Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Side Arm With Accurate Hip Fire Too Much To Ask?

aTaVaX

I just played a quick mission with my lex to make sure nothing's changed recently, and was able to consistently hip-fire headshot Grineer who were far enough away that their faces were only a few pixels wide.

Are you sure you're not just, you know, missing?

yep, just did a mission, i was standing perfectly still, enemy was standing perfectly still, lined up headshot, first shot completely missed. didn't move crosshair at all, neither me nor the target moved at all, 2nd shot landed. Played solo so its not like i was laggy either.

I just played a quick mission with my lex to make sure nothing's changed recently, and was able to consistently hip-fire headshot Grineer who were far enough away that their faces were only a few pixels wide.

yeah, some times it does seem perfectly accuracte, like against the shield guys, sometimes there is just a fex pixels above the shield and i can hit that first try. But other times there are obvious headshots that don't register at all.

Edited by aTaVaX

Are you sure you're not headshotting corpus with AP weapons? :c

Also, it's possible that you're actually missing if it's a small target. The current game's crosshairs are not perfectly accurate, especially when extremely close or far from your target.

Edited by Argoms

I have Lex and Axbolto and even with the Boltos I still have no problem useing the aim. Granted with the Lex I almost always use the aim as its kind of a pistol sniper, point is (especially with the lex) I use aim all the time and get consistent head shots all the time with my pistols. Practice.

Though it would be nice to be able to customize the crosshair.

Edited by Carcharias

Are you sure you're not headshotting corpus with AP weapons? :c

Also, it's possible that you're actually missing if it's a small target. The current game's crosshairs are not perfectly accurate, especially when extremely close or far from your target.

yeah, i'm sure. and yeah, i'm aware of the inaccuracies at very short range and try to avoid it. It might just be that the crosshair is inaccurate at all ranges some of the time... I know to avoid short range because of it and to avoid long range, but frequently at mid range it definitely doesn't go where i aim it. Its annoying, because i'm like methodical. I have played shooters competitively and when i miss a shot i naturally try to diagnose why i missed a shot to try to improve my performance and its annoying because it seems like its unavoidable at least without using sights to avoid that inaccuracy, to play with the precision i'm used to.

Edited by aTaVaX

I'm not aware of hip and zoom firing having different accuracies at all.  If you are missing, you most likely are just missing.

Keep in mind that this is a third person shooter, not a FPS. Shooting things point blank gives it trouble as you actually end up shooting around what is under your crosshair. THAT they do need to fix.

Edited by Emotitron

Not Sarcasm, but I meant from a hipfire perspective. They shouldn't be able to compete with primary weapons. In my opinion, anyway. 

The developers intend to make primary, secondary, and melee weapons equally viable.

In other words, your opinion is invalid (in this case).

EDIT: You might be flinching from taking damage.

Edited by Argoms