Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Still Worth The Forma ?

Speedyjyx

The go to weapons for nuking everything are the Amprex and Atomos, but what build are you using on the Tonkor?

Well, not probably his per se, but a crit build with critical delay works wonders with this thing.. heavy cal maybe with 2 raw element mods. Add in a 253% STR build with mirage and let the 504% damage increase in light take you to heaven...

brb need to clean up all this slobber from salivating.

The go to weapons for nuking everything are the Amprex and Atomos, but what build are you using on the Tonkor?

My build:

Serration

Split Chamber

Vital Sense

Point Strike

Firestorm (depends on player preference)

3 Elements

The blast from the Tonkor has a pretty good radius, but I like having that extra radius, so that why I'd consider it more of a player preference than a staple mod. You could always drop that for another element for more damage. In super late game that's what I tend to do, but otherwise I use Firestorm. I wouldn't recommend Heavy Caliber, because the accuracy loss is big on this weapon.

I'm not fond of the Amprex and Atomos, they're just not exciting. I'm guaranteed to smile at some point while using the Tonkor (flying bodies are much more entertaining than lasers). My build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tonkor/t_30_23002002_128-3-3-132-0-5-137-4-10-140-6-5-148-5-5-159-7-5-265-2-3-451-1-5_132-8-451-6-265-7-128-7-137-7-148-9-140-9-159-5/en/2-0-70

Edited by Ailith

I'm not fond of the Amprex and Atomos, they're just not exciting. I'm guaranteed to smile at some point while using the Tonkor (flying bodies are much more entertaining than lasers). My build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tonkor/t_30_23002002_128-3-3-132-0-5-137-4-10-140-6-5-148-5-5-159-7-5-265-2-3-451-1-5_132-8-451-6-265-7-128-7-137-7-148-9-140-9-159-5/en/2-0-70

I have my atomos setup with blast damage, so I still get the bodies flying. It's just satisfying to pull trigger once and see everything in a room burn.

One day, some guys were in need of Hydro parts. I said "Ok, let me get my Loki and Tonkor built with corrosive, I can kill Hek on the Terra Frame phase without letting him leave the spot he mounts it..."

Nobody believed me then, 'til we got there, and with two grenades, Hek was wrecked... It is like this pretty much everywhere. Put forma in it, you will never use another launcher.

Edit - Also, a grenade launcher that crits?? This is just too good not to invest into...

PS - 500 posts!

Edited by nmuaddib

I use the following Tonkor build which will kill just fine at 1 hour into endless missions:

Serration

Split Chamber

Heavy Caliber (max level)

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Firestorm

Magazine Warp

Primed Fast Hands

That's 3 utility mods, and no elemental mods. So imagine what you can do without all that utility.