Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Part 2 Of De's Awesome Parkour Moves 2.0 Work, What Do You Think?

Rayzenfloss

It's never good enough for the Warframe community, is it?

1 week ago:

"Parkour 2.0 looks too slow! I want coptering! I want to be able to fly across the map instantly! Anything else is too slow!"

Yesterday:

I think it's too much.

Once again, mobility abilities are made obsolete.

I mean, look at that! it's like every frame in the game can use Tail Wind!

It's not Parkour anymore, we're back to flying across entire tiles in one jump

1 week ago:

"Parkour 2.0 looks too slow! I want coptering! I want to be able to fly across the map instantly! Anything else is too slow!"

Yesterday:

I know, right ??!!

I think it's just humans being unable to accept something new. Humans are afraight of new things.

Edited by CruelMaiden

I'm not really a fan of what I'm seeing thus far. Wall... Jumping? It looks awkward to me where as wall running looked significantly more natural. The bullet-gliding thing strikes me as odd, like Tenno can manipulate physics at their will. Can't say I'm a big fan of what I've seen so far, but if they remove stamina to do it I imagine I'll still be happy. 

I think the Bullet Jump and Bullet Gliding are ok for Warframe. It struck me as odd that we were wearing these highly advanced Orokin exoskeletons that siphoned our void magic radiation but didn't give us any special mobility.

Wall jumping does look a bit awkward but i can overlook it.

Theyyyyy shooouuuulld toooooone dooown theeee aiiiiir gliiiide effffffeeeeeeect.

It looooooks toooooo flllloooooaaatyyyyyyyyy....

It's just 4 seconds of more hang time while zooming in as you fall i think. It shouldn't be a problem in game and opens another play-style path for some players i would say.

Edited by EmptyDevil

We have coptering.

Ew coptering. It didn't make sense at all from any explanation, even if i wanted to say Void space magic. Weapon dependent and faster weapon/lightest weapon flings you farther? It is like fast speed weapons have built in rockets. It would have made better sense if Jat Kittag flung you, since it's top heavy.

1 week ago:

Yesterday:

Generalization much?

You are considering one person's opinion as the representation of a whole community.

(not even considering the community can have multiple voices, all shouting at once)

Personally (<----that's MY opinion), I was fine with just getting rid of coptering, and slowing down the pace of the game a bit:

Slower, but more precise and varied mobility.

After all, we do have infinite sprinting in exchange. 

Problem is when a Frost tries to chase down a max speed Loki: I understand there should be ways for slower frames to close the gap, but I also think there are limits to what any frame should be able to do. 

Mobility abilities are here for a reason, and the frames who have them should have, intrinsically, a mobility advantage over frames that don't.

Otherwise you end up with frames with abilities they don't use, because they don't have to (which basically means those abilities are useless)

Which was one of my grips with coptering.

But, you know, that's just my opinion...

Generalization much?

You are considering one person's opinion as the representation of a whole community.

(not even considering the community can have multiple voices, all shouting at once)

Personally (<----that's MY opinion), I was fine with just getting rid of coptering, and slowing down the pace of the game a bit:

Slower, but more precise and varied mobility.

After all, we do have infinite sprinting in exchange. 

Problem is when a Frost tries to chase down a max speed Loki: I understand there should be ways for slower frames to close the gap, but I also think there are limits to what any frame should be able to do. 

Mobility abilities are here for a reason, and the frames who have them should have, intrinsically, a mobility advantage over frames that don't.

Otherwise you end up with frames with abilities they don't use, because they don't have to (which basically means those abilities are useless)

Which was one of my grips with coptering.

But, you know, that's just my opinion...

He says Warframe Community.

He is not referring to just one person.

And his assumption still applies: It is really damn hard to please the Warframe community.

At first ppl complain, coptering is gone -> slower movement -> parcour 2.0 sucks

now we get something similar to coptering but more reasonable and less of a glitch:

"This is just like coptering" "this is not a @(*()$ superman game" "now every other movement is useless" -> parcour 2.0 sucks.

(not even considering that you *can* build up momentum using wallrunning.)

So even when we get what both fractions want, it still wont please the community.

No matter what DE does. Warframe Community is indeed hard to please.

Honestly, what would you do?

coptering can't stay. (it's a glitch and it's not very reasonable. bullet jump is more reasonable, because we actually use Warframes.. muscle enhancing suits.)

so.. remove coptering and improve parcour.

-> less speed

how do you fix the speed problem?

you can't just make running on a wall be 4x faster than running on the floor. thats silly!

so flinging from walls, to build momentum and bullet jumps are to way to go.

bulletjump doesn't make the whole parcour system obsolete though.

You can just combine both :O MIND BLOWN

YB0OQAu.gif

Edited by CruelMaiden

Like so many ppl atm use wall-slinging combined with copter/air-melee to go through the room.

Oh wait, they don't, they just use copter/air-melee.

That's why I'm still very sceptic about this bulletjump feature: so much mobility of its own that it makes using anything else useless in comparaison.

