The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Vs. Kubrows

(PSN)gino1313

We have both, but Kubrows are basically just the DPS lover's friend. So most people use kubrows because they just flat out kill faster. But sentinels have useful mods like enemy/loot radar, coolant leak, and others that make it easier for you to kill. So why not allow sentinels to have those and take them away from kubrows just to help balance that whole lot.

Sentinels already have the upper hand over kubrows by a long shot. Sentinels actually can kill faster than kubrows if you mod it like any regular weapon to it's fullest extent.

Not to mention they have guns and therefore can attack from range, and they don't require any maintenance or stasis recovery time. The only real disadvantage Sentinels seem to have is that they're pretty flimsy and can't be revived since they have no bleedout state.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Im not sure what the community on the PS4 is like, but I can promise you most people don't use kubrows

Kubrow attack speed is already fairly high since they attack something as soon as you do (depending on how you have your precepts placed). However, sentinels have ranged attacks

Additionally, kubrows basically now have all the equivalent mods sentinels have, only exception being the carrier's vacuum

In general, people don't use kubrows enough and do not want to invest in the many R10 mods for kubrows

Hopefully the new retriever type kubrow will change up the community to use kurbows more often, but that will ultimately depend on how effective the retriever ability is

koobs need more utility to be on par with sentinals... koobs might do great dmg but with there f*cked AI i rarely ever see them actually attack enything

koobs need a major boost in utility.. and to get there damn AI fixed...

Edited by BoneBreakerx

Personally, treat them as equipment for builds. Some builds I really like my Raska for, others I prefer my Carrier for. But honestly, I see them as more defensive utility than extra damage. And what frame I'm playing kind of determines what I really want to use. For some of my more fragile frames, like my AMA Nova, I like my Raska more. More frequent shield boosts and the fear helps keep me alive easier. My beefier or more defensive frames, I'm less worried about so I'll use Carrier. Though I decided to fool around with Sweeper Prime and actually modded it and I'm finding it pretty useful against melee range units, so that will probably help me with defense on Mesa since she can only defend against ranged attacks.

Really? Oh my b maybe buff kubrow attack speed then.

It's more to do with their AI than attack speed in my experience.

Edited by Ceryk