Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Okay This Warframe May Sound Bad, But I Do Want A Archer

(PSN)crankonacranky

So I saw the other day on the forum where somebody was saying he would like a bow frame. Which it kinda made me think ehh that wouldn't be bad I would use him. Mainly because I love the bows in this game and having a tactical approach to the game. So I think a cross of a bow player with the creativity that they brought with chroma would be awesome. Referring to the color scheme changing the power ability.

So anyways I think it would be cool 2 have a warframe with a cross bow mounted on his arm or who pulls out a retractable bow who's powers are effected by the color.

-1st ability would be a trap type ability that also works as a decoy where the warframe shoots a proximity mine into the ground. And when a enemy passes it, a net like material shoots over them. Which freezes them in place and other enemies around it that didn't get caught try n free their captive friend. And the different elements would change the type of damage enemies take. It would be a cool power so you could tactically try n take out valued targets in the net.

(This power would be affected by power strength to hold stronger enemies and power duration for time in net)

-2nd ability would bring a stealth aspect to him where he is hard to see in dark areas and limits enemies awareness and increases loot drop. And when the warframe is in a lighted area with this power he gets a buff to his primary weapon and increases ammo drop

(Power affected only by duration)

-3rd ability pulls out the bow and uses it as a melee kinda like the redeemer. Where you string together combos with the bow to fire off a single shot of element into a target. And the limited area of impact is changed by color energy.

(Power is affected by duration and range)

-4th ability brings out the bow again and can mark one to three targets depending on rank. After marking the target or targets the archer fires arrows up in the air and they violently come crashing down causing a explosion of color dictated elements in the area of target. Which would cause the most damage to select targets, but also cause a massive AOE explosion to enemies in that area.

( power affected by power strength and power range)

So what does everybody think how bad was this idea lol

This isn't really a archer warframe, this would fit into a hunter warframe, which we have yet to get, archer warframe sounds redundant because theres already a bow class weapon.

Hunter warframe would best fit this kind of warframe.

Actually I love his idea.  I'd play this frame

archer warframe sounds redundant because theres already a bow class weapon.

In response to this, there's already pistols in the game, so Mesa is out.  And there's already swords, so Excalaber is out.  There's already lightning guns, so Volt is out . . . . . . .

Point is, plenty of room for more bow.  Bows are on the table, but haven't been completely explored.

I too, share the dreams and aspirations of an archery based Warframe. The idea in itself seems like a bland topic, but there is SOOOOO much that can be done when it comes to such an ability set for such a class. The possibilities and options are near limitless, and the fun potential is exponentially higher than some more 'support' based frames. I know one argument against such a frame is continuously the already existing bows in the game, but passives are becoming an ever more prominent thing in frames, and such one could get massive benefits from using a bow, or have an entirely unique ability set designed to augment the bows themselves, making it more versatile, while making it an actual 'Archer' frame. 

One ability setup that could be done is the power to 'over-charge' your bow and get a very nice damage buff over what you normally do, or make your one/two arrows split apart into numerous mini arrowheads, kind of like a shrapnel shot.

You could also give him more supportive options by adding an ability to add beneficiary effects to your arrows, such as a healing shot with no actual damage, but instead heals whatever it hits (Tenno or enemy), or choosing a different supportive effect over being able to heal.

Since the beginning of my Warframe experience, I've wanted an archery based Warframe more than almost any other ability set that could be done, bows are a beast of a weapon, and highly under-rated skill set in Warframe, and they are one of the few weapons to truly reward the skillful Tenno who can place shot after shot into the face of our enemies.

P.S. If one of the abilities doesn't literally rain down an full bombardment of arrows, suitable for an entire 1000 soldier armada equipped with nothing but arrows, I will dis-own whoever it was that decided to make such an ability not be included. And I will find you. And I will hit you. Somewhat forcefully.

Thank you I knew I couldn't be the only one who wanted a archer warframe. Yeah I like the idea of augmented arrows such as a healing or other variants of arrows. And it would totally be bad &#! to have a power that would supercharge my dread such as Ballistic Battery does. However, I can see where that might be overpowered if it plays into all the mods on a bow. So, some players might start *@##$ing about nerfing when they get in the lobby with a archer with that power. And about the 1000 arrows falling from the sky, that's what I was kinda thinking with the ultimate being a raining storm of elemental inspired arrows!

IMG_5536.gif

This, I like this i think his ultimate could be a sort of set of nuke arrows kinda? You get four explosive type arrows and an energy bow, you fire the arrows in an area and then they detonate after a certain amount of time