The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkry Brings Nothing To A Team

Pride

DesecratedFlame, you sir, are just hilarious.

"Invulnerability and incredible mobility are useless."

Even the best players go down sometimes.  Hysteria gets them on their feet, safely, every time.  And then you joyfully go murdering things with your immunity to knockdown, damage, and incoming Ogris Missiles.

Granted, I think Valkyr needs a buff now that Excal's rework has raised the bar so high.

The truth is, Valkyr remains relevant and useful for everything except long, wave 30+ endless missions and 30+ minute survivals in T3/T4 difficulty, and even then, Paralyzing half the map, while never dying, makes life easier on everyone in your team, so she is STILL very very useful.

But her melee power does need to get a lot closer to Excal's wonderful new Exalted Blade.

Edited by EvilKam

Again, why are people still so impressed with Valkyr's solo invincibility when Trinity can make EVERYONE invincible?

Oh, and before you say anything about the gap between invincibility Trinity has, no, no skilled trin ever leave it open, we don't mess up blessing, so you might wanna get better Trin in your game next time.

Good Trinity can clear Exterminate/Invasion map faster than Saryn rush. Good Trinity can do both EV and Bless (why grab 2 for raid when you can have one that can do both?). Good Trinity can also fill in semi-CC role with castanas pureproc linkbombing. Good Trinity can clear wave 60 T4D by him/herself better than Mesa (with nullifier now though, need to have other people help drop the bubble)

Most people simply prefer Valkyr because she's easy "press one key" frame. I bet Trinity haters can't do EV / Bless / Link / Chat / Shoot / Watch skill timer / Move at the same time.

No, Valkyr doesnt bring anything to a team.

But is that really a bad thing?

Chroma is pretty similar. Chroma has basically 0 range on any of his abilities.

He and Valkyr are pretty much designed to not die so they can gun down / punch to death as many things as possible.

What they "bring" to a team is being able to scout ahead, solo big enemies with ease, and generally not have to worry about their shields/health.

And while no that isn't very helpful, it at least makes them hardy.

It means, for you on a team with them, thats one less frame you have to worry about since they wont be dying anytime soon.

Would it be nice if either of them got some sort of spammable CC? (chroma's effigy doesnt count since its stationary).

Sure.

But I wouldn't say they need it.

No they don't bring anything to "teamplay" really.

But they do their jobs as tanks/bruisers pretty damned well.

Just let them aggro and kill things.

The problem is that people aren't viewing Warframe as a game that is played, but rather as a farming enterprise where the only thing that matters is grinding for the latest trinket as efficiently as possible.  Actual gameplay is an afterthought to these people, so they don't care if the game is fun or challenging or interesting.  These people are joined by the infinite content lobby, as well as those who think that video games are a power fantasy where you win at the loadout screen and should be untouchable once you get endgame gear (or earlier.)  The combined result is that DE receives positive feedback for changes that are incredibly toxic for Warframe as a game, but are perhaps profitable due to the large portion of uninformed or agenda-driven feedback-givers.  I mean, what would you do if your playerbase constantly told you "we don't want this game to be fun," repeatedly, but were seemingly never satisfied with your changes?  

Edited by RealPandemonium

I mean, what would you do if your playerbase constantly told you "we don't want this game to be fun," repeatedly, but were seemingly never satisfied with your changes?  

Personally? I would shut the forums down and incinerate the contents, but that is just me.

When I see a Valkyr on the team, i immediately say 'Ok, that is the rezzer'. The one who can revive anyone who goes down without worrying about dying while under fire from EVERYTHING on the map. I for one am OVERJOYED when I see one appear in a Nightmare alert or mission because they do not die and make me revive them.

I'm sorry, I can't hear your talk about "melee scaling better than guns" over the sound of how wrong it is.

Untitled_zps6bgbonss.png

Gosh, staggering x4.5 damage achieved from mashing melee strikes more than 7,000 times. How scary. You might also wanna try playing for longer waves/time before saying melee and its buffs are so good in late-game.

BTW, while you're mashing your key, I'd already killed that level 95 mob in 1 second with my trusty gun (and maybe 2 others), and I can do it from the other side of the room.

I don't mind people using melee, but saying that it's the only sensible thing to use in this game/being strongest thing ever just irritates me.

I like your Ceramic Dagger. It completly nulls your point.

Try using a weapon youve actually put time and forma into, instead of the one you use to go fast.

Armor is useless to many frames because her buff is multiplicative rather than additive.  Doesn't it only increase melee attack speed?  If so then that is also worthless for most frames; guns are more efficient. Nova's skill gives you double damage against anything affected my MP and makes them explode on death; the slow down isn't the point. 

VALK BRINGS NOTHING USEFUL TO THE TEAM.

And agian, I like that you understand armor isnt all that great, but warcry STILL ADDS ATTACK SPEED THAT SCALES WITH HER POWER STRENGTH, AND A SLOW THAT SCALES WITH HER POWER STRENGTH. THAT CAN BE AS GOOD AS NOVAS MINUS THE DEBUFF M PRIME GIVES TO THINGS.

VALK ADDS PLENTY TO A TEAM.

And agian, I like that you understand armor isnt all that great, but warcry STILL ADDS ATTACK SPEED THAT SCALES WITH HER POWER STRENGTH, AND A SLOW THAT SCALES WITH HER POWER STRENGTH. THAT CAN BE AS GOOD AS NOVAS MINUS THE DEBUFF M PRIME GIVES TO THINGS.

