Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Idea For Warframe "character Development"

JaredAE

An idea popped into my head as I was doing the "Limbo Theorem" quest while Ordis was saying the story was told in pure math. The idea was to give more insight on the war that resulted in the creation of the Tenno.

The actual Idea was a change in how/when Warframes learn their new abilities. Instead of unlocking abilities as you level, you have to do a sort of flashback sequence where the Frame remembers how he was able to do the given ability. It could be a cutscene or a small mission. But in my head the misson or cutscene taking place in what Ordis calls the "Old War". This idea could be expanded upon further by putting voice acting onto the Warframes, which I thought would be cool.

Reminds me a little of the Arrow TV show in which Oliver Queen often reveals some new skill, contact or relevant knowledge and then we are treated to a flash back to 5 years ago that explains how and why he can do what he needs to do.  Also, unlocking Valkyr's powers might give people nightmares.

So develope a short quest for every frame that unlocks when you obtain it. I like it. Meanwhile would primes share the quest or have thier own placed in the void i would prefer to have their own in the void

This idea could potentially be quite awesome, but we have to be very careful about breaking the lore. Since its been confirmed that each frame isn't actually its own person, there would have to be some lore explanation made up.

In that case, Ordis could run a virtual reality, or tell the story to you. But I think it would be interesting to make each frame it's own person, but that is just what I would do. If they didn't want to break the lore, Ordis could decript a transmission from the original frame.

It is a viable way to go into character development. DE, would have to decide where the focus of story development goes. Do we develop the character by unavailing who we where, or do we take the current tabla rasa approach and build are character fresh.

Those skills we develop are now reflexive and are just rusty and gave to be worked out. That is the current, less expository method of are Warframe progression.

Characters like Teshin, the Lotus and Simaris are opprotunities to get a window into our past, but the lense seems aimed forward, for now.

I love it, I don't know about using formas on a frame though...

Would you have to re-do the quest whenever your warframe rank is reset?

Would the abilities be open/leveled after you forma and it gets to unranked?

I would potentially like flashback animations, certainly not entire quests for abilities.

The flashbacks should only unlock when an ability is first unlocked, and perhaps accessed through a Warframe's "Arsenal -> warframe -> Abilities" tab.

Below each ability, there could be a certain button that plays that animation.

Overall, good idea.

Edited by RavenCorella

The flashbacks should only unlock when an ability is first unlocked, and perhaps accessed through a Warframe's "Arsenal -> warframe -> Abilities" tab.

Or... It could be put in the Warframe's Codex entry, which is already sitting there as a one-time record of what we've ranked and is supposed to be the place for lore.  Not putting it in the Arsenal would also mean people could still go to watch them again after selling the frame (I hear some people do that...)

Reminds me a little of the Arrow TV show in which Oliver Queen often reveals some new skill, contact or relevant knowledge and then we are treated to a flash back to 5 years ago that explains how and why he can do what he needs to do. Also, unlocking Valkyr's powers might give people nightmares.

I finished this show not to long ago :o

But anyway I agree a little cut scene that jogs back your Frames memory would be pretty sick I could see that allying well to the game and making it more interesting

This Idea sounds AMAZING I love the codex idea (like when you finish a mission and your frame ranked up to a point were it remembers a skill in your liset your frame would begin to remember its abilities (I do agree valkyrs would give nightmares but what about saryns) ( I'd personally thing limbos would be fricken hilarious him blowing up and all :P)