile, "Wouldn't you agree, Archimedian?"

Nevertheless, fine job on the lore as always. I'm just hoping they could release them much sooner after the synthesis entries are finished.

Could it be the Infestation? Breaking out for the first time before being subdued? Perhaps this is the time in which the first Great Plague happened in this universe, as opposed to when it went down in Dark Sector.

Not really, as the corrupted ancient is infested and in the void

I take it all back, looks like the Sentients are indeed going to the Orokin AI creations. With a built in... known... vulnerability to the Void.

So... not a _single_ true alien in the whole game... interesting.

Still, It near-confirms that it's the Void-powers of the Tenno that made them so good against the Sentients. I wonder if they still can't travel the void.

Oh and nice to have more confirmation that the Solar Rails _are_ trans-Void-travel, some people doubted that.

Also, the Orokin just keep becoming bigger and bigger A******s the more we learn don't they.

Edited by SilentMobius

I do wonder what the heck was going on where they would need such terraforming and so on, however. Same with the seven principals as well. What would those be? Are they tied to the 'Evolution' sigils we see so often in void towers?

The Seven Principles seem to talk about things turning against them, things made by them. But that's the only clue we have.

As for the need for terraforming, as the narrator says "they already suffer in this growing wasteland", so I'd say that the Orokin had effectively used us all the resources in Origin. So they needed to move out, head to the Tau system, get more things, move their people their. Expand their Empire.

Sadly, it seems they never got that far.

Thanks!

Transcript:

They opened the chamber door just in time for me to see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her.  She was the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived.  Except now she was nothing but mist and gore.

A voice boomed from within, “The Crewmen project is cancelled. Send in the next.”

The rifles at my back tried to urge me inside.  Old faces filled the dome’s projections, immense and god-like.  I walked into the center of the room, bored, as I knelt upon the darkened judgment disc.

The projection of Executor Ballas swelled large in front of me.  I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises. His voice thundered, “The principles are clear.  Your sentence is death.  May the Void forgive you.”

As the judgment disc  began to light I stood, took a deep breath and spoke, “She will not forgive you.”

Laughter broke out among the faces of the dome.  Other’s asked “what did he say?”  Ballas only smiled, “You challenge us, Archimedian?”

“I do.  Kill me and the Empire you are sworn to uphold dies with me.”

Ballas turned his head as the judgment disc went suddenly dark, “An appeal comes at a price.  Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly.”

“They already suffer in this growing wasteland.  They have already paid.  Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?”

“Your solution is an abomination, like you, it will be annihilated.” Ballas motioned to a guard in the corner, “Present the evidence.”

The chamber doors opened and a mass of guards entered, guns trained inward.  As they reached the center, they parted, revealing a small cart.  Atop the cart was a motionless creature, no larger than a hand.  Its body was symmetrical, star-shaped with a seamless, matte-black shell.

A new projection, that of Executor Tuvul ballooned into the space, “It looks harmless.”

“Harmless?” Ballas boomed in Tuvul’s direction.  He turned to the center of the dome, “Show them.”

On command, the guards backed away from the card and readied their weapons. Their leader took careful aim and fire a whisper round into the body of my creation.  Two of the limbs tore off the frame revealing a glossy, gelatinous interior.

Silence gripped the dome as Tuvul shook his head.  Then suddenly, the creature moved, convulsed, the hard surface started undulating.  In a moment the wound closed and the thing was whole again. Beside it another machine had grown from its severed parts.  Their surfaces had changed however – brighter, harder, resilient to whisper rounds now.

Ballas looked triumphant as voting lights began to appear on the judgment disc.

My green death was coming, so I roared at them, “Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject it’s power? No.  They conquered their fear and learned to control it.  The Seven Principles are a joke.”

His projection swooped down to me, “The Orokin is the law and the law is the Orokin.  We are unbending.  Your appeal is denied.”

