Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fair Question Regarding Trade Bans

Coach-Aprax

I would assume this is a measure to try to negate account stealing and platinum theft.

The game auto flags trades like this, and when many of them occur, the player is banned pending investigation? 

It doesn't seem like the most appropriate way to handle this.

It's not. I have sent them proof about contests and more. Awaiting reply. I am furious.

It's not. I have sent them proof about contests and more. Awaiting reply. I am furious.

Next time we have to think twice before helping the community or making giveaways.And we had so big plans with that event and the Ash Prime giveaway.

Edited by Coach-Aprax

This is outrageous. There is nothing called fair trading in the first place since items for trade does not have predetermined value.

Use DotA 2 as an example, people always wants more value for their item. The same as Warframe. And the value is determined by a free player-based market and not controlled for company. Except one fact that Warframe has no community market to determine the value of an item.

For example, a person pay me 150 platinum for a Rhino Prime set. Most of people here wouldn't say it's fair, yes. But is it fair that they are really willing to pay 150 plat for Rhino Prime, and then later got banned for "unfair trading"? And is it my fault that I find a good deal?

I mean DE created the game and all, but they are not the one who controls the value of those items. 

DE worries about its profit because someone resells platinum, but has they consider small givesaway, did they consider people who have no international visa card and has to ask their friend to buy plat for them? In the end, the actual money flows to DE, so why forbidding people from buying platinum?

I fail to see any problem before the trade ban, and it should stay as it was.

Well unbalanced trade ban sounds like a way to prevent people from trading with their alt account. People can find a friend to play with him with his alt account. And when they get some good rewards like rare mods or rare prime parts he can trade back to his main acc for little to no cost.That way he can get double the reward with half the effort. I suggest you to check around the terms to see if there is anything relevant.

Well unbalanced trade ban sounds like a way to prevent people from trading with their alt account. People can find a friend to play with him with his alt account. And when they get some good rewards like rare mods or rare prime parts he can trade back to his main acc for little to no cost.That way he can get double the reward with half the effort. I suggest you to check around the terms to see if there is anything relevant.

That is far from what has happened.

es un poco injusto , yo les presto a los de mi clan siempre y terminare baneado por hacer algo bueno ?

I think nobody understands that, please use englisch. It will make things easier

Spanish is not my native language but i can translate what he said: 

This is unfair, i always give platinum to my clan mates, and i can get banned from doing something good? 

I do understand why they are doing this, kind of. It could have been someone with multiple accounts, buying plat with the 75% off and doing events again and again, to get more event mods, but they should be able to locate the IP address and see that the accounts' internet connection aren't within the same IP, or even state/country. I guess as long as you can prove, that it was a contest of some sort, or simply good will, you'll be good to go, but getting banned from trading because of suspesion, is kind of rough.

So I should get ban for multi-account bcs my brother is playing on the same IP? :O

I dont think this will last for Long, so much Players will " stand up" against this that they have to Change it back to normal, as it is in any other online game too. I´m curious if there is a game with that trade ban Thing, if some ones knows pls send a link :D

Trade ban exists in steam, but it is a game client not a game.

What bothers me about this is that it jeopardises people who help others... Basically if you give mods/parts to newbies or help your clan mates too much you risk a trade ban?

Hmm.

I second the bit about Reddit. This should somehow be brought there, for more visibility.

This is the last big contest/giveaway we made.A few of us collected but this buddy of mine gave the parts and the plat to the winners.We think this is the reason for his ´´unbalanced trades´´.And like I said, he didn´t make profit for himself.He/we helped people.
wRl1Zmh.jpg?1
JwQsrMg.jpg?1

Edited by Coach-Aprax