Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, New Rhino Skin... Confusing?

Xylia

This is what the update notes say:

Rhino's Iron Skin ability damage absorption values capped: but up to a damage (d) cap of....

So.... you guys nerfed Iron Skin EVEN FURTHER, or did you restore 100% damage reduction until the (d) cap runs out?

Also noting a lack of Rhino buffs, despite Rhino having very reduced capabilities after the last massive nerf (which the devs even came out and said were a bit too much).

This isn't really making sense...

Edited by Xylia

From what i understand, when you activate the ability, you are TOTALLY invincible, but only up to a  certain amount of damage.

Example: 800 Damage cap, and you take a hit for 400 = No damage to health or shields. Then you take a hit for 500 - Iron skin de-activates, and your Shields take the 100 difference

So pretty much yeah, a 100% reduction until the cap runs out.

Sorry if its not perfectly accurate, still working towards getting my Rhino

Well, I've just done a Hek run in my Rhino with the new stats...and it's an improvement over the last patch.

BUT

Massive, MASSIVE, probably unintentional nerf:

I now have no idea whether my iron skin is active or not.

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't have the iron skin visual anymore. It does an initial "buff" effect...then I look normal.

The game just got hotfixed, so maybe they've fixed this already...otherwise, this is a problem.

EDIT:

Ah, there we go - the hotfix fixed this.

Edited by MXXVI

100% Immunity + Damage Cap feels fair.

100% Immunity with no Damage Cap was simply too much, it was OP.

80% Absorb was too heavy-handed of a nerf.

Thanks for finding such an awesome middle-ground while keeping Rhino the tank he's meant to be.

And........woah!? Radial Blast, 1000 damage? Niiiice.

Is the AoE still small?

Thanks for finding such an awesome middle-ground while keeping Rhino the tank he's meant to be.

Is the AoE still small?

Tell that to Trinity.

100% absorb but limited time and health

better but they need to bump the health

The main point of Iron Skin now, is "Crap my Shields are down and there's nowhere to hide!"

Pop Iron Skin, shields should have enough time to regenerate if you're at least trying to avoid fire. Also, with knockback immunity, you won't have to worry about rollers or shockwave moas either.

I can vouch for the stagger immunity; I tested it earlier with 5 grineer guys in melee range, and they were rifle-butting me left and right and Rhino didn't even flinch.

Okay, I guess I spoke too soon; I'm still getting the Iron Skin visual glitch (as in, it doesn't show, so I have no idea if it's still active or not).

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT:

Also,

"Is the AoE still small?"

Erm, define small? Cos I'm now taking out entire rooms of enemies with a single fist...

Edited by MXXVI

UPDATE: Rhino Skin *IS* 100% absorb now.

For a tiny amount of damage. You can suffer 800 damage from a few enemies before you even finish reviving someone, and yeah, Trinity is still horribly OP because of EV+Link.

I suggest making the absorb work off the DR% provided by the previous version of IS.
For example with rank 3 IS, a 100 damage attack will be reduced to 20 damage before being absorbed. This way IS duration will decrease as enemy damage increases. As in higher levels getting hit less is better than tanking, this should slowly encourage the Rhino user to learn to dodge as their safety net slowly loses effectiveness as they go into higher levels.

Is the AoE still small?

It can't be op in a PVE GAME! WTF? Anyway is Rhino immune again to TOxic and Disrupter Ancients?

It can't be op in a PVE GAME! WTF? Anyway is Rhino immune again to TOxic and Disrupter Ancients?

Rhino was immune to Disruption even before U8. I played a few Infested Levels on Tuesday and the Ancients could not disrupt me then while I had IS up. So I imagine that is still the case now.

Toxic, dunno. I was saving all my energy for the disruptors.

Fought Kela and Hyena just now and based on my gameplay experiences:

IS is back up to what it used to be for me, hell, even better now. Not only can I pop it and run around to regen my shields, but I can also use it to attract the attention of rollers and bosses so that my teammates can focus them better. I like.

Rhino was immune to Disruption even before U8. I played a few Infested Levels on Tuesday and the Ancients could not disrupt me then while I had IS up. So I imagine that is still the case now.

Toxic, dunno. I was saving all my energy for the disruptors.

I beg to differ man. i have a video I posted a few days after the nerf and it shows me being disrupted and poisoned the whole time.

Watch here:

It can't be op in a PVE GAME! WTF?

Sure it can. Have you never played D&D? Not much worse than "This guy is doing all the work while I sit around and be useless". That would make Rhino OP.

I won't comment on whether or not it actually was, as I have yet to play Rhino.

There seems to be a bug with the ability that the Iron skin animation vanishes after 1 sec of it's use, and I can just reuse it right after, so that bug needs to be looked at, also it would be nice if we got a indicator on how much damage it can absorb before it falls. I can't fully say whether it's good or not because of this bug is around. 

Edited by Rafarix