Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Part 2 Of De's Awesome Parkour Moves 2.0 Work, What Do You Think?

Rayzenfloss

How is this any different from directional melee? Ohh, the slow down? I seriously do not want that bullet time while aiming in air.

I think it's funny that Parkour 2.0 is just DE giving us a way to ignore all obstacles on the ground that we might use for ACTUAL parkour. Running from one wall to the next to get up to the ledge and avoid the chasm below? Naw, just super jump past the gap. Jump between two walls close to each other over and over to get to a high place? Naw, just jump straight to the top.

These are problems we already had with coptering and directional melee, Parkour 2.0 fixes nothing. It will only slow down game play because bullet jump doesn't hold a candle to coptering.

Edited by Lowsodium

How is this any different from directional melee? Ohh, the slow down? I seriously do not want that bullet time while aiming in air.

I think it's funny that Parkour 2.0 is just DE giving us a way to ignore all obstacles on the ground that we might use for ACTUAL parkour. Running from one wall to the next to get up to the ledge and avoid the chasm below? Naw, just super jump past the gap. Jump between two walls close to each other over and over to get to a high place? Naw, just jump straight to the top.

These are problems we already had with coptering and directional melee, Parkour 2.0 fixes nothing. It will only slow down game play because bullet jump doesn't hold a candle to coptering.

http://gfycat.com/LoneClutteredCranefly

Oh look, there's more than one way to get to the same spot. Who know

/s

But in other news, more postings.

http://gfycat.com/LavishAnxiousHorsechestnutleafminer

http://gfycat.com/SnoopyWarmBrownbutterfly

http://gfycat.com/TemptingAmusedBarnswallow

Bullet jump will probably replace coptering as well as Air melee for our burst speed. Walls and enemies will probably be platforms to gain speed off.

http://gfycat.com/LoneClutteredCranefly

Oh look, there's more than one way to get to the same spot. Who know

/s

But in other news, more postings.

http://gfycat.com/LavishAnxiousHorsechestnutleafminer

http://gfycat.com/SnoopyWarmBrownbutterfly

http://gfycat.com/TemptingAmusedBarnswallow

Bullet jump will probably replace coptering as well as Air melee for our burst speed. Walls and enemies will probably be platforms to gain speed off.

How stupid do you think I am that I didn't see that exact same thing posted in the OPs post? Do you think I have ADD? Also, don't make assumptions about the features. I see NOTHING in the vids that suggest we gain speed by jumping off of a wall.

For the first vid, the same things can be done with directional melee and has excessive movements(wall hopping instead of just jumping straight onto the ledge.)

The last 3 are slow directionless jumping and sliding.

I could also make a video of myself jumping around taking unnecessary and showy flips/jump to get from point A to point B using the CURRENT system. But it doesn't change the fact that it's nothing but frilly dressing to hide the fact that nothing has actually changed. People are going to treat this new system exactly like the directional melee is now.

Parkour 2.0 doesn't change the fact that most tiles do not facilitate or reward the use of the movement system at all. It doesn't change the fact that exploring the maps is mostly pointless and does nothing but slow down game play. It doesn't change the fact that too many missions are too long, repetitive, and devoid of features. The Corpus frozen tile sets are some of the worst examples of this. Lots of long straight featureless circular caverns or wide flat snow fields.

Now, if part of the system was a momentum feature where we gain speed by chaining our movement together nonstop, they might be on to something. But I doubt DE will do something like that. The only way I see the new system working to make the game faster or funner is if people find a way to achieve speeds comparable to coptering by way of some bug that was missed because DE doesn't fully test their content.

Edited by Lowsodium

Goodbye clunky jumps and vaults:

246750.gif

Can't stop looking at the little teapot in the back.

Anyway, parkour 2.0 seems to be more codifying coptering and air melee into actual features while separating their function from melee weapons. Not actually all that revolutionary, but it looks very fluid and enjoyable.

Feels like a long time since 'Look, you can hang from ropes now!'.

