Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.5 True Freedom Of Movement.. (Wall Run+ Faster Paced/more Fluid Wall Jumping+ Wall Latching = True Freedom Of Movement And Perfect Mobility

They also didn't run around in space with rocket launchers and lasers while wearing latex catsuits. 10-o are based more on anime ninja than real life shino

You're playing the game where your ninja use guns, rocket launchers, electrified sword, explosive polearm, knuckles that launch things airbourne for 20m when struck, laser, weapon platform that shoot localised gravitational field, gun that shoot flying sawblade, pocket dimension, shoot fire from their hands, capable of flight, move around in space, stopping pure molecular movement, vaporise any atom, supercharging needle into a freakin' railgun, stop time, rip through fabric of reality, control power of antimatter etc

and you're saying moving around a room at faster speed isn't "realistic"?

Wall hopping looks hella ugly, imo. It looks and feels clunky and slow, and while it provides more maneuverability, it just doesn't have the speed that we all love. I feel that the parkour system we have now is fine, and the only features we need here are wall-latching, changing direction, vaulting from wall to wall, and changing the height of the wallrun. You know, those features from an earlier devstream which Rebecca showed.

This ^ where did all the things they teased initially in the original parkour 2.0 trailer go now that was amazing. the new wall hoping looks clumsy down graded slow mode were gonna become turtles soon.

I'm really worried about the momentum gains through walljumping. The demonstrations we've had haven't shown any of this properly and I'm just hoping that the demonstrators were bad at parkouring and not that the whole system is slow as S#&$. And no, I don't care about coptering. Even without coptering I can easily move 2-4x faster than the devs at any of the pk2.0 demos.

You're playing the game where your ninja use guns, rocket launchers, electrified sword, explosive polearm, knuckles that launch things airbourne for 20m when struck, laser, weapon platform that shoot localised gravitational field, gun that shoot flying sawblade, pocket dimension, shoot fire from their hands, capable of flight, move around in space, stopping pure molecular movement, vaporise any atom, supercharging needle into a freakin' railgun, stop time, rip through fabric of reality, control power of antimatter etc

and you're saying moving around a room at faster speed isn't "realistic"?

If we're going by that, then real-world ninja tools shouldn't have been brought up at all. You don't get to selectively apply that argument.

-Keep melee air attacks/melee coptering but lessen distance covered or make it a fixed distance covered they are fun mechanics that players love to use and make us feel ninja like.

Every Parkour 2.0 thread I see says this. Air melee & slide attacks were never going away. Limiting the distance to a fixed length has always been a part of their plan.

-Why not keep wall running as well along with adding faster paced more fluid and seamless wall jumping and wall hatch that way we have more options for mobility instead of just relying on wall hopping which in the early preview stages looks a bit clunky and needs further polish as it seems really slow paced and out of place in the fast paced game modes that we are already accustomed to.

Steve said it was so you wouldn't get caught on any little bumps.

I'm really worried about the momentum gains through walljumping. The demonstrations we've had haven't shown any of this properly and I'm just hoping that the demonstrators were bad at parkouring and not that the whole system is slow as S#&$. And no, I don't care about coptering. Even without coptering I can easily move 2-4x faster than the devs at any of the pk2.0 demos.

Yes yeah momentum gains the current wall jumping they shown looked very static and slow.

The New system will be better, even if we are slower. I prefer control over random unreliable speed.

^This I like it even though the hopping is a bit frog like. I like to hang on a wall and feel like a ninja. Spying enemy's and landing on their heads. And shooting from above. I wonder how it will feel while playing with Zephyr.

Every Parkour 2.0 thread I see says this. Air melee & slide attacks were never going away. Limiting the distance to a fixed length has always been a part of their plan.

well now in that case all is good then DE just has to streamline and make the wall jumping more fluid and fast paced.

EDIT: I still believe like what I said in the OP that wall running+ faster paced more fluid wall jumping+ wall cling+ limited range (shorter range fixed limit) air melee attack/coptering

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

well now in that case all is good then DE just has to streamline and make the wall jumping more fluid and fast paced.

I'd rather have them outright replace it with wallrunning, at least from an aesthetic standpoint. I think most can agree it looks incredibly silly.

