Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Vectis Prime's Two Bullet Mag Work

(PSN)WiiConquered

As it is right now, Vectis Prime's second bullet seems pointless to me. It takes longer to fire than just reloading and, because of Charged/Prime chamber, does less damage.

So here's a suggestion to encourage thoughtful use of the two bullet magazine: give Vectis Prime a .5 second fire time (so a 2.0 fire rate) instead of the 1.0 it has now. Why would this make a difference? Because now players are picking between speed and power with every reload decision. Thus reloading becomes a tactical choice, but not the obvious one. Heavy coming? Reload. Melee unit charging? Don't reload. First shot didn't kill? Don't reload. Really prefer reloading? Keep doing it!

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

I honestly don't see the problem with it. Complaints about damage while using Primed Chamber are mostly null since most people do not have it. Charged chamber damage isn't worth it to begin with. Chances are, they'll fix the 'reload cancel' that people have been utilizing anyway and it will no longer be an issue.

Ultimately the only difference is 50 more damage and a second bullet in the chamber.

That 1. Takes a mod slot and 2. Makes the second bullet only a tiny bit faster than just reloading, at a huge cost of damage.

It's also an essential Punch Through mod.... in a game where you face enemies behind other enemies all the time.

I honestly don't see the problem with it. Complaints about damage while using Primed Chamber are mostly null since most people do not have it. Charged chamber damage isn't worth it to begin with. Chances are, they'll fix the 'reload cancel' that people have been utilizing anyway and it will no longer be an issue.

Ultimately the only difference is 50 more damage and a second bullet in the chamber.

It's also an essential Punch Through mod.... in a game where you face enemies behind other enemies all the time.

You can think that about Charged Chamber if you like but it is wrong.   It is worth MORE than an elemental mod because it is +40% to the total damage, not +40% to base.  The same reason faction specific mods are stronger than they appear (though I don't bother using them for some reason).

If the choice is between 3 elemental mods or 2 elementals plus a charged chamber...guess which wins damage-wise?  

Fair point about Shred though, it is certainly handy though I don't know if I'd have room for it.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

As it is right now, Vectis Prime's second bullet seems pointless to me. It takes longer to fire than just reloading and, because of Charged/Prime chamber, does less damage.

So here's a suggestion to encourage thoughtful use of the two bullet magazine: give Vectis a .5 second fire rate instead of the 1.0 it has now.

So the solution for the primed version's problem is a nerf to the original? Trinity's dev team could take some pointers from you.

Ah, that makes more sense. But I don't think that would actually fix the problem because the issue with the Vectis Prime is the approximately 0.5 second delay before you can reload after the first shot. Knocking the reload itself down to 0.5 helps, but the total reload time would be 1 second, whereas the total reload time for the original Vectis is 0.9 seconds.

Ah, that makes more sense. But I don't think that would actually fix the problem because the issue with the Vectis Prime is the approximately 0.5 second delay before you can reload after the first shot. Knocking the reload itself down to 0.5 helps, but the total reload time would be 1 second, whereas the total reload time for the original Vectis is 0.9 seconds.

True that this would help. I'll edit my OP to better clarify between Vectis and Vectis Prime.

So you want to nerf it 1 day after release? It has 1.5 firerate that works FINE, just get used to it. Giving it 0.5 firerate would be a huge nerf and would be very counterproductive to what you're suggesting as you need to empty the clip before you can do a quick reload.

So you want to nerf it 1 day after release? It has 1.5 firerate that works FINE, just get used to it. Giving it 0.5 firerate would be a huge nerf and would be very counterproductive to what you're suggesting as you need to empty the clip before you can do a quick reload.

I had a mistake in wording. I really meant the fire time, so the fire rate would be doubled.

Just remove that second bullet and give it innate punch-through instead. I'd rather pierce 5 enemies in a line than shooting 2 individual guys.

I think there should be innate punch through anyway, even with this suggestion. That way you still get the options I've described.