How stupid do you think I am that I didn't see that exact same thing posted in the OPs post? Do you think I have ADD? Also, don't make assumptions about the features. I see NOTHING in the vids that suggest we gain speed by jumping off of a wall.

For the first vid, the same things can be done with directional melee and has excessive movements(wall hopping instead of just jumping straight onto the ledge.)

The last 3 are slow directionless jumping and sliding.

I could also make a video of myself jumping around taking unnecessary and showy flips/jump to get from point A to point B using the CURRENT system. But it doesn't change the fact that it's nothing but frilly dressing to hide the fact that nothing has actually changed. People are going to treat this new system exactly like the directional melee is now.

Parkour 2.0 doesn't change the fact that most tiles do not facilitate or reward the use of the movement system at all. It doesn't change the fact that exploring the maps is mostly pointless and does nothing but slow down game play.

Now, if part of the system was a momentum feature where we gain speed by chaining our movement together nonstop, they might be on to something. But I doubt DE will do something like that. The only way I see the new system working to make the game faster or funner is if people find a way to achieve speeds comparable to coptering by way of some bug that was missed because DE doesn't fully test their content.

Except that wasn't the point of the video. The video showed you can reach the point 2 ways. Bullet jump straight to it and double jumpt o clos distance or use the walls to gain some speed then finish with bullet jump, both are viable and both are done pretty quickly.

And I'm glad you said it can be done via air melee because that is correct. But not all melee weapons can do that, i'll gladly eat my words if you can make that same jump with a nikana. Parkour 2.0 your melee shouldn't be tied to how mobile you can be.

In the current system you would not take your time to do flips and twirls, you would take "x mobility weapon" and make the jump in one go. Others who don't have that would have to take the long way. They're taking movement away from melee and giving it to the player instead, so saying nothing has change is just false.

Parkour 2.0 is probably going to bring enemy accuracy changes while moving, it would be short sighted to give players the ability to be in the air for an increased amount of time if they're just going to be shot.

Your last paragraph is what exactly they are trying to do, you gain increased momentum by jumping off objects. While i have yet to see Steve nor Rebecca actually show it, it is reference enough times that it is possible. Which is why i assumed they allow us to use enemies as platforms

It all looks awesome! The glide looks like it has manual duration. I like the that I'll be able to choose if I wanna make my way across the room by running, bullet gliding, using walls, mixing it all to gether and going from wall to wall as I take out enemies underneath... I like all these options im getting. Its gonna be fun as hell

Except that wasn't the point of the video. The video showed you can reach the point 2 ways. Bullet jump straight to it and double jumpt o clos distance or use the walls to gain some speed then finish with bullet jump, both are viable and both are done pretty quickly.

And I'm glad you said it can be done via air melee because that is correct. But not all melee weapons can do that, i'll gladly eat my words if you can make that same jump with a nikana. Parkour 2.0 your melee shouldn't be tied to how mobile you can be.

In the current system you would not take your time to do flips and twirls, you would take "x mobility weapon" and make the jump in one go. Others who don't have that would have to take the long way. They're taking movement away from melee and giving it to the player instead, so saying nothing has change is just false.

Parkour 2.0 is probably going to bring enemy accuracy changes while moving, it would be short sighted to give players the ability to be in the air for an increased amount of time if they're just going to be shot.

Your last paragraph is what exactly they are trying to do, you gain increased momentum by jumping off objects. While i have yet to see Steve nor Rebecca actually show it, it is reference enough times that it is possible. Which is why i assumed they allow us to use enemies as platforms

You really think that was quick huh? He went to two entirely different points in the first video in case you didn't notice.

Functionally speaking, nothing has changed. So Parkour 2.0 allows us to actually choose weapons we want, great. When is DE going to fix the fact that 90% of the weapons are just there as mastery fodder? We are still locked into only using a few weapons without gimping ourselves. It's possibly the only good thing advertized about this patch.

