Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0: How Fast Is Fast?

Deruser

Many players are complaining about how Parkour 2.0 is slow and bunny hopping is stupid etc. But can we ask ourselves for a second? How fast is fast? Coptering was giving a ridiculous amount of speed and if you guys want it to be that fast, the new movement system will just be unwieldy.

So, how fast is fast? Let's take capture missions as an example. How long do you want a capture mission to take? 1 minute or 5 minutes? Or is 1 minute too long for you?

There can never be too much fast. Instead of slowing down why don't we just speed up? Why can't we go so fast that enemies melt as we pass by them. Why can't I make my volt so fast that he can run to a moutain and back in the blink of an eye and then do it again?

running is fast. and from the look of it running is faster than parkouring.

from where is stand i see parkour 2.0 as an attempt to make parkour more accessible, which doesn't mean it's gonna be better than a parkour 1.0

as example damage 2.0. is it better than damage 1.0? i wouldn't say  so. especially when in a team of four we are using only 1-2 damage types, because the rest are useless.

as i mentioned before, parkour 2.0 looks slow. slower than a simple running. it's not about coptering. it's looks lame and boring and cheap.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

Im worried about the complanins about the wall hoping... dont understand that solve most of the problem with current tile sets... Like wall climb...
They want to keep the current parkour system- they want to keep the actual melee speed system unbalanced cof cof...

My hopes are on DE take the right decition.

There can never be too much fast. Instead of slowing down why don't we just speed up? Why can't we go so fast that enemies melt as we pass by them. Why can't I make my volt so fast that he can run to a moutain and back in the blink of an eye and then do it again?

Because if you want a game like that, you might as well press a button and the game just plays itself and ends in a minute. If you're being sarcastic though, good one. Still, making enemies melt should be Ember's job.

Im worried about the complanins about the wall hoping... dont understand that solve most of the problem with current tile sets... Like wall climb...

They want to keep the current parkour system- they want to keep the actual melee speed system unbalanced cof cof...

My hopes are on DE take the right decition.

Yes, the demonstration by Rebecca on the Devstream just shows. The Tenno hopping across the wall helps to jump across the uneven wall surfaces. rather than having the sticky wall running we had before. It also gives much more options in terms of changing direction. 

If that is what you have been seriously thinking this whole time then I think you should reconsider the biased hatred for coptering before judging and generalizing the opposing opinion.

I for one couldn't give two craps about coptering, in fact having it go away seems good. But the current parkour system provides a better sense of speed than the silly hopping (and note that I said parkour, coptering isn't part of parkour).

And I'm not saying all of the mechanics in the 2.0 demo are a mistake but it seems that some changes were rather unnecesary and it just helps to limit the possibilities of parkour.

Edited by RahuStalker

The simplest and imo most reasonable solution, is to keep the melee based movement system we have in place, (coptering,) the constant wall run and momentum launching wall-bounce system in place and add the new elements of the Parkour 2.5 demonstrated on the LiveStreams. That way play styles and movement styles will be left up to the individual player. Which is ultimately what we all want from any game.

This is the only thing I can think of when carefully examining the previews of Parkour 2.5 on the LiveStream. Is turning the game into WarFrogger what we really want?

Yes, the demonstration by Rebecca on the Devstream just shows. The Tenno hopping across the wall helps to jump across the uneven wall surfaces. rather than having the sticky wall running we had before. It also gives much more options in terms of changing direction. 

No just that, It makes actual TileSets work with the system, shows more enviroment interaction, more skilled movement, something different that we have now, more control where you want to go, and how, no just equip a high atack speed melee weapon and that...

What I will like, its to implement the wall dash they have shown some Devstreams ago... It was amazing...

I have no real problems with wall Run removal, not only they are removing it, they are replacing it with a better system that dont stuck while running on wall because some objects and that... 

@RahuStalker:

About the current system as i say, and I will until it is removed, ITS unbalanced.

Not only depends on your melee weapon, it currently its based on E and wall run, so you say, and how unbalanced is it, well just a people who have a different melee weapon, its leave in dust for a copter.

I dont think they are limiting the "sense of parkour" they are giving another type of movement system (aka movement 2.0)

Double Jumps, Wall hop that actually work with current tilesets, they are not making a big sacrifice of speed, you still can move fast with the upcoming change, but people will have learn on how fast to move, using the enviroment, as some dude say about how can i move fast in phobos or earth, well, they are, or they will (i think) making a rework on some tile sets, where that coming system is not going to work very well.

