Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Peter Molyneux Messes Up Again

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-22-cans-ceo-says-peter-molyneux-#*($%%@-up/

So once again the once famous Peter Molyneux (designer of the Dungeon Keeper games and the Fable series) has messed up his most latest game "Godus". With the new CEO stating that:

The core problem, he said, was Molyneux, specifically that he was out of his element trying to run a business. "All that stuff you've done wrong is quite easy stuff to fix and should have been done, and yes, you #*($%%@ up and should have done all this stuff, but we can sort that out," Phillips told him. "You need to get back into designing games. Don't try and do everything. Don't try and glue it all back together because it's just going to crumble down. You need to make games. That's what you enjoy. I quite like business. I'll do the business."

Offering a cut of Godus' profits to Bryan Henderson, the winner of Curiosity, was a "genius concept," Phillips said, but it never got past that point. "Peter's already out here somewhere thinking about this and thinking about this, and no-one was doing this stuff in the middle," he continued. "It's really basic stuff, but there was no-one in the studio to do that. It's a highly design-led studio that didn't have the structure it needed to deal with this kind of stuff."

22 Cans still intends to finish and release Godus, but Phillips acknowledged that there's no time frame for implementing any of the missing features, like combat and multiplayer, saying it could be "years of development" before any of it is in. He's been in contact with Henderson, but that situation is complicated by the fact that the God of Gods feature upon which his prize is based doesn't actually exist.

"There's nothing to calculate [the prize] on. You can't say, let's put a pound a day away for Bryan, or ten pounds. There's no financial concept of what this God of Gods thing is, and that's what we need to sort out," he said. "That's not to say there isn't an idea of what maybe it should be. But I categorically don't want to just buy Bryan off. I don't want to go, we're really sorry, here you go, and we really mean it. No actually, let's try do the right thing. It's so difficult to try and convey I just want to do the right thing."

Read the whole thing here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-17-meet-the-man-trying-to-fix-22cans

I just love how direct and open the new CEO is. He isn't sugar-coating anything.