Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concepts By Xgryphus

xGryphus

In this thread I will place all my ideas for new warframes. I will always try to make them well-thought and original however - I'm terrible at balancing numbers that's why I will leave them blank.
As always feel free to share your thoughts and maybe together we will be able to create some new addition to our arsenals.

NAME: PHOTON

THEME: sun/light

ROLE: support

Inspired by power of the Sun, PHOTON is designed mainly for supportive role, although he possess a devastating attack in his arsenal.

SKILLS:

1) SHACKLE - binds single enemy in a prismatic cage, leaving him unable to move but not to attack.

DETAILS: instant, targeted; designed to keep ancients at distance or make boss easier to target or unable to use melee attack.

2) HALO - Photon radiates an aura of soothing light that will steadily regenerate health of every friendly target in area of effect.

DETAILS: channelled, point blank aoe; affects user, team mates, sentinels, cryopods and captives.

3) SPEED OF LIGHT - greatly increase attack rate of all nearby squad members for short amount of time.

DETAILS: instant, point blank aoe; increase fire rate, reload speed, attack speed and charge speed of user and all affected team mates.

4) SOLAR FLARE - Photon fires a wide ray of solar energy that damages and blinds every enemy in its path.

DETAILS: skillshot

NAME: GALE

THEME: wind, air

ROLE: glass cannon

Swift and agile, GALE influence air flows to archive extraordinary mobility and manipulate enemies.

SKILLS:

1) WIND BLAST - creates a rapid buffet that violently knocks back first enemy in its path.

DETAILS: collision skillshot; if affected enemy collides with wall he will receive bonus damage, if he collides with other enemy unit - both will receive damage.

2) GLIDE - Gale glides swiftly through the air.

DETAILS: user moves in direction of cross-hair, can traverse gaps or rise into air that way.

3) AERIAL SHIFT - Gale recives reduced damage and ignores unit collision for a short time.

4) HURRICANE - creates whirling tornado that travels in straight line and lifts any enemy close enough. At the end of its path whirlwind bursts, sending trapped enemies in random directions.

DETAILS: path ends at fixed distance or in collision with wall; any enemy that hits wall or celling at end of effect will receive additional damage.

NAME: LICH

THEME: death, decay

ROLE: debuff

Terrifying and powerful, LICH shreds molecular structure of his enemies and strikes fear into their hearts.

1) CORPSE EXPLOSION - marks single enemy. If target is killed while effect is active, it will explode damaging surrounding enemies.

DETAILS: targeted; damage can be calculated in one of three ways:
- fixed flat (a bit illogic while comparing size of crewman and ancient)

- percentage of targets maximum health (easily exploitable on ancients)

- based on health loss while effect is active (best one IMHO)

2) WITHER - reduces movement speed, melee damage and fire rate of single enemy for a shot amount of time.

3) PHOBIA - creates a blast of psychic energy that force all affected enemies to wonder aimlessly in fright.

DETAILS: point blank aoe

4) DEATH AND DECAY - Lich taints a patch of surface beneath him. Every enemy in that zone will have his armor and elemental resistances lowered and will loose a percentage of maximum health each second.

DETAILS: point blank aoe; armor/resistance debuff can be either flat or percentage; health loss would be caped on bosses.

Edited by xGryphus

im surprised i thought these would be some outrageous ideas but

nice work great brainstorming going on here , this is what the community needs some fresh ideas/suggestions rather than *@##$ing on why they hate everything single thing about DE

Edited by DiBBz

Thank you all for positive feedback.

A pity you don't have a founders account, as there was a thread in the creativity council asking for founders to design warframes that are going to be voted on this monday for future update ideas.

hobolyra as long as you leave credits feel free to post those ideas in council section of forum.

A pity you don't have a founders account, as there was a thread in the creativity council asking for founders to design warframes that are going to be voted on this monday for future update ideas.

Be right back, going to solicit myself for Design Council access.

Thank you all for positive feedback.

hobolyra as long as you leave credits feel free to post those ideas in council section of forum.

Sadly it's to late now- posting was locked friday and I saw this Sat. =/