^This I like it even though the hopping is a bit frog like. I like to hang on a wall and feel like a ninja. Spying enemy's and landing on their heads. And shooting from above. I wonder how it will feel while playing with Zephyr.

Yes I like it too as well but only if they make the animation more seamless and fluid a bit faster paced to fit the fast paced combat system of the game and I also suggested to incorporate old wall run along with the new faster paced wall jumping and wall cling basically more mobility options the better and = perfect mobility

There is an immeasurable amount of fun to be had, and a good deal of practice required, with the current melee system as demonstrated here. And this was before vertical melee.

After carefully watching all the recent demonstrations of Parkour 2.5 on the LiveStreams, all it reminds me of is this.

I really hope they keep horizontal wall-running, It's pretty much my favorite part of warframe's parkour system, now its getting dropped for this wall-jumping maneuver...

This is how I want to wall-run:

UNeTtYm.png

Not hopping across the wall like this:

yjaisnR.png

They could make this work if they combined both parkour 2.0 previews together, You could keep wallrunning by holding down either Sprint or Jump and then let go to wall-hop to an adjacent wall or to wherever the camera is facing, This could lead to more tactical and precise parkour movements throughout the game, Since currently you are just kind of flung in one direction after you transition from a wall-run instead of getting to choose where you want to go.

I mainly hope they keep the directional horizontal movement they showed in the first preview, That alone could add so many more possibilities to warframes parkour system, Along with the new wall-latching ( Which could probably be achieved by hold Ctrl/crouch while using wallrun ) It would add a lot more uses for parkour ingame.

M874aW2.png

There is an immeasurable amount of fun to be had, and a good deal of practice required, with the current melee system as demonstrated here. And this was before vertical melee.

After carefully watching all the recent demonstrations of Parkour 2.5 on the LiveStreams, all it reminds me of is this.

Agreed the previous parkour system was fun we will surely miss it and now we will be bunny/frogs hopping at turtle like speed.

I really hope they keep horizontal wall-running, It's pretty much my favorite part of warframe's parkour system, now its getting dropped for this wall-jumping maneuver...

This is how I want to wall-run:

UNeTtYm.png

Not hopping across the wall like this:

yjaisnR.png

They could make this work if they combined both parkour 2.0 previews together, You could keep wallrunning by holding down either Sprint or Jump and then let go to wall-hop to an adjacent wall or to wherever the camera is facing, This could lead to more tactical and precise parkour movements throughout the game, Since currently you are just kind of flung in one direction after you transition from a wall-run instead of getting to choose where you want to go.

I mainly hope they keep the directional horizontal movement they showed in the first preview, That alone could add so many more possibilities to warframes parkour system, Along with the new wall-latching ( Which could probably be achieved by hold Ctrl/crouch while using wallrun ) It would add a lot more uses for parkour ingame.

M874aW2.png

This dude we share the same sentiments that DE should just allow both versions wall running + faster pace more fluid wall jumping+ wall cling+ nerfed air melee attack/coptering distance opens up new possibilities thanks for even displaying images for visual representation let us hope DE see this so that they can take it into consideration before they finalize parkour 2.0

Reminder that players who prefer to go fast never want to remove slow players wanting to explore by asking DE to set a timer of 3 seconds to move through a room else they will get disconnected.

So why are there slow people wanting to remove fast players by asking DE to remove coptering?

Lol cuz that's not how this works. Your argument really doesn't make sense here, this is coming from a guy who doesn't support either side btw. Ur statement just doesn't work like that

Yes I mean it should be our choice on how we want to move if we want to go fast we should be able to use the new parkour system to go fast but from the looks of the preview its moving to go slow not to mention it will still have bugs. I like the wall jumping but they should increase its speed or make it a bit more fast paced i mean even if they do that its still possible that we have a degree of control over our movements and at the same time keep our wall running.

Did we watch the same preview? I watched her pick up some serious momentum and cover a whole room in the void in seconds, much like how it is now.

Did we watch the same preview? I watched her pick up some serious momentum and cover a whole room in the void in seconds, much like how it is now.

This is what I was talking about the new parkour system should be similar to this with some elements of faster wall jumping but mainly this is what they promised and they changed it.

https://youtu.be/2Bgez-fZCAE

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-