The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll to Seduce(D20)

OverlordMcGeek

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

Ehhh.  I used to agree with that but after learning more, a handgun or rifle isn't the best for emergencies like home invasion.  Honestly, very few situations require the use of a gun in that scenario.  You run the risk of your bullet going through walls if you're using the wrong ammo not to mention a lot of times the intruder is simply too close and may take your weapon from you.  I don't think I could handle being shot with my own gun. :X

It's a great visual/placebo though.  Generally people wont break into a place that is known to have firearms inside.  

So true.  If they're properly stored, and someone suddenly breaks in, well, you're kind of SoL.  The going through walls thing is why a .22 (.22 LR, not .223... kind of a large difference) is one of the best for home defense - because it won't.  Across the street neighbor in upstate NY was a retired NYC cop, and he highly approved of my getting a .22 - because if I missed, the bullet wouldn't make it across the street.  Whereas a 12 gauge...

And speaking of a 12 gauge pump action, that's the absolute best deterrent for home defense.  Not weapon, deterrent.  Rack it, if you don't hear the steps reverse direction, run.

3.7 GPA for the semester - squealed like a little girl when I saw the A in calc, as it meant I'd gotten at least a 98.5 on the final.  How's everyone been?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I think that's great! You don't see a lot of women advocating for self-defense and responsible gun ownership. Covenant deepens (its a Dark Souls thing). 

I saw the fifth wave (Chloe Morets, Liev Shriver), it wasn't such a bad movie. But sparked my interest in what should you bring to defend yourself in a zombie apocalypse scenario? I remember Overlord's thread. 

http://vid1108.photobucket.com/albums/h412/CheekibreekiAsh/Tom%20Clancys%20The%20Divisiontrade_20160308175516_zpsr2tk3cun.mp4

^^ Try this and guess what your faith would be?

For Zombie killing, it would depend on the kind. If we're talking Walking Dead Zombies, then I'd just find a high perch that requires a ladder (those zombies haven't shown the ability to climb IIRC) use a remote control truck with a recording of someone screaming and maybe some freshly sweaty clothes and do some target shooting while the bait draws them all into a central location.

Just now, (PS4)Cwellann said:

So true.  If they're properly stored, and someone suddenly breaks in, well, you're kind of SoL.  The going through walls thing is why a .22 (.22 LR, not .223... kind of a large difference) is one of the best for home defense - because it won't.  Across the street neighbor in upstate NY was a retired NYC cop, and he highly approved of my getting a .22 - because if I missed, the bullet wouldn't make it across the street.  Whereas a 12 gauge...

And speaking of a 12 gauge pump action, that's the absolute best deterrent for home defense.  Not weapon, deterrent.  Rack it, if you don't hear the steps reverse direction, run.

3.7 GPA for the semester - squealed like a little girl when I saw the A in calc, as it meant I'd gotten at least a 98.5 on the final.  How's everyone been?

So true about the pump action. XD  I've heard that sound once in my life (outside of movies) and it scared me, even though I knew it wasn't pointed at me. 

Congrats on the GPA and the A in Calc!  I wish math and I got along. : / 

1 minute ago, TheBrsrkr said:

The feedback section. 

*shivers*

I got a lot bigger workload, so I don't get much time for off topic now. Shame. 

I notice you in the Tonkor thread a lot - how's that going?

1 minute ago, lashakanisgod said:

he also likes human as a food?

Yes.

Also, not sure if Overload cares or not but; she.