Don't act like getting a good coptering weapon was in any way hard. The only way it was restrictive was the fact that unless you want to spend tons of plat, you have a limited number of inventory spots. That still has not changed. Either way the new system is still DE giving us the tools to skip over any obstacle that could have been used to facilitate actual parkour. I don't see how that could be good for the game, it's DE giving up on the idea of making maps and tiles that require actual skill and knowledge of the game mechanics to get though. Permanent wall clinging, endless free wall hopping, double jumps, and bullet time isn't parkour.

DE has a track record of short sighted knee-jerk changes to the game. See the excal nurf as a way to stop people farming last year. I still don't think DE understands why people farm so much and hard in this game. Yet they keep trying to stop us from grinding effectively when the only thing to do in this game is grind. DE really should be taking notes on the methods people use to do missions like Drako, how they should be changing and building all frames to work together and synergize their skills.

Again assumptions. Every patch I see DE screw up hard enough to know to not give them credit for something they haven't done yet.

EDIT: I would also like to note that we have only ever seen the new bullet jump used in small closed off rooms or over short distances. Lets seem them cover a large room like the rectangular room in the Void with the party balls and compare that to coptering.

Edited by Lowsodium

You really think that was quick huh? He went to two entirely different points in the first video in case you didn't notice.

Functionally speaking, nothing has changed. So Parkour 2.0 allows us to actually choose weapons we want, great. When is DE going to fix the fact that 90% of the weapons are just there as mastery fodder? We are still locked into only using a few weapons without gimping ourselves. It's possibly the only good thing advertized about this patch.

Don't act like getting a good coptering weapon was in any way hard. The only way it was restrictive was the fact that unless you want to spend tons of plat, you have a limited number of inventory spots. That still has not changed. Either way the new system is still DE giving us the tools to skip over any obstacle that could have been used to facilitate actual parkour. I don't see how that could be good for the game, it's DE giving up on the idea of making maps and tiles that require actual skill and knowledge of the game mechanics to get though. Permanent wall clinging, endless free wall hopping, double jumps, and bullet time isn't parkour.

DE has a track record of short sighted knee-jerk changes to the game. See the excal nurf as a way to stop people farming last year. I still don't think DE understands why people farm so much and hard in this game. Yet they keep trying to stop us from grinding effectively when the only thing to do in this game is grind. DE really should be taking notes on the methods people use to do missions like Drako, how they should be changing and building all frames to work together and synergize their skills.

Again assumptions. Every patch I see DE screw up hard enough to know to not give them credit for something they haven't done yet.

EDIT: I would also like to note that we have only ever seen the new bullet jump used in small closed off rooms or over short distances. Lets seem them cover a large room like the rectangular room in the Void with the party balls and compare that to coptering.

you just sound salty.

I think bullet jump may be a little over done too, but let's not get carried away here and act like DE doesn't know what they're doing. Every update has improved the game in great ways, DE are excellent devs and do their best to address issues and adjust things that don't work.

If bullet jump isn't good for the game, they'll tweak it. They even tweaked greedy pull, and that was very polarizing. DE has a vision and they will change things based on feedback (not whining) and their own vision for game. It's their game that I enjoy and trust their vision. The problem is that they can't ever know how the players will interact with game, and if everything goes according to plan.

We may break bullet jump as soon as it's released, who knows. We can only speculate. I am confident that while it may not be perfect, it will be an improvement.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I'm not really a fan of what I'm seeing thus far. Wall... Jumping? It looks awkward to me where as wall running looked significantly more natural. The bullet-gliding thing strikes me as odd, like Tenno can manipulate physics at their will. Can't say I'm a big fan of what I've seen so far, but if they remove stamina to do it I imagine I'll still be happy. 

I'm not really a fan of what I'm seeing thus far. Wall... Jumping? It looks awkward to me where as wall running looked significantly more natural. The bullet-gliding thing strikes me as odd, like Tenno can manipulate physics at their will. Can't say I'm a big fan of what I've seen so far, but if they remove stamina to do it I imagine I'll still be happy. 

