Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee And Powers Balance In Conclave

Lord_Noctus

so as far as i can tell those melee spam complaining people are actually right in alot ways the main problem is the blocking actually becouse u can take like a full clip of boltor or braton as example (furax,kogake with valk). now u could say u gotta attack the back but well to get to shoot at the back u actually gotta pass him or go around him. 1st option will kill you and the 2nd one is uneffective. currently we also seem to have a bug that people can melee attack and block at the same time. i rly hope block gets changed in functionality after the next update besides that the dmg is fine of melee weapons. ( martial magnetism might need to get removed after the next update )

powers will get out of balance after the next update. no coptering away from volts 4 or frosts 4 as example.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

yes, i am the one against one shot weapons, but that still dont answer my question about melee spamm and the skill...

ill reply to that in time have patience ^^. 

on the skill part u have to be aware of that there will be no way to escape anymore. they might should nerf the speed of those skills not neccessarily taking away the 1 shot.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

So because cant scape from Volt or frost 4th, is out of balance because...? It 1 shot o...

A question, what th h... its melee spamm that everyone say?

thats the point of ulta, you need to gain 4 packs of supply to use it, and you can max use it 1 time.

if it don't kill or turn the situation, it's useless and ppl just turn on next item/power.

think about if a rocket launcher in WF have only 1 ammo but can't do 1 shot, who use it? ( check the closet one, tonkor)

Edited by cary2010haha1

thats the point of ulta, you need to gain 4 packs of supply to use it, and you can max use it 1 time.

if it don't kill or turn the situation, it's useless and ppl just turn on next item/power.

think about if a rocket launcher in WF have only 1 ammo but can't do 1 shot, who use it? ( check the closet one, tonkor)

this makes no sense, you are comparing ultimates, to rocket launchers? how are those tw...

nevermind

#我不明白

this makes no sense, you are comparing ultimates, to rocket launchers? how are those tw...

nevermind

#我不明白

They have no different in WF, because both of them is just a platform to deal damage for kill other players.

frame fill  "energy"  and weapon fill "ammo"

different names same purpose

They have no different in WF, because both of them is just a platform to deal damage for kill other players.

frame fill "energy" and weapon fill "ammo"

different names same purpose

I am not kidding or trolling when i say i didint understand half of it. It seems interesting but... Please, use google translate, it will rearrange the words better.

I like it...

by the way i dont want melee weapons to be useless i want them strong in close quaters but currently the way they get used is rly skilless. i want kombos to be a must i wanna have fights with style but currently all people do is as example keep block pressed and do the kogake copter over and over again and nothing else or taking out the stance mod from furax to be able to block and hit at the same time(so actually just spam eeeeeee while ur blocking all the time). to be able to block a full clip of boltor or any other weapon is ridiculous and rly destroys the fun for me in melee and conclave generaly.

i personally am able to come up first place without use of block or the mentioned tactics above by doing the combos of as example anku or furax and i dont even see myself as a talented melee user.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

by the way i dont want melee weapons to be useless i want them strong in close quaters but currently the way they get used is rly skilless

I dont understand.

i want kombos to be a must i wanna have fights with style but currently all people do is as example keep block pressed and do the kogake copter over and over again and nothing else or taking out the stance mod from furax to be able to block and hit at the same time(so actually just spam eeeeeee while ur blocking all the time)
Maybe that its a bug about the Furax block combo+E? 

and rly destroys the fun for me in melee and conclave generaly

It just cant be fun, the fun with melee need to be mastered, it really cant be that easy to play with melee, until MM gets removed or reworked (if DE thinkh it needs that)...

What is destroying the fun on conclave with melee, its MM, without that, people its going to play on a skilled way, no just press E and let the game follow the target.

by the way i dont want melee weapons to be useless i want them strong in close quaters but currently the way they get used is rly skilless

I dont understand.

i want kombos to be a must i wanna have fights with style but currently all people do is as example keep block pressed and do the kogake copter over and over again and nothing else or taking out the stance mod from furax to be able to block and hit at the same time(so actually just spam eeeeeee while ur blocking all the time)

Maybe that its a bug about the Furax block combo+E? 

and rly destroys the fun for me in melee and conclave generaly

It just cant be fun, the fun with melee need to be mastered, it really cant be that easy to play with melee, until MM gets removed or reworked (if DE thinkh it needs that)...

What is destroying the fun on conclave with melee, its MM, without that, people its going to play on a skilled way, no just press E and let the game follow the target.

its blocking an entire clip of any primary weapon is what those weapons make skilless ( u dont need no situational awareness u dont need cover.... u can just run up to ur targets while blocking every shot). in some way i dont even mind MM since its kinda neccessary to land a combo with it on opponent. 

Edited by Lord_Noctus

The only problem i have is that people can still block while they are attacking or mashing E. It's really stupid because blocking requires you to hold up your melee weapon to "block" the bullets, you aren't supposed to be able to block while mashing E at another player. But apparently that's how it works. Please fix this, it makes melee spammers impossible to kill without abilities.

The only problem i have is that people can still block while they are attacking or mashing E. It's really stupid because blocking requires you to hold up your melee weapon to "block" the bullets, you aren't supposed to be able to block while mashing E at another player. But apparently that's how it works. Please fix this, it makes melee spammers impossible to kill without abilities.

thats net code

net code have no way to deal

u can take like a full clip of boltor or braton as example (furax,kogake with valk).

boltor needs 10 hits on a full stamina bar, 15 if its valkyr, exactly 1 second, or 1,5 seconds, discount the stamina that he is using to copter around, and its always less hits given that he has MM and uses at least 12 stamina per copter

powers will get out of balance after the next update. no coptering away from volts 4 or frosts 4 as example.

nyx´s absorb was fixed for abilities and melee, as in she gets power from melee attacks, and she can absorb/reflect 300 damage from a single ultimate, which means that you can counter attack 100 energy with 25, i just did it 5 minutes ago, a volt spammer ate his own power back 

so assuming that there will be less movement, (which is more certainly not what will happen because a single bullet jump can omni directionally travel 20 meters + 10 AT LEAST with the double jump), and assuming that with less movement the energy farming would remain the same(circular argumentation? "cant avoid ults becoz im slower, but ult spamming is based high movement speed"), what would have to happen, is that we have to see nyxs is the game, mainly because the counter ultimate is very easy to pull

about melee attack+blocking at the same time, has to be a lag and client side code related problem, as the attacker is the one who informs unilaterally the damage to the host (has to be like that since we can have double kills with hit scan guns), the attacker sees the melee blocking, when the melee blocker is already attacking on his side, DE please fix this

Edited by rockscl

about melee attack+blocking at the same time, has to be a lag and client side code related problem, as the attacker is the one who informs unilaterally the damage to the host (has to be like that since we can have double kills with hit scan guns), the attacker sees the melee blocking, when the melee blocker is already attacking on his side, DE please fix this

net code is no way to stop, even with official server, maybe if the admin kick everyone is lag out of the room it will be better :P