Tuvul interrupted, “Our laws are sacred but do not forget The Plan, Ballas.” His visage turned down to me, “Countless other ventures have failed The Plan, how will this machine fulfill its design?”

I tried to catch my breath and speak, “The crossing to the Tau system is perilous. Adaptation and replication are the only way a terraforming journey can be made.  They will build an insterstallar rail as they travel, they will adapt to the host planet and prepare it for our arrival.  They will save you.”

Tuvul peered down at me, “And when it completes its task, what will prevent it from turning against us, as the Seven Principles say?”

“The flaw.”

Tuvul’s eyes narrowed, “The flaw?”

“The Void is poison to them.  Once they have reached Tau they will be marooned there.  To travel the rail here would destroy them.  Whatever the risks, the Origin system will be-“

Ballas shouted, “Enough! Dereliction of the law threatens the entire empire.  Which one of you will risk this?” Ballas was growing increasingly frustrated.

“The empire is already at risk,” cried the shrill voice of another Executor, “Or perhaps you haven’t noticed that from your cozy position on Mars.” To this there was a round of applause and the judgement disc remained unchanged.

“Ballas, you lack consensus.” Shouted Executor Tuvul.

His projection seemed to shrink smaller until he finally broke his silence, “Archimedian Perintol, against my better judgement,” his disgust was palpable, “You appeal has been accepted. You are free to go.”

One by one the projections of each Executor in the Tribunal flickered off and the guards ushered me into the hall. There I stood, rapt with shock when I heard his footsteps behind me.

“You did better than I thought you would,”  It was Ballas, the man, not the projection. “It would seem nobody truly knows they want a thing until you threaten to take it away.”  He broke into a smile,” Wouldn’t you agree, Archimedian?”

**** that was some fast typing done there.

Edited by 321agemo

I take it all back, looks like the Sentients are indeed going to the Orokin AI creations. With a built in... known... vulnerability to the Void.

Still, It near-confirms that it's the Void-powers of the Tenno that made them so good against the Sentients. I wonder if they still can't travel the void.

Oh and nice to have more confirmation that the Solar Rails _are_ trans-Void-travel, some people doubted that.

Travel the Void or not, they found a way back. So it is possible.

And yeah, Rails definitely use the Void - though I'd wager in a more controlled, safer way than this "fold" technology mentioned in the Ember Prime.

And yeah, Rails definitely use the Void - though I'd wager in a more controlled, safer way than this "fold" technology mentioned in the Ember Prime.

Absolutely agree, I'm wondering if the construction or the rails really was the mark point of the end of the "Void era" and the beginning of the Orokin era.

I was just finished writing my own transcript dammit. >:(

THey opened the chamber door just in time for me to see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her. She was teh greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived. Except now she was nothing but mist and gore.

A voice boomed from within, "The Crewman project is cancelled, send in the next."

THe rifles at my back tried to urge me inside. Old faces filled the dome's projections, immense and god-like. I walked into the center of the room and the scorched scent choked my lungs. All around me they watched, bored, as I knelt upon the darkened judgement disc.

The projection of Executor Ballas swelled large in front of me. I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises. His wvoice thundered, "The principles are clear. Your sentence is death. May the Void forgive you."

As the judgement disc began to light I stood, took a deep breath and spoke, "She will not forgive you."

Laughter broke out among the faces of the dome. Others asked "What did he say?" Ballas only smiled, "You challenge us, Archimedian?"

"I do. Kill me and the Empire you are sworn to uphold dies with me."

Ballas turned his head as the judgement disc went suddenly dark, "An appeal comes at a price. Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly."

"They already suffer in this growing wasteland. They have already paid. Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?"

"Your solution is an abomination, like you, it will be annihilated." Ballas motioned to a guard in the corner, "Present the evidence."

The chamber doors opened and a mass of guards entered, guns trained inward. As they reached the center, they parted, revealing a small cart. Atop the cart was a motionless creature, no larger than a hand. Its body was symmetrical, star-shaped with a seamless, matte-black shell.