Absolutely nothing about wall running looks natural.  We may have been trained to accept it, but it's still silly as all get out.

Goodbye clunky jumps and vaults:

246750.gif

Goodbye coptering velocity:

SQeyvtB.gif

Goodbye falling short of heights:

t9l2wku.gif

Hello smooth walljumps:

oU7u8MM.gif

Hello soaring through the air:

tumblr_mv5xb13Umk1s2yegdo1_400.gif

Hello bullet jump:

the-avengers-hulk-gif-1.gif

I AM READY:

frnXxyMh.jpg

Now that I've got your attention, anyone know anything about what's gonna happen to stamina-related mods?

you made my day!

Every update has improved the game in great ways

When DE started putting cores, forma, and O cells in rotation C Void Survival and Defenses.(There was no mention of this change the patch it happened.)

The Ember "reworks."

The gradual shift from a gritty darker atmosphere to the garish and over designed patchwork mess we have now.

Those knee-jerk patches I mentioned.

Stealth Nurfs that we need to stumble into all on our own.

The point DE started using other weapons as building mats, but we still need to buy an inventory slot for that weapon that we are ONLY going to use as material to build the new wep. Just let us set up a build queue for weapons/frames that require multiple stages in the foundry DE, it's so simple

Steve saying "We don't want this game to feel like a massive grind." Yet they have still not done anything to fix the massively diluted drop tables in the Void, in fact it has only gotten worse.(This is the point I truly stopped trusting anything DE says.)

T4 Keys, another good idea that was supposed to fix the drop table dilution... nope. Just made it worse and gave us another key we all have to grind for.

Stances. Great idea, but then they locked them behind yet another grind wall.

Ordis making snide comments every single time I change something in my arsenal.

Weapons in general only being good after you put a series of cookie cutter damage buff/multishot mods on them. Just buff every weapon in the game as if it gained the effects of serration as it levels. Then have elemental mods increase the damage effect they have as the weapon levels up. This will make the game as a whole so much more approachable for new players and make balancing the weapons actually possible.

You get the idea.

Sure, I'm a bit salty about what DE has done to Ember. But does that really matter? Do I have to pat them on the back and tell them what a great job they are doing before I tell them how to improve the game through simple creature comforts? Because I have seen tons of people do exactly that. As if they fear voicing criticism will earn them a lashing from forum lurkers that believe DE is infallible. DEs Vision ultimately overrides any feedback we could give them. Note that the Design Council voted for the Chroma helm that wasn't a seahorse, but DE still tried to push that one out.

The last hope I had that DE might actually talk to the players in an open forum(pax East) they didn't open up to take random questions. Even though Rebecca specifically said they would. They just had a dance off and played pointless games. As if they decided having to answer questions they can't screen first might be uncomfortable and too revealing

Edited by Lowsodium

Now what we need is a rail slide....like skateboard but without it....

Jet Set Radio! Yes please.

Looks like the new system is about choice. We can still clear vast distances but are no longer limited to certain melee weapons. We can still wall run, well bounce, if we prefer. I would like some I

incentive to combine both and be flash, like momentum boosts and reduced enemy accuracy.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the glide, not sure it fits the game and I would prefer frames to have a greater sense of weight than the glide presents. It looks very floaty tbh.

Will heavier frames have less glide? Should steel fibre reduce glide further? Will bouncing off an enemys' head do more damage if you are a bulkier frame?

I would like to see a frames weight/mass effect how it interacts with the environment and enemies.

oh dear... go outside, get some fresh air, seriously.

Funny thing is, people complained about coptering being removed and parcour 2.0 being too slow to get around.

Now we get these new tools to get around fast and guess what, ppl now complain it's too easy to get around fast.. ugh.

I don't even,,,,,

Edited by CruelMaiden

Funny thing is, people complained about coptering being removed and parcour 2.0 being too slow to get around.

