Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi Everyone!

(PSN)TheNewSeeker

I'm the new Tenno on the Block and I don't understand how leveling works. What is leveling in this game? I see you can level the Warframe and the Weapons but what is leveling up your level? Is your level your Rank or is your level your Warframe level? I'm asking cause I like playing solo when it comes to non boss areas! If a seasoned player or Dev can explain how leveling works in this game would greatly help me out! I have not ventured out side of the 1-3 area cause I don't know what my level is!

I started a new account to play my way my PSN is WarframeWill.

I know that MMO's are for many people to play togather but sometimes you just want to play by yourself.

Leveling up - Ranking up new weapons Warframes and Companions will give you Mastery Rank XP.  Mastery Rank is the number that shows up below your profile icon in game - it is not tied to your Forum title, that is related to your post count.

Right now, there is no need to go past MR8, unless you are looking into becoming a trader, than go for Mr19-20, since the highest MR locked item is MR8.  Your Warframe/Weapon rank can be seen when you access your Armory and mouse over the Warframe/Weapon slot. 

If you're into solo'ing and don't want random people dropping in, make sure your matchmaking preference is set to solo.  If you don't know how to do that, access your Navigation console and look at the top left portion of the screen. 

Welcome to the party tenno!

Weapons, companions, and warframes all have levels ranging from 0 to 30. As you play missions you will earn affinity for kills, solving ciphers, and by picking up affinity drops as loot. This will help raise the level of the items you have equipped. As your equipment level rises it contributes to you mastery rank ( which is your level). Once you earn enough mastery points you can take a test to increase your mastery rank or MR as you will see it abbreviated on the forums. 

Your mastery rank will open up the trading system and dictate how many trades you get per day. it will also allow you to deploy addition al resource drones. Also some of the  weapons have mastery rank requirements that need to be met before you can equip them. 

Well Noamuth there is a little more incentive in moving past MR8 other than trades. You are also able to access more standing from Syndicates, Simarus, and Conclave everyday. Once they halved the amount you can get daily, higher MR really helps when trying to get specific items from them. At MR19 you can only 20k standing a day. That's not very much.

AND WELCOME TO THE PARTY TENNO!!!

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

Well Noamuth there is a little more incentive in moving past MR8 other than trades. You are alo\so able to access more standing from Syndicates, Simarus, and Conclave everyday. Once they halved the amount you can get daily, higher MR really helps when trying to get specific items from them. At MR19 you can only 20k standing a day. That's not very much.

AND WELCOME TO THE PARTY TENNO!!!

Right.  I'm still new to the Syndicates.  : /  Thanks for pointing that out!

I'm the new Tenno on the Block and I don't understand how leveling works. What is leveling in this game? I see you can level the Warframe and the Weapons but what is leveling up your level? Is your level your Rank or is your level your Warframe level? I'm asking cause I like playing solo when it comes to non boss areas! If a seasoned player or Dev can explain how leveling works in this game would greatly help me out! I have not ventured out side of the 1-3 area cause I don't know what my level is!

I started a new account to play my way my PSN is WarframeWill.

I know that MMO's are for many people to play togather but sometimes you just want to play by yourself.

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Its great to play solo and have all the time exploring the maps and if you are farming. I would also say that playing with a squad you can learn a lot and get great tips. There are a lot of things to discover and it could be overwhelming. Use the wiki in getting good information, and don't hesitate to ask here in the forum. I'm at mr9 and I was thinking of participating for the mentorship program. There are a lot to discover and learn. 

Good luck tenno, and have fun!

Welcome to the party tenno!

Weapons, companions, and warframes all have levels ranging from 0 to 30. As you play missions you will earn affinity for kills, solving ciphers, and by picking up affinity drops as loot. This will help raise the level of the items you have equipped. As your equipment level rises it contributes to you mastery rank ( which is your level). Once you earn enough mastery points you can take a test to increase your mastery rank or MR as you will see it abbreviated on the forums. 

Your mastery rank will open up the trading system and dictate how many trades you get per day. it will also allow you to deploy addition al resource drones. Also some of the  weapons have mastery rank requirements that need to be met before you can equip them. 

So what your saying is that I'm Level 1 because my Mastery is 1MR. So when I went up against Vor Boss 1 I should have been level 3 MR to not need help fighting him.

So what your saying is that the Excalibur rank isn't my level its actually my Armor level and the weapons have there own level? 11738069_10205705525170266_1199608742913

That Kubrow Egg can you hatch it or is it just some sort of junk item?

yea each individual item has it's own level gained through getting affinity in missions. im not sure if you have already gotten the incubator power core, but when you do, you can hatch that egg. you will also need a power core for the incubation process. 

yea each individual item has it's own level gained through getting affinity in missions. im not sure if you have already gotten the incubator power core, but when you do, you can hatch that egg. you will also need a power core for the incubation process. 

Where do those items go anyway?

So what your saying is that I'm Level 1 because my Mastery is 1MR. So when I went up against Vor Boss 1 I should have been level 3 MR to not need help fighting him.

Yes and No. Enemy bosses will scale to your level, I believe its based on your conclave, yes another rating system. If you look at the picture above its the first line in the upper left hand side. The first number you see is the conclave rating for your current piece of equipment, in this case your Excal warframe. The balance of the numbers comes from your three weapon slots and your companion if you have one. As you add mods to your gear you will see your conclave increase. The way it was explained to me is that your conclave is a numerical representation of your survivability / damage dealing abilities. As you make your self more deadly the game will respond with increased difficulty within the level range of the planet. 

So Yes your Mastery Rank is level 1 and people will refer to that as MR1. You could in theory play the game for months and amass an arsenal of warframes and weapons and become a deadly tenno and never advance your Mastery Rank, its purely optional. A MR1 player could be every bit as capable and well equipped as a MR10, with the exception of a few MR locked weapons. 

Your conclave is a much better representation of your capability in game.

I suggest you get to MR2 as soon as possible so you can unlock trading. If you add me Santar0s , Its a zero, I can gift you some mods that might make things a bit easier for you. I dont want anything in return, lots of folks helped me and I love the game and I like to pay it forward. If you need help farming bosses for parts or anything hit me up. 

Where do those items go anyway?

all of your items go into your inventory under certain tabs. you can purchase a power core for plat or just get the bp and build one. note that they are pretty expensive for newer players and require an argon crystal only found in the void. 

Welcome to the PS4 Warframe community seeker!

If you ever need any assistance or questions answered I'm happy to help you out, even if I'm not online I'm certain that there are many others out there who will :D

Is there anyway I can increase my Shield number like I increased my health.

oh, polarity adjustment.

Your mods have "polarity" signs at the top right corner. They look like (V, D, -) Try and match those signs with slots that have the same sign on them so that you get reduced capacity when you equip mods... I know this is a bid.... bla, but it will all make sense soon.

I figured that out yesterday and It also helped me out a lot I got my Rank 7 or 8 Vitality mod in the top slot now its a 4.

I'm also Happy that when I went back to Mercury and went solo against Vor I blinded the punk and got to extraction and got a nice trophy.

10509519_10205733007297302_3383869295730

11751869_10205733254023470_4907072712085

I've got a feeling it only starts here!

Edited by (PS4)TheNewSeeker

I want to max my Lato out but it grows so slowly even with my other weapons maxed out any ideas?

Unequip your maxed out (lvl 30) weapons and just bring your Lato, Affinity is equally divided between all of your weapons and warframe (sentinels are excluded) so the Lato will rank up faster. Having an Affinity booster equiped will double the amount of affinity you gain