She Doesn't. That's a melee attack speed buff. Melee is a waste of time, with the possible exception of Excalibur. The slow is unimportant. The slow is not even the point of Nova's skill; it's just a bonus. The Main benefit of Nova's skill is that it doubles all damage, including gun damage. I already said all this.

It doesn't matter is she adds "something" if that "something" is worthless. She brings nothing worth having to a team.  WHat's worse is that her Ultimate actually lowers her damage output and usefulness, and it is not even a toggle. Meaning, if she ever activates it, she is stuck in it for the full duration.

The particular player that you're responding to is only interested in streamlining the farming process as much as possible and is unconcerned with actual gameplay.  You won't get through to him with impassioned displays such as this post, but you can use his posts to highlight how cynical player feedback such as his can be very toxic to Warframe's well-being as a game.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Nothing? Lol.

Warcry is a decent slowing CC. Paralysis a cool short stun.

Warcry also explodes your melee speed, what works amazing with melee stances that offer variable effects. My favorite is TR with my Scindo p. Additional knockdown CC.

Not to mention the dmg absorb trough face-tanking.

Valkyr can't take a key-role since she is missing the range but she's a amazing addition to evry team. If you play her well that is.

Nothing? Lol.

Warcry is a decent slowing CC. Paralysis a cool short stun.

Warcry also explodes your melee speed, what works amazing with melee stances that offer variable effects. My favorite is TR with my Scindo p. Additional knockdown CC.

Not to mention the dmg absorb trough face-tanking.

Valkyr can't take a key-role since she is missing the range but she's a amazing addition to evry team. If you play her well that is.

Why melee anything when all enemies are CCed and you can just mow them down with the top-tier gun of your choice?  If Valkyr had a map-wide permastun the way other frames do then he probably would't have a problem with her.  

The particular player that you're responding to is only interested in streamlining the farming process as much as possible and is unconcerned with actual gameplay.  You won't get through to him with impassioned displays such as this post, but you can use his posts to highlight how cynical player feedback such as his can be very toxic to Warframe's well-being as a game.  

You sir officially made my day!

Warcry buff with an high duration and prolonged parlaysis? Are these not AWSOME enough? Also can Rez and rip line is just super fun man, ha ya just gotta play her everywhere and use diff builds as sated before a valkyr in the right hands can easily help out a team just all depends on several factors ya know?

-claps- we are now a hot topic off me trolling thanks guys. But since we are now on a top post lets get constructive. Hysteria could easily be reworked into a lower damage but immortal exalted blade eliminating 90% of the problems people have with it.the base of paralysis without augment needs to be more potent. Also eternal war augment should resonance the debuff as well as extend the team buff.also outside of conclave her 1 should scorpion hook enemies and downed allies.

Why melee anything when all enemies are CCed and you can just mow them down with the top-tier gun of your choice? If Valkyr had a map-wide permastun the way other frames do then he probably would't have a problem with her.

Cause heavy dmg + heavy CC? I rarely leave any match under 40% totall dmg.

-claps- we are now a hot topic off me trolling thanks guys. But since we are now on a top post lets get constructive. Hysteria could easily be reworked into a lower damage but immortal exalted blade eliminating 90% of the problems people have with it.the base of paralysis without augment needs to be more potent. Also eternal war augment should resonance the debuff as well as extend the team buff.also outside of conclave her 1 should scorpion hook enemies and downed allies.

For Eternal War, i'd love a generall slowing recast on evry kill. :>

I don't want to sound harsh or anything but I kinda wish DE would've never used the word "rework" or something like that. 

I've never seen the Forums so full of rework/nerf/buff threads. Suddenly any and every Frame isn't good enough anymore, doesn't scale too well into endgame or doesn't benefit the rest of the group. DE's looking at older/broken Frames and starts slowly changing them, they really don't need a hundred threads telling them the obvious. A lot of times it's just a question of having too much on their slate.

I mean I've seen things like nerf Mesa/nerf G-Mag which is somewhat understandable if you look at the whole grinding thing although this is a different topic but just yesterday things like "Nyx isn't good enough, rework her abilities" showed up... Really? 

A lot of the people don't like the Frames at all but get them anyways because their new and shinny (looking at you Ash) and demand a complete rework because they didn't like them in the first place. Which is ridiculous. Suddenly every Frame needs an Ult like Excalibur - where's the diversity in this?

And then there's this "the Frame doesn't contribute to the group" thing. Sure, Warframe mostly is a co-op game but we can't just give every Frame ridiculous CC or group buffs. I actually like the diversity in the different skill sets and I like that some Frames are more catered towards solo play or just dishing out damage. Being effective at dealing damage contributes to the group, much more so than people give it credit for: It doesn't matter if you disarm your enemies and slowly pick them off with your weapons or just straight up kill them in the first place. A kill is a kill. 

Note that I'm not talking about ridiculously long T4 survivals here but not every Frame needs to be able to do this as it's like 5% of the game if not less.

Not everyone needs to be good at everything, it's a game, it has to be fun, period.

Edited by (PS4)MikeCopa

Youre right goddamnit.

I want to have faith in this community though, despite it deciding to forget how to read sometimes.

An Eternal Valkyr is a great Warframe to be in a team due to the armour buff it provides and it can last for a really long time (forever if it weren't for those Nulli%&^s). Hysteria is useful as Valkyr can revive anyone with no problem (Unless there's a Nulli%&^ near by). In the end its all up to you, Tenno