The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons For T4 Survival Solo?

SigweardStoneFist

Question

Just what the title says.

I decided to do T4 survival solo, because I can't really find anyone to play with.

Currently using:

-Bo Prime ( To reach certain height faster, incase of life support emergency. )

-Boltor Prime(Ammo issues after 20 minutes, it's weird I know)

-Kohmak( Too low on damage )

I find Boltor Prime actually not being too effecient because 1) ammo and 2) armor be crazy

Elements I pick are Viral with high status chance

For my warframe I pick Nyx, Nova, Loki, Ash or Excalibur (which then you dont need any weapons)

I am sure there are others but that is what I prefer

I tend to bring slash based weapons because those seem to work the best

if i wanna go more then 40 -60 mins ,even more, i prefer tonkor . i use a secondery until ~30min mark  then i use tonkor.

kill as many mobs as u can and fast before u start using tonkor.( atomos / synoid / vaykor ) something that kills fast

Edited by -QueBorn-

Well what warframe are you using?

Loki Prime.

The only problem I have is ammo.

Rifle Ammo mutation?  

Ammo Pads?

Carrier to help suck it all up.

Just some thoughts.  

Carrier is there.

Ammo pads, probably a good idea.

Rifle Ammo mutation, I dunno might replace Shred with it if worth it.

Amprex works wonders for killing piles of things - ammo mutation is a must, range mod also is incredibly handy, otherwise mods like a standard crit weapon. I generally have mine as pure radiation damage, wrecks bombards, cancels ancient auras, and makes things fight each other while I reload.

Vaykor Marelok is an amazing secondary as said above, very high ammo efficiency and damage, plus it heals you and deals radial damage+stun.

Having a lethal melee can be handy at times, so you may want to look into deadly ones that are still mobile, such as prisma cleavers or ichors.

Loki Prime.

The only problem I have is ammo.

Use bows. Or Opticor. + fast firerate secondary for Nullifiers (e.g. Atomos). 

To all the people suggesting ammo mutation, it only works with the correct weapon equipped. When that weapon runs dry, you have to switch to another weapon which means no ammo mutation for that dried weapon. --It's a viscous cycle.  

Use bows. Or Opticor. + fast firerate secondary for Nullifiers (e.g. Atomos). 

To all the people suggesting ammo mutation, it only works with the correct weapon equipped. When that weapon runs dry, you have to switch to another weapon which means no ammo mutation for that dried weapon. --It's a viscous cycle.  

The point of having ammo mutation on is so that the weapon never runs out of ammo in the first place, though.

Bows are quite the good pick in generall. The punch-trough works wonders. Has issues on 40+ dps wise..higly depends on the frame tho. I kinda tend to use nyx quite a lot recently. No problems there. The enemys just kill themselfes and i fire my bow (dread atm) trough the crouds.

Synoid gammacor for nullifiers/fast dps and Scindo P for melee/regen if the situation calls for it.

I'd suggest looking into a gun with a syndicate effect.

For example, I generally solo to 40 minutes with my shattershield mesa and my trusty vaykor. The explosion effect from Justice helps thin the herd of damaged and weaker enemies, keeping the enemies churning faster so they're dropping air more. Justice in particular also has that longer duration stun to keep less enemy fire on you.

I've also had good luck with burston prime + gilded truth, for the same reason with a side of "burst weapons are great for stripping null bubbles."

I'd suggest looking into a gun with a syndicate effect.

For example, I generally solo to 40 minutes with my shattershield mesa and my trusty vaykor. The explosion effect from Justice helps thin the herd of damaged and weaker enemies, keeping the enemies churning faster so they're dropping air more. Justice in particular also has that longer duration stun to keep less enemy fire on you.

I've also had good luck with burston prime + gilded truth, for the same reason with a side of "burst weapons are great for stripping null bubbles."

+1

Love your name btw.

Missed that...great name.

If you are using carrier vaccuum and ammo mutation then you should suck up the ammo.  The problem is that as the enemies level they take more ammo to kill (at some point).  I also believe that ammo drop rates decrease (have not confirmed this).

Everyone has made great suggestions.  

I find that cycling from primary, to secondary, to melee, to abilities to be best in survivals so that you can last as long as possible and to break up the boredom. If any one of these modes is weaker than the others then use that one earlier in the survival more often and less as the level of enemy's level increase. 

Hope you meet your survival goals.

quanta vandal is pretty good ammo economy and damage wise, unless u spam secondary fire like crazy. 

Good that you mentioned it, I have that weapon. but almost forgot about that :$.

Love your name btw.

Thanks

Missed that...great name.

If you are using carrier vaccuum and ammo mutation then you should suck up the ammo.  The problem is that as the enemies level they take more ammo to kill (at some point).  I also believe that ammo drop rates decrease (have not confirmed this).

Everyone has made great suggestions.  

I find that cycling from primary, to secondary, to melee, to abilities to be best in survivals so that you can last as long as possible and to break up the boredom. If any one of these modes is weaker than the others then use that one earlier in the survival more often and less as the level of enemy's level increase. 

Hope you meet your survival goals.

Drop rates don't decrease, it feels so because you kill less enemies further on.

at 35+ minutes, the enemies will be around level 50-60.

This gonna sound somewhat crazy, but running T4S solo I tend to use Nekros, Kohm, Kohmack, and Tipedo.

I love the Kohm with Nekros, because it shreds everything to pieces, giving me more parts to Desecrate making sure I have plenty of health and life support. I use a Despoil + Equilibrium build, so I'm always getting health/energy back. Terrify is a lot better now than it was before, so when things get hairy I throw out a few get the crowd off of me. After 40mins things start getting a little tough.

Otherwise, I tend to use Nova/Prime, Tonkor, Vaykor Marelok, and Tipedo.

Quanta? You mean Opticor!

I don't like wind-up times

This gonna sound somewhat crazy, but running T4S solo I tend to use Nekros, Kohm, Kohmack, and Tipedo.

I love the Kohm with Nekros, because it shreds everything to pieces, giving me more parts to Desecrate making sure I have plenty of health and life support. I use a Despoil + Equilibrium build, so I'm always getting health/energy back. Terrify is a lot better now than it was before, so when things get hairy I throw out a few get the crowd off of me. After 40mins things start getting a little tough.

Tonkor is a nice idea, only too bad the explosion reduces damage a lot after a while.

Pretty cool you do this with a nekros.  I have not tried to solo nekros this deep.  Sounds like you've got a good setup going for it.

Pretty cool you do this with a nekros. I have not tried to solo nekros this deep. Sounds like you've got a good setup going for it.

The thing I love the most about the Despoil + Equilibrium combo is that you're always topped off with energy/health. Use your health to Desecrate and get it back from the loot. It lets you have energy for your other skills. Throw out a Terrify or two (or a couple) when things get hairy and when you're picking up health/energy, you're getting energy/health back. It is a constant cycle.

When Nullifers start coming out I tend to bob and weave into the bubble to take out the Nullifer and the bubble and throw out a Terrify to get the guys running and take them with the armor debuff. You do the same with Bombards. Bob and weave and Terrify. Rinse and repeat.

Takes some time to play with him cause he's super squishy, but he is a fun frame to play IMO. Going super deep gets rough cause of the armor scaling.