Now we get these new tools to get around fast and guess what, ppl now complain it's too easy to get around fast.. ugh.

I don't even,,,,,

I know it's funny right! The thing is that the displeased side is always more vocal. I think bullet jump looks a lil too much, but was happy when coptering got removed.

I don't even,,,,,

I just finished a week of 5 to 9 shifts working cattle on a mountain. I got a few days off to $&*^ around and let my sunburn fade. Time in a nice dark room is exactly what I need. You are on this forum just like I am, but I don't make baseless assumptions about your life.

What is the point of your post exactly, complaining about people complaining? Would you like to have an actual discussion about parkour 2.0 or just rip on me.

Edited by Lowsodium

I just finished a week of 5 to 9 shifts working cattle on a mountain. I got a few days off to $&*^ around and let my sunburn fade. Time in a nice dark room is exactly what I need. You are on this forum just like I am, but I don't make baseless assumptions about your life.

What is the point of your post exactly, complaining about people complaining? Would you like to have an actual discussion about parkour 2.0 or just rip on me.

your post is as off-topic and unconstructive as mine is. As for my comment about going outside, it was more of a metaphor to tell you that you are very salty and should take a break from forums. There was no need for you to tell me about your life.

I do write feedback but for the very reason that i described in my last post i'm kind of tired to try to argue with anyone.

EDIT:

I honestly still think there is something wrong with you when you come back from hard work and now you want to cool down in your dark room, just to head to the forums to post salty comments about a feature that has not even been released and tested yet.

Edited by CruelMaiden

Just to remind everyone... and i'm getting tired of this... the short clips we see are just a very kind way of steve to show the public what is being worked on. until we were actually be able to test it, you should try to be a little more open minded and hold your negativity back until you actually get your hands on the finished product!

Edited by CruelMaiden

Looks great to me - my biggest concern was that the new movement system would make one too stationary&slow without something to boost nearby and the bullet jump seems to adress that.

It looks as fast as the current system while potentially offering more control from boosting of walls, air control through aiming and just in general control in which direction one launches. Even the ability to changes directions mid air (which coptering currently offers) seems to have been accounted for (which is a must have to allow players to create there own roots through a level/situation).

Before I was somewhat worried if the new movement system would ruin the game for me but now I am looking forward to it with anticipation.

Just to remind everyone... and i'm getting tired of this... the short clips we see are just a very kind way of steve to show the public what is being worked on. until we were actually be able to test it, you should try to be a little more open minded and hold your negativity back until you actually get your hands on the finished product!

No need to argue, just have a conversation.

It's hard for me to trust Steve when his Twitter says things like "50% less carpal tunnel." Unless there is something he isn't showing us, the distance covered by bullet distance is a fraction compared to coptering. Meaning we will have to bullet jump many many more times to cross a room. Meaning MORE carpal tunnel.

I know it's not meant to be taken literally, but I see it as him trying way too hard to hype up the patch. I've said it before in this thread, I don't trust DE. I'm tired of expecting something nice only to have something taken away instead.

As for being negative, someone has to hold DEs feet over the fire and hold them accountable to what they say and do. We can't leave it to someone like Hypernaut who is so overwhelmingly optimistic that he honestly believes every single thing DE has done has improved the game.

No need to argue, just have a conversation.

It's hard for me to trust Steve when his Twitter says things like "50% less carpal tunnel." Unless there is something he isn't showing us, the distance covered by bullet distance is a fraction compared to coptering. Meaning we will have to bullet jump many many more times to cross a room. Meaning MORE carpal tunnel.

I know it's not meant to be taken literally, but I see it as him trying way too hard to hype up the patch. I've said it before in this thread, I don't trust DE. I'm tired of expecting something nice only to have something taken away instead.

As for being negative, someone has to hold DEs feet over the fire and hold them accountable to what they say and do. We can't leave it to someone like Hypernaut who is so overwhelmingly optimistic that he honestly believes every single thing DE has done has improved the game.

Inappropriate user name