A new projection, that Executor Tuvul ballooned into space, "It looks harmless."

"Harmless?" Ballas boomed in Tuvul's direction. He turned to the center of the dome, "Show them."

On command, the guards backed away from the cart and readied their weapons. Their leader took careful aim and fired a whisper round into the body of my creation. Two of the limbs tore off the frane revealing a glossy, gelatinous interior.

Silence gripped the dome as Tuvul shook his head. Then suddenly, the creature moved, convulsed, the hard surface started undulating. In a moment the woudn closed and the thing was whole again. Besite it another machine had grown from its severed parts. Their surfaces had changed however - brighter, harder, resilient to whisper rounds now.

Ballas looked triumphant as voting lights began to appear on the judgement disc.

My green death was coming, so I roared at them, "Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject its power? No. They conquered their fear and learned to control it. The Seven Principles are a joke."

His projection swooped down to me, "The Orokin is the law and the law is the Orokin. We are unbending. Your appeal is denied."

Tuvul interrupted, "Our laws are scared but do not forget The Plan, Ballas." His visage turned down to me, "Countless other ventures have failed The Plan, how will this machine fulfill its design?"

I tried to catch my breath and speak, "The crossing to the Tau system is perilous. Adaptation and replication are the only way a terraforming journey can be made. THey will build an interstellar rail as they travel, they will adapt to the host planet and prepare it for our arrival. They will save you.

Tuvul peered down at me, "And when it completes its task, what will prevent it from turning against us, as the Seven Principles say?"

"The flaw."

Tuvul's eyes narrowed, "The flaw?"

"The void is poison to them. Once they have reached Tau they will be marooned there. To travel the rail her would destroy them. Whatever the risks, the Origin system will be-" 

Ballas shotued, "Enough! Dereliction of the law threatens the entire empire. Which one of you will risk this?" Ballas was growing increasingly frustrated.

"The empire is already at risk," cried the shrill voice of another Executor, "Or perhaps you haven't noticed from your cozy position on Mars." To this there was a roudn of applause and the judgement disk remained unchanged.

"Ballas, you lack consensus." Shouted executor Tuvul.

His projection seemed to shrink smaller until he finally broke his silence, "Archimedian Perintol, against my better judgement," his disgust was palpable, "Your appeal has been accepted. You are free to go."

One by one the projections of each Executor in the Tribunal flickered off adn the guards ushered me into the hall. There I stood, rapt with shock when I heard his footsteps behind me.

"You did better than I thought yo uwould," it was Ballas, the man, not the projection. "It would seem nobody truly knows they want a thing until you threaten to take it away." He broke into a smile, "Wouldn't you agree, Archimedian?"

Nevertheless, fine job on the lore as always. I'm just hoping they could release them much sooner after the synthesis entries are finished.

**** that was some fast typing done there.

I take dictation for work. =P

Absolutely agree, I'm wondering if the construction or the rails really was the mark point of the end of the "Void era" and the beginning of the Orokin era.

As a part of it, aye, I think the beginning of the Orokin Era REALLY started with the assembly of this "Council of Executors" - which we can indeed say was the Orokin Emperors Stalker's Codex speaks of.

Travel the Void or not, they found a way back. So it is possible.

Indeed, it has been a long time, they could have taken the long way back. Maybe their ark-ship will the the titular "Tomb" maybe we'll just end up waking up some that were already in the origin system but deactivated/in storage.

Man, an adaptive hive-ish-mind AI left for hundreds of years alone... I hope their culture is suitably.... y'know... out there.

I noticed something while reading this lore. Before the main character was sent in for execution someone who they described as "the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived" was executed. Now since we can assume that she was executed for the same reason the main character was to be executed for, building the Sentient, does this mean that the Sentient are "alive"? Made of living tissue and not just cold metal and AI?

