Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passives?

MoyuTheTrinity

Excalibure has alittle more melee range 15% and damage 15%

Ember's Melee and guns shoot fire by defult but arnt augmented with damage.

^ Same with Volt but with electricity.

^Sorta like this with Trinity but can shoot and melee team mates to give them hp 1-1.

Rino has passive 25% Resistence and Deff to everything

Ash has passive auto mini crit on back shots and stabs for 1.5 damage.

Mag's bullets have a slight attraction to weak points and faces just ever so slightly.

Loki has a chance to daze enamys maybe 5% for 2 seconds.

Sounds good to me as long as this doesn't include downsides to the passives, such as Mag having less health, Trinity dealing less damage and such. I was talking with a friend about this just the other day that the Warframes should be more than just cosmetic changes and different skills. Things like Rhino having more armour or whatever, Excalibur dealing more melee damage and such does make sense.

I'm saying I like the idea behind it, but don't think it should just be permanently infused mods.

What do you suggest then?

How are ALL of your ideas good? Huh? Huh? TELL ME!

Heh, nonsense aside, they sound worthwhile. Something extra to tip one towards one Frame purchase over another. I was smiling as I read down this list - Since all of my old groups of hero teams (Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Biker Mice from Mars, Street Sharks, you name it) had members with defining, innate traits that made them unique individuals, so am I slanted and biased unto thinking this idea is buttered toast with a side of sweet corn!

Maybe on hitting max lvl you could choose another, more powerful (but specific) innate trait from a group of choices. Something that would further make your Frame feel like "your own flavor of badass"

Maybe 2 different sets of abilities and you can choose one ability from both. In the first set you've got 5 abilities that are unique to each warframe and in the second set you have 10 abilites that are the same for every warfame.

Except we already do have artifacts as passive abilites that are the same for every warframe.

Edited by Kaiku

Maybe 2 different sets of abilities and you can choose one ability from both. In the first set you've got 5 abilities that are unique to each warframe and in the second set you have 10 abilites that are the same for every warfame.

Except we already do have artifacts as for passive abilites that are the same for every warframe.

I like this idea.

Abilitys and the basic Skills would be cool.

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Damn it, my edit didn't go through. Ah well.

Was thinking something along the lines of boosting 1 or 2 abilities once hitting lvl 20 then 30.

Rough example

Loki

Upgrade Decoy - spawn multiple decoys (that are equipped with Latos that do a small amount of damage each shot?)

Upgrade Invisibility - causes all team members (in a radius?) to also go invis for half the amount of time.

Upgrade Swap - For a set amount of time (10-20 seconds maybe) after swapping positions with an enemy, Loki can re-activate the ability at no energy cost to swap back to his original position.

Upgrade Radial Disarm - affected enemies are forced to melee each other/go berserk and attack the nearest target in melee.

I do like the idea of giving each warframe a unique bonus to using it aside from just its abilities.

Rhino strikes me as a tank. Give it extra armor shield, higher melee knock down on weapons sword or larger

Ash increased melee damage and crit chance with melee weapons.

trinity passive 20 meter group health regen melee health vamp

excaliber bonus aoe to sword attacks passive slight energy recharge (20 meter group aoe effect?)

Ember all melee attacks bonus fire damage negates cyro shield loss in 10 meter radius

volt melee bonuc electric damage (i really don't know for this guy)

Loki cammo armor harder to hit at a distance? stun chance on melee attacks.

mag magnetic field slows incoming melee weapon speed reducing damage. increase pickup radius on all nearby warframes

I don't know i'm grasping at straws on a few of them Hoping it gives someone ideas.

Excalibure has alittle more melee range 15% and damage 15%

Ember's Melee and guns shoot fire by defult but arnt augmented with damage.

^ Same with Volt but with electricity.

^Sorta like this with Trinity but can shoot and melee team mates to give them hp 1-1.

Rino has passive 25% Resistence and Deff to everything

Ash has passive auto mini crit on back shots and stabs for 1.5 damage.

Mag's bullets have a slight attraction to weak points and faces just ever so slightly.

Loki has a chance to daze enamys maybe 5% for 2 seconds.

I think on top of that the different classes should also get mod boosts.

Say if you have a Rhino, on top of the class specific boost, a damage mod on a weapon that is normally 4% would get an extra amount.

a fire damage with ember would get a higher damage percentage

Excalibur could have higher % with firing rates.

etc.

Maybe even 1% increase with every level you go up with a warframe up til level 10

As in, level 1 = 1% increase, 2 = 2%, etc. up til level 10

I think something as (relatively) simple as different starting health, shield, and armor values would be great.

Ideally, you'd also give all Warframes different animations and movement characteristics. Probably even modify their melees and charge melees.

Excalibur might sprint faster and do lunges to get into range while doing melee attacks while moving, Ash might have a short-range teleport instead of a roll (like the N7 Slayer in ME3 MP) and have a short-range teleport on their melee if they're slightly out of range (meaning that it has a shorter melee 'range' than Excalibur but also more stealth/damage resistance/options when attacking from melee).

Rhino might have really powerful melees that ragdoll and knockdown enemies on charged hits even if the weapon normally doesn't do it (and if it does, it just does more) and a sprint that knocks enemies down if he runs into them.

Ember's melee attacks might light people on fire and her sprint might leave a fire trail to do moderate DoT against pursuers while her dodge may involve a sidewards leap while leaving an incendiary explosion in her previous position, while Mag's melees might draw in nearby enemies (like a weaker Pull) while her dodges might knockback nearby enemies. Trinity's might have a slight health leech effect on melee attacks and a bit of damage resistance when coming out of a dodge.

So on and so forth.

And beyond that you can have more class-specific passive effects to ammunition capacity, energy regeneration, weapons usage, and so on.

Excalibur gets bonus melee damage with swords only.

Volt gets a slightly increased movement speed and 1% stun chance on melee attacks.

Loki is harder to hit at long range.

Rhino has more armor and resistance to melee attacks.

Ash gets a backstab bonus and 1s stealth after successful dodges.

Trinity steals health with hits and transfers to nearby allies if she's full.

Ember burns enemies in melee and on contact, but only once per enemy for a short time.

Mag I have no idea about, but SOMETHING fancy with gravity.