Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ghostbuster Film News!

TheErebus.

Meh, the whole gender-swapping thing just annoys me. It actually seems kinda sexist imo, it's not like there aren't any male actors who'd be fabulous in this role alongside the women. Same with F4 and swapping Johnny's race but leaving Susans the way it is. 

Too many films nowadays are worried about bad press regarding not having racial/gender equality in films it seems, even Mad Max was accused of being gender biased towards women, which just shows the stupidity of today's media.

Just my thoughts of course, I'm not too interested in the remake or worried about whether it's good or not since I still have the old ones on DVD.

Meh, the whole gender-swapping thing just annoys me. It actually seems kinda sexist imo, it's not like there aren't any male actors who'd be fabulous in this role alongside the women. Same with F4 and swapping Johnny's race but leaving Susans the way it is. 

Too many films nowadays are worried about bad press regarding not having racial/gender equality in films it seems, even Mad Max was accused of being gender biased towards women, which just shows the stupidity of today's media.

Just my thoughts of course, I'm not too interested in the remake or worried about whether it's good or not since I still have the old ones on DVD.

Honestly, I don't care.

If the characters are written well, then whether they're male or female doesn't matter. But if they're made out to be the most annoying and unlikeable characters ever, then an issue arises.

Honestly, I don't care.

If the characters are written well, then whether they're male or female doesn't matter. But if they're made out to be the most annoying and unlikeable characters ever, then an issue arises.

I guess we'll see next year, good to see that the outfit and proton pack look similar to the old version and not a modern take on the gear.

Honestly, I don't care.

The original Ghostbusters was and is a classic.

But times have changed. They COULD have recast the original crew with Peter, Ray, Egan and Winston played by different people. If they had, I can't see how it would have worked. There are FAR too many people who grew up with 'Who ya gonna call?'

I am cautious, but optimistic. The uniforms and proton pack look good. Not like ultra modern art, but as if they actually were made by the original Ghostbusters. Built for FUNCTION not APPEARANCE.

As for them being women? Couldn't care less if the script is good and the cast can act.