Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headshots Broken?

AluminumHaste

I really can't get over how horrible head shot detection is. Even when Corpus are shock stunned, and I'm 10 feet away shooting them 20 times in the head. I finished that round with 81 kills.......1 head shot..................ONE HEAD SHOT.

Every shot I make is a head shot. Is it because they have shields and the shot that kills them just happens to not be a head shot?

Using the standard MK1 rifle with 66% accuracy btw.

Is the head shot detection bounding box like 1 cubic inch? Do I have to shoot them in the face? Do Corpus not have heads?

If that's the case then what has a "head"?

I really can't get over how horrible head shot detection is. Even when Corpus are shock stunned, and I'm 10 feet away shooting them 20 times in the head. I finished that round with 81 kills.......1 head shot..................ONE HEAD SHOT.

Every shot I make is a head shot. Is it because they have shields and the shot that kills them just happens to not be a head shot?

Using the standard MK1 rifle with 66% accuracy btw.

Is the head shot detection bounding box like 1 cubic inch? Do I have to shoot them in the face? Do Corpus not have heads?

If that's the case then what has a "head"?

What other people are saying... those boxes on their heads aren't cosmetic, they are armor. Shooting them in the head if you don't have armor piercing is futile. Be sure to load up your weapon on AP if you want to headshot them, otherwise just aim for the chest. The scoreboard is notoriously always off, so judge whether you are getting headshots by whether or not they are losing massive amounts of heath with each hit... either by paying attention to the numbers popping out of their head when you hit them or by just watching how much their health drops. You will know though, if you are getting headshots with maxed out AP they should be dropped instantly with most guns at most levels.

Edited by Emotitron

I think that scoreboard is bugged in general. I have had it tell me I did 0% damage. I am quite certain I jump kicked at least ONE person in the face that mission.

or that you dealt 3% of the damage with 3x the number of kills your friend got :P

Even in the event he did have AP on, alternate damage types seem to not trigger headshot counters.

hm, I haven't noticed that.

On a serious note though I was actually on Banshee spamming sound quake so that's what gave me a WTF face.

I killed phorid (mostly, like 90% of the damage) and then most of the infested on the way out (as rhino, friend was loki I think), so DE could take a look at the stats and see what's going on. (although this is a VERY VERY minor bug obviously)

Is it supposed to show yellow numbers when you get headshots or do weakpoint damage in general? Or are those crits?

Yellow damage is crits. Red damage is doublecrits.

There is no indication that you're hitting the weakpoint other than higher damage output. Regardless, just apply the universal rule: Aim for the head. Omitting Dead Space, that is.

I think that scoreboard is bugged in general. I have had it tell me I did 0% damage. I am quite certain I jump kicked at least ONE person in the face that mission.

So you rushed the game without killing anyone?i do that somethimes

Okay I switched to my offhand and got 28 head shots. Even though when I got a head shot it was doing 100 dmg, which I lost count at over 50. They weren't yellow either, just blue floating text saying 100. Scoreboard says like 58 kills, 28 head shots. Yet I was getting like 5 headshots per kill on the sniper guys.

The scoreboard in general is pretty bugged. I've soloed an Exterminate mission for about 120 enemies, and the scoreboard said I only killed 80.

Also, as far as the bonus objective and the scoreboard's headshot counters go, it only counts if the finishing shot was a headshot. I guess to prevent people from jacking up their score by scoring headshots with the Twin Vipers at point blank range or something.