Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polishing Loki

Ferriwind

Decoy - Return the invulnerability feature of Decoy and have it affect the same enemy only once or add a diminishing chance to aggro.

Invisibility - Make it drain energy with the drain increasing the longer you have the ability activated. Then add a 10 sec cooldown to the ability after deactivation.

Switch Teleport - Make it so enemies that get switch teleported take friendly fire for 3 secs.

Radial Disarm - Still don't like this ability.

radial disarm is pretty useful on outer terminus when im playing private games with my friends especially with frost or vauban hehe

and decoy for xini defence

True, Disarm is very useful in the right situations. Personally, it's not good enough to warrant spending 100 energy when all my other abilities are great and cost miniscule energy.

Giving diminishing returns to Decoy's aggro would help balance the exploit with Decoy and Infested not being able to reach it tho.

...Polishing Loki.

~~~ Oh, behave!

lmao

There is the [Energy Siphon] artifact for Energy Regen.

I Ranked loki quite easly dispite my friends complaining so much about his shield being low. I havent used him on the current update but as far as i know, all his skills are great and very useful.

Radial Disarm is great, even when used on heavy units such as the Grineer Napalm/Bombarment. You can even get Moas kicking with it. :P

I actually agree with the logic of this post.  While I acknowledge Loki is supposed to be a utility/deception class and not a straight dps class, it would be nice if his skills had some more damage capabilities but matched the intended gameplay style.

If I were to alter the suggestions here a little, I would say that decoy should simply force mobs in X radius of its location to attack it until it is dead.

I don't like the invisibility suggestion above.  The skill should stay as is EXCEPT THAT IT SHOULD EXTEND TO SENTINELS.

LOVE the suggestion on switch teleport.  This skill should not only confuse the mob targeted but also the mobs that were just shooting at you AND the mobs where you land.  IMO, it should also take about 3 seconds for the mobs at your new location to realize that you just swapped spots with their teammate.  Right now, this recognition is basically immediate in both cases.

I get why people say radial disarm actually has more benefit in the higher levels.  But doesn't this just underscore how this skill isn't scaling the same as other AOEs?  If dps AOEs are massively useful in lower missions and becomes less useful in higher ones, and radial disarm is the opposite - that means there is a scaling problem.  Good scaling is when all skills have different uses but relatively equal usefulness/effect at all levels of game play...

The other part that needs to be fixed here is that radial disarm needs to have SOME effect on infected.  Right now it is basically useless on infected missions.  My suggestion - it should make runners instantly explode, chargers and other dogs should lose their front limbs and basically become immobile but still able to do damage at melee range, all others, including ancients loose their arms - this would mean ancients would no longer be able to impale and knock down people with that weird tentacle thing.  This seems to be a more synonymous effect to other factions where even mini-bosses like fusion moas and grineer commanders lose there weapons and have their damage nerfed by the skill.

Edited by Mad5cout

Loki is the best for me....

Against lvl 100 grineer / heavy grineer or moas / shockwave, railgun, fusion moa what would you chose? radial disarm, avalanche, miasma, world on fire, radial javelin, vortex, crush, or other ultimate ability? Just think about it, only radial disarm makes the difference.... And radial disarm can also harm infested chargers !

Decoy, helps against laser doors, crowd control.

Invisibility helps with... for @(*()$ sakes its invisibility it helps in any scenario...

Switch teleport shapes the battlefield.

Loki is the best for me, nuff said...

I just got Loki and I have a suggestion I don't see much need for decoy when instead I can just go invisible. What if you could target an enemy and put an Illusion around them so that they become a target for their friendlys That could work in reverse to switching a teammate to look like an enemy. Besides that and the radial disarm doing nothing to infested and switch teleport seeming kind of pointless, again I can go invis and escape or sneak up. It is not like I am going to rescue a player from a bad situation because then it would put me in that situation and without a go OP attack I will be worse off then they are. Loki is pretty much the only real ninja and the only one with a shot at staying undetected so he is still fine without real offensive attacks but the do need some polish. 

@BiancaPony: Energy Siphon doesn't really help that much. There's still a massive energy starvation problem. When I say energy regen, I'm talking about 7-10 per second after a 3-5 second delay. This would allow players to experiment with agressive use of powers instead of sitting around saving them for an encounter which may or may not happen. Frames and powers are what make Warframe truly unique, and it's kinda disappointing when they are used so sparingly due to energy starvation.

