Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk About... Mag.

OkniolasPrime

Alright, all you "bring back gmag!" people, this is for you

3P0u5q4.jpg

And now, that out of the way...

BvVPj6Z.png

xbhVfbe.png

You really don't need to be a rocket scientist to notice, that is ALLOT OF DAMAGE.

"But Mag is only useful against corpus!!" And there I'l say WRONG. You know these guys? 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrupted_Crewman

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrupted_MOA

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Drone

You do? Great! You also know what these guys have in common? SHIELDS. And you know what those do? They explode, dealing AOE damage around the shielded enemy. And did I mention? The amount of shields SCALE with the enemy level, know what else scales? Mag's shield polarize.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo
Removed implied profanity

as a ex mag user, shield polarize is not that great (even with blind rage / transient fortitude / intensify. I think op is trying to start a flamewar but I could be wrong, regardless, here is my opinion about mag.

mag pull: I still miss the v2, the one that allow you to pull a single target (including a player). Now is a someone decent at grown control

shield polarize : could have the potential to save a cryopo but it only have 500 shield that will get shred fast, best corpus nuke ability (other warframe will beat her against other enemy), can save teammate in trouble if they are in gange

bullet attractor: once encourage teamwork in a coop game, until excalibur radial javelin was remake =/ )now Excalibur is fine as is) use to be one of the most hated ability because is possible to troll with boss that require a specific spot to aim. Glaive can still be use as a radial javelin replacement.

Crush :another corpus killer move in competition with shield polarize mix with a bit of pull CC, I rather save my energy and don't use this move unless I need a 360 area CC?

Edited by Ninjamander

as a ex mag user, shield polarize is not that great (even with blind rage / transient fortitude / intensify. I think op is trying to start a flamewar but I could be wrong, regardless, here is my opinion about mag.

mag pull: I still miss the v2, the one that allow you to pull a single target (including a player). Now is a someone decent at grown control

shield polarize : could have the potential to save a cryopo but it only have 500 shield that will get shred fast, best corpus nuke ability (other warframe will beat her against other enemy), can save teammate in trouble if they are in gange

bullet attractor: once encourage teamwork in a coop game, until excalibur radial javelin was remake =/ )now Excalibur is fine as is) use to be one of the most hated ability because is possible to troll with boss that require a specific spot to aim.

Crush :another corpus killer move in competition with shield polarize mix with a bit of pull CC, I rather save my energy and don't use this move unless I need a 360 area CC?

Flamewar? No no no no.

Pull: Yes, it is an great ability for cc

Shield polarize: Yes, a great corpus nuke(and void, one shielded enemy does the trick)

Bullet attractor: is surely little bit lackluster, but even it does have SOME uses.

Crush: Situational, but useful when you have no time to kill, the 360 knockdown is nice addition to the kit.

Infested and Grineer have no shields.

True, but, since most of the framing happens in the void, that is a small annoyance.

Flamebait thread detected. Please close.

Posting this on the thread has no effect, there is a "report" button in the post's for a reason, if you think the thread violates the forum rules or is otherwise inappropriate, the button is there for you to use.

I still believe mag need a rework because she do seem to be...lack-buster... but agree with op for one thing, she is not useless.

They actually did some rework on crush a few updates ago. Before, it was only one tick for damage. Now is 3 ticks and enemies that enter the range mid cast also get hit by crush.

wow 1 ability. its @(*()$ nothing

Ehh, one ability that deals more dmg than any other warframe...

And not every ability needs to deal damage, Mag's well balanced between utility and damage: Shield restore/ very strong directional CC, and then comes the scaling damage.

Edited by okinolas

Wow so stronk. Very deadly.

You're right. Mag is great at killing low level [shielded] enemies. Like... anyone else?

She's great at killing high level enemies that are nearby other high level shielded enemies, like nobody else.

She also restores everyone's shields when they're in range, pods included.

-snip-

Ehh, you're wrong there. 

let's take for example, a corrupted crewman of level 65 (as high as I could get it on simulacrum) has over 3000 shields (let's use that value for the sake of this) -cough- Alright. un-modded mag has 250.0% damage multiplier of enemy shields, so its really simple 3000x2.5 (100%=1) =7500

Thats not that impressive, alright, I get it. But, you know what, lets make it 710.0%.... 3000x7.1=21.300

So, there you go.

Okay for the sake of Clarity I'm going to let you in on a little secret here...

They Mean she's Useless to them because they already have other frames that can do everything she can do now... Her 1 special thing was removed.

Anything she can do there are other frames that can already do it... Mag has fallen into the "Mediocre at best" category and the only reason she's getting all this attention at the moment is because of the changes to her... Come back in a couple months time.

Also GPull and Mesa were never required for standing still...

Heres how you do it now without Moving more than 3 steps guys...

Nova, Saryn, Frost or Vauban, Nekros -> Find a little passagway with 2 doors -> Fortify with Frost or Vauban -> Spam Nova/Saryn -> Spam Nekros -> Carrier picks up everything at the doors or Vaubans Vortex sucks it all up.

We done 40 Waves with the greatest of Ease without Moving... Almost at all except to remove the XP debuff.

Inb4 "Nerf Passageways"... People Cried about GPull/Mesa here for nothing.

For Defense, Loki, Frost with Bubble Aug, Saryn, Nova (Replace Nova with something else if you like).

Loki Spams Disarm in 4 directions (Enemies now run to you), Frost Fortifies with a Massive bubble that freezes enemies, Saryn/Other Frame spam abilities.

Congrats, you are now doing Tower Defense without Moving.

(You can add Radioactive Disarm here for added Hilarity)

Mesa is only good for clearing out those first 20-25 waves quickly, you would've done it anyways... Its just quicker now, after that you still need a decent group to pwn Nullifiers & Bombards quick quick.

GPull was nice for Co-Op but certainly not required to complete missions while standing still.

Don't like Intercept unless I'm on an Archwing, people can do what they like there...

Favorite Game Mode was Excavation... Havnt tried it since they added the Survival Spawn to it.

Edited by Lickity-Split

I use my Mag Prime with Dragon Nikana. I feel like a Magneto that holds people still and KILLS THEM WITH SWORDS.

Wow so stronk. Very deadly.

doge.jpg

You're right. Mag is great at killing low level [shielded] enemies. Like... anyone else?

Wow. Much cute. So wow