If that is what you have been seriously thinking this whole time then I think you should reconsider the biased hatred for coptering before judging and generalizing the opposing opinion.

I for one couldn't give two craps about coptering, in fact having it go away seems good. But the current parkour system provides a better sense of speed than the silly hopping (and note that I said parkour, coptering isn't part of parkour).

And I'm not saying all of the mechanics in the 2.0 demo are a mistake but it seems that some changes were rather unnecesary and it just helps to limit the possibilities of parkour.

A sense of speed. Do we really need it though? A lot of the Warframes were supposed to be built for combat, not just for going fast. The new parkour system gives a lot more options in combat in my opinion. Making the combat feel more fun and all. The current parkour system could never be used in combat. If a sense of speed is needed, animations could help right? Removing stamina will also help with the sense of speed that is required.

Speed is an important factor of warframe, especially during parkour.

And no I'm not saying "ZOMG COPTER JETZ!1!1" as so many of you seem to be implying, but speed has to be there, look at all the trailers and see how often speed and agility are promoted there.

This current jump based system also seems to be very limiting in regards to what could be done. For instance I recall a gif in a previous stream where they showed some animatons of Excal doing consecutive launches between walls, I wouldn't expect that to be easy to pull off but it would surely be rewarding to do so.

Speed is an important factor of warframe, especially during parkour.

And no I'm not saying "ZOMG COPTER JETZ!1!1" as so many of you seem to be implying, but speed has to be there, look at all the trailers and see how often speed and agility are promoted there.

This current jump based system also seems to be very limiting in regards to what could be done. For instance I recall a gif in a previous stream where they showed some animatons of Excal doing consecutive launches between walls, I wouldn't expect that to be easy to pull off but it would surely be rewarding to do so.

The one showed in the latest Devstream is a Work In Progress. I doubt they will be able to add everything, especially when Rebecca requires it every 2 weeks. (I mean no offense, Lotus. :P) Speed and agility is promoted, but it's more for dodging attacks than actually going fast. Looking at Excalibur in the Tombs of the Sentients trailer, he did not go really fast actually.

If i am not going fast enough to catch fire to the enemy's i run past i am not going fast enough. I am talking full dmc turbo mode 

Then play as Ember, you don't even have to run fast. Nah, just joking. The thing about going too fast is, can we control it? Coptering did not need control because it was literally flying. But in Parkour 2.0, if the devs require it to be skill based, it has to be a little more realistic, which is a good thing in my opinion. Bouncing and leaping across walls can be hard to control at lightning speeds. (If you're being sarcastic, LOL)

@RahuStalker:

About the current system as i say, and I will until it is removed, ITS unbalanced.

Not only depends on your melee weapon, it currently its based on E and wall run, so you say, and how unbalanced is it, well just a people who have a different melee weapon, its leave in dust for a copter.

And you you couldn't help but talk about coptering again, let me repeat it for you, when comparing the two systems I am not counting in coptering, why? Because coptering is it's own thing, it isn't parkour. We both know the thing it is now won't be anymore, and to me that is fine, I have never included coptering when comparing the two systems and I never will, it'd be nice for you and others to leave that bias behind thinking everyone that opposes your opinion is defending coptering, some are yes but not everyone is.

Then play as Ember, you don't even have to run fast. Nah, just joking. The thing about going too fast is, can we control it? Coptering did not need control because it was literally flying. But in Parkour 2.0, if the devs require it to be skill based, it has to be a little more realistic, which is a good thing in my opinion. Bouncing and leaping across walls can be hard to control at lightning speeds. (If you're being sarcastic, LOL)

Things such as wall lunges don't have to be excessive but can be implemented to be quick if used skillfully, I point again to the gif of the ping-ponging excal.

Edited by RahuStalker

Well i for one would love to see them add speed to the level of a good tribes flag cap (sarcasm)

it would be hilarious watching people splattering their warframes against the various objects in the game.

Parkour is way more then just speed, without control its useless.

The new work in progress footage had more control now they just have to add fluid motions and a good way to go from one parkour technique to another.

After that is done they can add ways to add speed then we have the best of both worlds. Control and speed.