Edited by Thelonious

For the most part I have just seen people talking about the idea of gaining momentum as just that, an idea. Now I have seen a few people act as if it is a forgone conclusion. Outside of the vids I don't see where people are getting this information. It could just be that you have a burst of speed when starting an action that quickly fades. I see no reasons to believe you are actually gaining momentum that stacks. This feels like a rumor that is starting to get bigger and bigger. As it echoes back and forth on these forums people are starting to believe it to be fact.

I mentioned the possibility of a momentum system a few pages ago and think it would be a great way to make the new system viable as a method for quickly running through a mission.

He says Warframe Community.

He is not referring to just one person.

And his assumption still applies: It is really damn hard to please the Warframe community.

At first ppl complain, coptering is gone -> slower movement -> parcour 2.0 sucks

now we get something similar to coptering but more reasonable and less of a glitch:

"This is just like coptering" "this is not a @(*()$ superman game" "now every other movement is useless" -> parcour 2.0 sucks.

So even when we get what both fractions want, it still wont please the community.

No matter what DE does. Warframe Community is indeed hard to please.

Honestly, what would you do?

coptering can't stay. (it's a glitch and it's not very reasonable. bullet jump is more reasonable, because we actually use Warframes.. muscle enhancing suits.)

so.. remove coptering and improve parcour.

-> less speed

how do you fix the speed problem?

you can't just make running on a wall be 4x faster than running on the floor. thats silly!

so flinging from walls, to build momentum and bullet jumps are to way to go.

YB0OQAu.gif

It's just like whenever anything controversial happens in any regular society, people rant and riot about it for 2 weeks and then move onto something else when it loses popularity. Same thing happened to the other major gameplay modules (melee 2.0, damage 2.0), same thing will happen to parkour 2.0 after several weeks. It'll take heat, hate and haberdashery for a short time and then come to be absorbed into the meta or until something else happens to grab everyone's attention and we all move on.

Everything'll work out in the end though.

ffc.gif

Like so many ppl atm use wall-slinging combined with copter/air-melee to go through the room.

That's why I'm still very sceptic about this bulletjump feature: so much mobility of its own that it makes using anything else useless in comparaison.

Bullet Jump isn't anywhere near as bad as coptering. It doesn't really overshadow anything.

http://gfycat.com/TemptingAmusedBarnswallow

http://gfycat.com/LavishAnxiousHorsechestnutleafminer

*facepalm*

You can't compare the current wall-slinging (wich is technically a glitch) with the new wall "running"-mechanics in parcour 2.0.

the old one is really hard to do "on the fly" (no pun intended) and not doable on many surfaces..

The new wall "hopping" will be doable even on a small barrel or well even on an enemy. 

So it's a lot easier to do and it is doable anywhere.

So YES it can easily be combined with other movement methods. Not like the current one.

Edited by CruelMaiden

Bullet Jump isn't anywhere near as bad as coptering. It doesn't really overshadow anything.

http://gfycat.com/TemptingAmusedBarnswallow

http://gfycat.com/LavishAnxiousHorsechestnutleafminer

I don't want to be rude, but Rebecca isn't very good at this.

Whereas when I look at the OP gifs, I see stuffs that only a Zephyr could do atm.

That's why so many ppl are mentionning Zephyr in this thread.

*facepalm*

You can't compare the current wall-slinging (wich is technically a glitch) with the new wall "running"-mechanics in parcour 2.0.

the old one is really hard to do "on the fly" (no pun intended) and not doable on many surfaces..

The new wall "hopping" will be doable even on a small barrel or well even on an enemy. 

So it's a lot easier to do and it is doable anywhere.

So YES it can easily be combined with other movement methods. Not like the current one.

(Personally I can easily do wall-slinging from a crate or even a lamp post, there's a particular gap in the grineer galeon tileset that's very good for training)

So Parkour 2.0 doesn't change anything, it just makes it easier to perform.

Mobility abilites are still secondary, and being able to rush entire tiles in one jump is established.

I guess I expected more than that from DE, silly me. Some change.

Nothing much to see here, then.

Moving on.

I don't want to be rude, but Rebecca isn't very good at this.

Whereas when I look at the OP gifs, I see stuffs that only a Zephyr could do atm.

That's why so many ppl are mentionning Zephyr in this thread.

What does her being good or not have to do with anything though? Weren't you implying that Bullet Jump does what coptering is doing to everything else, in your post to CruelMaiden? Those gifs were an example of Rebecca using a mix of wall hoping, Bullet Jumping, and air melee all together.

Nothing is overshadowing Zephyr at all. Her Tailwind flies a lot farther and faster than the new system. Aim Glide isn't overshadowing her either since she is still going to be the only frame with the highest reduced gravity. Where others only get 4 secs of hang time while doing it, she will probably have around twice that.

-snip-

I guess I expected more than that from DE, silly me. Some change.

Nothing much to see here, then.

Moving on.

You didn't even test it yourself yet, you judge from a few short clips.

I can't help it but this makes me really angry, How can a single person be so narrow minded and ignorant?!

(i don't expect an answer and i'm done here.)

Edited by CruelMaiden