The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Are Useless, So Why Have Them?

Razorfire

I've tried out the sentinels, and frankly, they have all the durability of a soap bubble in a sandstorm.

Enemies almost always seem to target them first, crowd dispersion doesn't work, or only goes off on latchers, Commanders seem to take some perverse glee in taking them out first. A crowd of enemies will almost always target them first all at once. I never know what the status of the sentinel's health, shields or power. They progress in rank VERY slow, thier weapons rank up faster than they do. 

Considering the blueprints are 100k creds, or 75 plat, you would think they'd be FAR more durable than they are.

So... why have them? Impulse buy? 

I can't count the number of times my Wyrm has restored my shields just enough to let me survive and nuke everyone.

Build some mods on them, that'll help a lot.  Also, upgrading Dispersion and Warrior will increase its range which makes it much more useful.

Shade's cloak is awesome.

Wyrm with elemental mods is great for tagging enemies that are charging you.

They soak up free damage.

GUARDIAN~

They look... well, not cool sadly :/

Don't forget to put mods on them or else they will be useless.

I'm under suspicion that my sentinel has more shields and health than me... Might be because they are small and mobs seem to have issues hitting them.

Even so, i agree. they aren't exactly durable, they level up slow as hell, they do little to no damage (3/shot, i believe), and there effects seem to rarely trigger. id recommend increases in durability, damage dealt, ability activation rate, mabye make higher levels of regen increase the number of times it can revive instead of health gained upon revival, and, most importantly, a sentinel stat bar under you warframe and weapon stat bar

Edited by ShadowHunter962

Wyrm is pretty durable, once leveled up. Shade still dies pretty fast, though.

Also, Wyrm with a frost mod is pretty handy. Pretty much nothing can get close to you without being slowed.

Edited by zagibu

Take the time to level them up. Once you level them up enough to get the mods on them, and increase the level of those mods it becomes extremely useful. Especially when you add dmg mods to the weaps (at least for wyrm)

Until you get them to have shield and health mods on, they will die frequently. Have patience yo.

I've tried out the sentinels, and frankly, they have all the durability of a soap bubble in a sandstorm.

Enemies almost always seem to target them first, crowd dispersion doesn't work, or only goes off on latchers, Commanders seem to take some perverse glee in taking them out first. A crowd of enemies will almost always target them first all at once. I never know what the status of the sentinel's health, shields or power. They progress in rank VERY slow, thier weapons rank up faster than they do. 

Considering the blueprints are 100k creds, or 75 plat, you would think they'd be FAR more durable than they are.

So... why have them? Impulse buy? 

well, if you give them elemental mods, they can apply a limited form of CC, or other abilities, like ghost, guardian etc

Wyrm is pretty durable, once leveled up. Shade still dies pretty fast, though.

Also, Wyrm with a frost mod is pretty handy. Pretty much nothing can get close to you without being slowed.

Only time I've had my shade die is when I play loki since mobs just shoot it non stop when you use invisibility :|

Even so, i agree. they aren't exactly durable, they level up slow as hell, they do little to no damage (3/shot, i believe), and there effects seem to rarely trigger. id recommend increases in durability, damage dealt, ability activation rate, mabye make higher levels of regen increase the number of times it can revive instead of health gained upon revival, and, most importantly, a sentinel stat bar under you warframe and weapon stat bar

Given the way it is set up, it appears as though in the future you'll be able to select different weapons for them, so I'd assume they just come with a starter weapon which could be swapped out later for something better.  If nothing else, just toss a freeze mod on it and watch everything wish it could melee you.

I just wish they were more useful as combat support, like an attack drone, which there damage and durability doesnt really allow. don't get me wrong, the utility abilities like guardian are damned useful, but still, some decent fire support would be nice.

Did you not read what I wrote?

Wyrm is very useful on any match, no matter what you're trying to do. Once he's fully ranked and such, running from things is so easy. Oh, hello there little charger, are you chasing me? Pewpewpew, eat some freeze/shock/fire/ap rounds and now you can crawl like a little baby. Mwahahaha. Don't even have to worry when running away from things. 

They aren't useless, they just look silly and kind of mess with the whole ninja badass aesthetic. They also hinder you when you go invisible and try and melee heavy enemies, because they use their AOE ground stomps to flatten your sentinel, which consequently flattens you also -_-

I quite like when shade gives me free stealth to revive a downed teammate right in the middle of a group of enemies

Or stealths you in the middle of your Sound Quake while against a stalker so you don't get stomped. XD

My Wyrm is a real bro.

With proper modding, he slows/stuns anything that can be slowed/stunned, restores my shields in a pinch, and although radial blast isn't amazing, I've seen the stagger work on staggerable foes more than few times.

I like him enough to purchase cosmetics for him, too.