This would also fix the complaint of frames only having one or two "useful" abilities. Energy regen at a respectable rate would allow powers to be used without so much reservation. You also wouldn't have players spamming one ability an ignoring the others. When you actually have enough energy to not play Warframe like a random TPS, it truly shines... Sadly, that is not very often in my experience.

I just got Loki and I have a suggestion I don't see much need for decoy when instead I can just go invisible. What if you could target an enemy and put an Illusion around them so that they become a target for their friendlys That could work in reverse to switching a teammate to look like an enemy. Besides that and the radial disarm doing nothing to infested and switch teleport seeming kind of pointless, again I can go invis and escape or sneak up. It is not like I am going to rescue a player from a bad situation because then it would put me in that situation and without a go OP attack I will be worse off then they are. Loki is pretty much the only real ninja and the only one with a shot at staying undetected so he is still fine without real offensive attacks but the do need some polish. 

If you don't see a need for decoy, you just aren't using switch teleport right.

I started with loki, and have only played him thus far. The only qualm I have about the Kit is the ultimate. I have modded to increase his maximum energy, since I like to cast a lot. I don't view it as an issue, just requires modding (every Warframe should have their preferred mods, so this doesn't bother me in the slightest). 

His ultimate to me, feels better against Infested, than any other race, which is Ironic, considering it's supposed to be a disarm, just outright dealing damage almost feels better, to help himself get out of trouble when he's surrounded, since casting a clone can be tricky if someone (or something) wanders in front of the cursor, and makes it land right next to you instead, mid-cast. I have a friend that I duo with often, who plays the Mag, and I do like the combination of the Disarm, leading into a clone to bait them all into one place, and then the Mag ult to clean up, but it's incredibly situational.

@Sumnus: Interesting... I find it most effective at debuffing Grineer heavies. That being said, it is fun to literally dis-arm Infested. My personal favorite combo is Invisibility+Radial Disarm in the middle of a squad... They're dead by the time they figure out they'll need to bring out a baton.

Disarm + chaos = street superbrawl - priceless. Though sometimes when you use disarm you get knocked down next second and get a few stunbatons where the sun doesnt shine... Fun.

Even though this ability might not be as effective as other frames abilities, its still very enjoyable and Loki has 3 nice/interesting abilities, where other classes get 1-2 very good and rest meh.

Edited by Vesper11

Yes, Loki is one of the strongest late game warframe. He's not as great as other warframes in defense since he got the Decoy nerf. (health added to decoy) But he's very much a top tier late game warframe in every other type of mission. Since most damage comes from your weapons + mods and Loki is designed around "controlling" enemies.

Even if he had one ability of Invisibility, he would still be a top tier warframe.... as long as you can spam Invisibility, gameplay will be unintuitive.

I think with his Decoy only aggroing the same enemy once, but being invulnerable to damage would make gameplay more strategic and less cheesy while keeping the skill's usefulness in high levels. The aggro range is pretty good. The duration could be a bit less, but we have Snow Globe and DE said they weren't going to touch Frost so idk about that.

Edited by Stygi

Well invisibility right now is effed up because it basically is a rape my sentinel button.

However, I am happy to say I tested radial disarm in Xini today and I think they fixed this for infested.  It does little to nothing to runners, leapers, and ancients but from what I could tell it practically instantly kills most chargers and other doggies.  This at least thins out the horde, killing their fastest runners, giving you some chance at survival and giving you some level of utility in infested missions.  Bravo on that one developers!

Invisibility is fine as it is... I fail to see why any of Loki's powers are in need of change. They're all useful and efficient.

I have problem with Radial Disarm, because this skill is kinda negating itself. First of all, it's useless on Infested. Yes, I know that it kills chargers and after last update it even kills them with 1 use on Xini. However, since when chargers were a problem. I hate runners, they are so annoying, even toxics aren't so annoying. But it does nothing to runners. Now to folks who are actually affected by it. I currently have maxed RD and Stretch on +37,5%. And seriously, generally it's just better to throw decoy behind some rock and shoot. It has range of banshee's SQ and with Loki's speed it's more efficient in any way except time to simply shoot stuff with gun. It's fun to disarm ~20 grineer, throw decoy, watch them gather and smack all of them with my Fragor (really need to get hands on that reach mod). And I spam it a lot, because it gives me little more control of whats going on. But for 100 energy I would like to see something more.