This could explain why the Orokin tried to use the Infested on the Sentients at first, which would make more sense if they were organic beings as the Infested would have more affect. Maybe the reason the Infected got out of control was because they succeeded, absorbed the Sentients and got their powers of adaptability and change to evolve into a form the orokin could no longer control.

Atleast that's my 2am theory

As a part of it, aye, I think the beginning of the Orokin Era REALLY started with the assembly of this "Council of Executors" - which we can indeed say was the Orokin Emperors Stalker's Codex speaks of.

You think so? I was wondering if the executors were just a planetary body, with more layers above. It could be the top I suppose.

I wonder how many actual "Orokin" there really were.

I noticed something while reading this lore. Before the main character was sent in for execution someone who they described as "the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived" was executed. Now since we can assume that she was executed for the same reason the main character was to be executed for, building the Sentient, does this mean that the Sentient are "alive"? Made of living tissue and not just cold metal and AI?

This could explain why the Orokin tried to use the Infested on the Sentients at first, which would make more sense if they were organic beings as the Infested would have more affect. Maybe the reason the Infected got out of control was because they succeeded, absorbed the Sentients and got their powers of adaptability and change to evolve into a form the orokin could no longer control.

Atleast that's my 2am theory

It's also possible they applied genetic theory to machine building/design to build an "Adaptable machine."  IE: Machines built on the principles of organic life.  At least on the molecular/atomic/chemistry level.

Edited by Gelkor

You think so? I was wondering if the executors were just a planetary body, with more layers above. It could be the top I suppose.

I wonder how many actual "Orokin" there really were.

Keep in mind that one of the Executors is said to be operating from Mars by another. So it's definitely interplanetary.

Who knows. I can't pin down exactly what Orokin means other than it existed at that time, but it DEFINATELY seems to be in reference to some perfect, beautiful sect of humanity.

It's also possible they applied genetic theory to machine building/design to build an "Adaptable machine."  IE: Machines built on the principles of organic life.  At least on the molecular/atomic/chemistry level.

This is what I get from it as well. The Sentients ARE living creatures.

Keep in mind that one of the Executors is said to be operating from Mars by another. So it's definitely interplanetary.

Who knows. I can't pin down exactly what Orokin means other than it existed at that time, but it DEFINATELY seems to be in reference to some perfect, beautiful sect of humanity.

Yeah, though I do still think that the Emperors existed at the time of this story as well. I think the Orokin Emperors were as distant and enigmatic to the Orokin Empire as the Twin Queens are to the Grineer.   They have a council of Executors to execute their will. (Or maybe it's a farce and there merely is the council of executors putting on airs with false emperors as decoys).  That said, that would make sense why the Tenno: A) Cut the head off the beast by killing the Emperors, and B) there are still executors around after the fall as in the Arid Eviscerator Synthesis.  But they are every man and woman for themselves.

Perhaps the only thing keeping the Executors from warring amongst one another and vying for power was fear and defference towards the Emperors.  Remove the emperors, and the executors war amongst themselves and destroy the empire with their squabbles, they've been shown twice now to be petty and self serving, and unwilling to take counsel. 

Edited by Gelkor

Yeah, though I do still think that the Emperors existed at the time of this story as well. I think the Orokin Emperors were as distant and enigmatic to the Orokin Empire as the Twin Queens are to the Grineer.   They have a council of Executors to execute their will. (Or maybe it's a farce and there merely is the council of executors putting on airs with false emperors as decoys).  That said, that would make sense why the Tenno: A) Cut the head off the beast by killing the Emperors, and B) there are still executors around after the fall as in the Arid Eviscerator Synthesis.

I think the Executors WERE the Emperors, at least at this juncture, they just didn't call themselves Emperors - a Dictator by any other name is still a tyrant.

In the same way a Warframe without a Tenno is consider a living creature possibly. 

Well these Sentients seem to definitely have been genetic in origin. What, exactly, our Warframes come into is unclear - we only have theories, atm.

