The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riddle Time

Zurion

Correct :)

9. Kristen lives in a crack house. She needed to make a purchase at a hardware store for her house. 

She asks one of the workers there "how much does one cost?" to which he replied "6 dollars". 
She then asks "how much does twelve cost?"
"12 dollars" said the worker.
Finally she says " Ok, I am going to purchase one hundred and forty four."
The workers replies "Your total comes to $18."
She hands him the money and leaves. What did she purchase?

The brass numbers for the house address.

I saw this on QI so didn't want to spoil it, but the answer is house numbers. She bought the numbers 144 which equal 3 in total making it 6 dollars a number.

1 costs 6$ cause there's only one number

12 costs 12$ cause there are 2 numbers

144 costs 18$ cause there are 3 numbers

10. Jonny owns the only Indian restaurant in town that doesn't give people horrible diarrhea. Because of this his place is very popular, so popular that there is a bouncer at the door. In order to get in the bouncer tells you a number to which you need to respond with a number.If its the correct number he lets you in, if its not then he kicks you to the curb (figuratively, that is). 

The bouncer says to the first person in line "12" to which they replied "6" and were let in. 
The bouncer told the second person "6" to which they replied "3" and were let in.
The bouncer tells you "10". How do you reply to get let in?

9. Kristen lives in a crack house. She needed to make a purchase at a hardware store for her house. 
She asks one of the workers there "how much does one cost?" to which he replied "6 dollars". 
She then asks "how much does twelve cost?"
"12 dollars" said the worker.
Finally she says " Ok, I am going to purchase one hundred and forty four."
The workers replies "Your total comes to $18."
She hands him the money and leaves. What did she purchase?

so, 1 = $6  and 12 = 12$,  and the total amount is 144 = $18  (which can be simplified to 8 = $1

Sounds like she was buying the number 1, and two number 4s for a street address or something.  If "one" costs 6 bucks, then the two "fours" had to be 6 bucks a piece, thus the total costs was $18.

Answer:  She bought one number 1, and two number 4s.

so, 1 = $6  and 12 = 12$,  and the total amount is 144 = $18  (which can be simplified to 8 = $1

Sounds like she was buying the number 1, and two number 4s for a street address or something.  If "one" costs 6 bucks, then the two "fours" had to be 6 bucks a piece, thus the total costs was $18.

Answer:  She bought one number 1, and two number 4s.

Correct, but a bit late :)

1 costs 6$ cause there's only one number

12 costs 12$ cause there are 2 numbers

144 costs 18$ cause there are 3 numbers

10. Jonny owns the only Indian restaurant in town that doesn't give people horrible diarrhea. Because of this his place is very popular, so popular that there is a bouncer at the door. In order to get in the bouncer tells you a number to which you need to respond with a number.If its the correct number he lets you in, if its not then he kicks you to the curb (figuratively, that is). 

The bouncer says to the first person in line "12" to which they replied "6" and were let in. 

The bouncer told the second person "6" to which they replied "3" and were let in.

I want to say 5...but something tells me the QI buzzer will go off...

Edited by AscendantWyvern

I want to say 5...but something tells me the QI buzzer will go off...

What is QI? :)) 

And no, it's not 5. The answer is related to the number that the bouncer says, but it's not necessarily related to math.

Correct, but a bit late :)

yeah, i saw the question on the first apge and just responded to it, rather than look at the last response.

10. Jonny owns the only Indian restaurant in town that doesn't give people horrible diarrhea. Because of this his place is very popular, so popular that there is a bouncer at the door. In order to get in the bouncer tells you a number to which you need to respond with a number.  If it's the correct number, he lets you in, and if it's not ,then he kicks you to the curb (figuratively, that is). 

Typical fallancy says the answer is 5 but surely that can't be the answer lol

EDIT: 6

My reason is that, when the person is told 12, you take the number of numbers (in this case, its 2 since theres a 1 and a 2) and multiple it by 3.  thus, 6 is 1 number times 3, which equals 3.  And for 10, its 2 numbers times 3, equalling 6.

EDIT:EDIT:  Ok, i found the answer.  Im incorrect with the answer 6, but I won't spoil it.  Very nice indeed.

