Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited Loadouts?

RogatienMERC

Issue:  The linkage between mastery rank and number of loadouts is detrimental to player enjoyment while adding nothing significant to gameplay.

Explanation:  One of the most fun thing in Warframe is designing new loadouts - the perfect (or just fun and quirky) combination of warframe, primary, secondary, melee, companion, companion weapon. Let's admit it... one of the most fun parts of warframe is just sitting in your arsenal and building cool versions of action figures and going "Pew! Pew!" and loving the way things look and work together. The problem is, limited loadouts means that you can't save both your most useful solo loadouts for different mission types, fun different loadouts for each warframe, most useful loadouts for different roles in group play, etc.

Possible Solutions:

- Increase the number of loadouts available to new players (and gained per MR)

- Just allow us to purchase additional loadouts the same way we purchase weapon slots. This would allow for increased flexibility and fun.

- Provide an additional loadout slot for every warframe that is built (or potatoed - to prevent people spamming oberon builds to gain 100 loadouts).

Additional Benefits: Adding loadouts would also make it more convenient to use a greater variety of warframes and weapons, thus increasing diversity and replayability of the game. This also could pave the way for new and improved MR rewards (higher MR-requirements for new weapons, MR-linked emotes or other activities, etc).

Comments welcome.

Wouldn't gaining loadout slots per Warframe still be limited Loadout slots, and no problem is solved?

If you want to get rid of limited anything, you'd need to be able to get infinite of it.

Wouldn't linkage of loadouts and Warframes be detrimental to gameplay?

Why can't I have 9 loadouts of 3 sets of weapons and the same Warframe to combat all 3 factions?

Heck, why not 12 for all 4?

The solution to limited loadout slots wouldn't be to make the cap higher. That isn't a solution, that's a delay.

Wouldn't gaining loadout slots per Warframe still be limited Loadout slots, and no problem is solved?

If you want to get rid of limited anything, you'd need to be able to get infinite of it.

Wouldn't linkage of loadouts and Warframes be detrimental to gameplay?

Why can't I have 9 loadouts of 3 sets of weapons and the same Warframe to combat all 3 factions?

Heck, why not 12 for all 4?

The solution to limited loadout slots wouldn't be to make the cap higher. That isn't a solution, that's a delay.

It would be an improvement and a partial solution, but I basically agree with you. I just know there are sometimes issues with server space so "infinite" might not be an option.

Even so, Infinite without compensation or consequence is only asking for abuse.  I do think you should get loadouts via bought slots, either tied into bought WF or weapon slots, or its own buy at something like 4 slots per 10 or something.

While we're here, the UI for loadouts needs tweaked badly.  Even with ten loadouts you need to scroll at least twice to access all of them, meanwhile loading unnecessary assets (that's bad), could we at least get a dropdown menu for this?  Thanks.