I say they're biological, but...

I think the Executors WERE the Emperors, at least at this juncture, they just didn't call themselves Emperors - a Dictator by any other name is still a tyrant.

Hrm, idunno, you don't usually call something an Empire if you're ruled by a council, and the Orokin in general seem to like to take any opportunity to put on airs.  If they were truly leaders of an Empire they would call themselves Emperors, not Executors. With how petty and vindictive the Executors have been shown as, I feel like they would have needed a guiding hand of a greater presence to keep them from outright warring with one another, hence the Emperors. And it fits with the name, Executors execute the will of the Emperors. In whose absence all falls to chaos as every Executor begins to declare themselves as the one true hope for reclaiming the Empire, hence the fall. 

Edited by Gelkor

Hrm, idunno, you don't usually call something an Empire if you're ruled by a council, and the Orokin in general seem to like to take any opportunity to put on airs.  If they were truly leaders of an Empire they would call themselves Emperors, not Executors. With how petty and vindictive the Executors have been shown as, I feel like they would have needed a guiding hand of a greater presence to keep them from outright warring with one another, hence the Emperors. And it fits with the name, Executors execute the will of the Emperors. In whose absence all falls to chaos as every Executor begins to declare themselves as the one true hope for reclaiming the Empire, hence the fall. 

Dictatorships aren't ruled by Presidents, but so many modern Dictators use the term. It's better publicity.

But these are valid points. It MAY be that the Executors were a lower branch, but that we haven't heard anything about Emperors since Stalker's Codex but this is the second time Executors have come up as a ruling force... We'll need to see more to really understand.

Dictatorships aren't ruled by Presidents, but so many modern Dictators use the term. It's better publicity.

But these are valid points. It MAY be that the Executors were a lower branch, but that we haven't heard anything about Emperors since Stalker's Codex but this is the second time Executors have come up as a ruling force... We'll need to see more to really understand.

Agreed, and I don't necessarily discount the idea of the Executors being the true shadow cabal behind a fictitious "Emperor" or the eventual elevation of some Executors. 

On the other hand I wonder if, perhaps, the Emperors are the ones who crafted and set the Seven Principles, and perhaps spend a great deal of time in stasis, living forever (Kinda like the Immortal Council from Knights of Sidonia), hence their need for Executors as "boots on the ground" rulers.

What are your thoughts on the "Crewman Project" reference?

(Reposting an earlier hypothesis)

Given the goal they were discussing, long-ways interstellar travel with the purposes of building relays, I wonder if the "Crewman Project" was an attempt to design/breed long lived and durable humans with an aptitude for advanced engineering to embark on deep space interstellar construction projects?   Apparently having been headed up by the Archemedian that was executed before Perintol (though possibly her notes survived The Fall and the project was reborn with the modern day Corpus?) Perintol's Sentient plan was what became chosen, but did the other Archimedian have a failed alternative?

Are modern day Corpus Crewmembers a breed apart from regular humans, even Corpus Boardmembers, designed to live and work in space with an aptitude for technical skills?

Edited by Gelkor

Names are names. You gotta call it something.

From what we've seen so far--and it's not much--the executive council we see here seems to be one of policy implementation. The dirty, down-in-the-trenches, day-to-day stuff. Excecutors execute policy. In this case, it seems to be purging some heretical notions.

The Archemedians seem to be senior scientists. Project leaders and the like...and it seems they're tied pretty closely with the Orokin side of things, but not of them.

The Crewman Project seems another genetic engineering program. Something like the grineer, but more technical. More worker drones, but higher up the caste scale from the real grunt types, namely the grineer.

Throw in the proto-sentient thingum that they were obviously intent on using as a terraforming tech and you've got an empire based on stratification around genetic templates created and maintained by a visible, but small, ruling class. One apparently in some distress even before the Great War.

Interesting stuff and one of the most significant lore dumps we've gotten so far. Very cool.