Edited by Law_Abiding_Engineer

What is QI? :)) 

And no, it's not 5. The answer is related to the number that the bouncer says, but it's not necessarily related to math.

Now that's a riddle for YOU!

Naw, it's a british comedy/educational panel show called "Quite Interesting", where they "discuss" interesting facts and predictably wrong answers deduct points with a buzzer (check this out

)

yeah, i saw the question on the first apge and just responded to it, rather than look at the last response.

Typical fallancy says the answer is 5 but surely that can't be the answer lol

EDIT: 6

My reason is that, when the person is told 12, you take the number of numbers (in this case, its 2 since theres a 1 and a 2) and multiple it by 3.  thus, 6 is 1 number times 3, which equals 3.  And for 10, its 2 numbers times 3, equalling 6.

EDIT:EDIT:  Ok, i found the answer.  Im incorrect with the answer 6, but I won't spoil it.  Very nice indeed.

Yes, 6 was incorrect. You can write the answer if you think you know it :)

*Qoute is glitchy*

Digits of 3 below the half number if the number equals a number beneath a 3... half of 10 is 5 so the answer is 3

Ermm.. what? Please, do explain. I find the.. theory interesting, but I can't understand it.

The correct answer is 3 indeed, but the reason is more simple.

Edited by cristimirt

Yes, 6 was incorrect. You can write the answer if you think you know it :)

Ermm.. what? Please, do explain. I find the.. theory interesting, but I can't understand it.

The correct answer is 3 indeed, but the reason is more simple.

Sorry for the mix up... Edited the qoute because it glitched on me...

half of 12 is 6, a Fraction of 3

half of 6 is 3, another Fraction of 3

half of 10 is 5, not a fraction of 3... but if you numb the number down, it goes to 3. Not rounding it up because that would contradict the answer.

Simple answer is, the other 2 answered a number that is a fraction of 3

half of 12 is 6, a Fraction of 3

half of 6 is 3, another Fraction of 3

half of 10 is 5, not a fraction of 3... but if you numb the number down, it goes to 3. Not rounding it up because that would contradict the answer.

Simple answer is, the other 2 answered a number that is a fraction of 3

Oo.. Interesting. Although you got to the correct answer, that's not the correct formula.

With the correct one, for 15 you would get 7, but with your formula you would get 5.

Oo.. Interesting. Although you got to the correct answer, that's not the correct formula.

With the correct one, for 15 you would get 7, but with your formula you would get 5.

No, that'd go like this

half of 15 is 7, numb down the number to 6 because it is the fraction of 3.

You numb the answer down to a fraction of what it'd be for 3.

Bummer I used the wrong formula... but still got answer right lol

Ok, Ill explain it.  You simply count the number of letters in the number that is said.  For twelve, its 6, and for six, its 3.  Thus, if asked ten, then you repsond with 3

Ahh, Clever.. wouldn't have thought of it that way >:P

No, that'd go like this

half of 15 is 7, numb down the number to 6 because it is the fraction of 3.

You numb the answer down to a fraction of what it'd be for 3.

Bummer I used the wrong formula... but still got answer right lol

Oo.. right, sorry. I don't know why I was thinking of something else at the moment :)

Ok, Ill explain it.  You simply count the number of letters in the number that is said.  For twelve, its 6, and for six, its 3.  Thus, if asked ten, then you repsond with 3

Yep, this is the correct answer. From the series of riddles, this was one that I didn't know the answer to and had to ask for help when I first found it.

11.I am the beginning of the end.

I am the end of time and space.
I surround every place.
What am I?

Yeah, for some reason, we don't have access to the full editing options. Unless you know how to use bb codes, you can't even post a picture or a simple link on this forums. Posting quotes is even harder. It took me half an hour to learn how to insert quotes with names and link into an existing post.

11.I am the beginning of the end.

I am the end of time and space.

I surround every place.

What am I?

Void

What space was before the universe was created

What it'd be when it'll be destroyed

Surrounds Earth and all the other planets

and would be the space between each asteroid.

Btw... when are you going to edit OP to show the newer people who answered correctly?

and as always, googling the answer and then posting it, is really cheap.

Googling the answer? I, good sir, am offended :L

I actually know the history of the Time and Space philosophy so answering a question like that is like making a newspaper lol

As for your riddle... I dunno what would be Snared if touched.