Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stacking Status: When Chance Goes Beyond 3X(Insert Base Status Chance Here)?

Lord_PM

Edit:

Original post was rushed a little bit.

Some procs were OP. Some clashed with existing things. Others simply would break the game.

Some things were not explained well. Others seemed entirely illogical.

However, I'll keep editing and updating the idea until it sounds perfect.

So, comment and give opinions. All contributions are appreciated.

The forum is for the community to do things together after all, so i'll take the time to read and integrate stuff into the idea.

Thanks again for your time.

Changes:

-Changed 4x base status requirement to 3x base status. (Contributed by Otenko)

-Added more explanation on "enhanced" proc's triggering.

-Allow 1 physical proc and 1 elemental proc to be stacked at on given time (Contributed by Otenko, Yonm)

-Changed some "enhanced" status effects. (Contributed by Leavith)

Recently I've been playing around with the Lecta since i like experimenting with weapons beacuse Lecta+Volt is somehow amusing.

With a 70% status chance in my Lecta, another 70% on my Jat Kittag, etc, I realised that status is currently very useful but ultimately loses against critical on most builds and will not make something like the Lecta go on high tier missions even if it were to go up to 100% status chance; since it still won't make up for the damage of other weapons.

I've seen a couple of posts by other people trying to address this topic but lack of response does nothing but make me think that most are currently okay with the current status' utility.

Posts by :

-Battlehotdog - Status chance based weapon?: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/145950-status-chance-based-weapon/

-IronWolfKinght - Warframe Idea: Going beyond 100% status chance: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/266402-warframe-idea-going-beyond-100-status-chance/

Stacking Status?

Similar to the red crits, it would make increasing the status chance something that would allow more variety on builds and finally give utility to the status duration mods that are currently not commonly used.

The idea is that if a weapons exceeds it's initial status chance by 3 times, an additional proc could stack with a current one of the same type and trigger an additional effect.

How would it work?

Let's imagine you triggered one proc with your Braton, for example heat, and the next shot also happens to be a status proc. It could be of any kind of damage (as it currenly is) but if it also were heat, then both status procs would stack.

When the procs stack, the inital proc continues to be active and the aditional proc would make it do 1.5x damage and "enhance" the proc for half the duration of a status proc or the remaining duration of the initial proc (which ever lasts longer).
Pretending status effects lasts 8s, it would mean the "enhancing proc" would last 4s; or less if the second proc took longer than 4s to be triggered after the initial one.
In the case of heat, it would mean you could get up to 4s of 1.5x raw Fire damage and 1.5x Fire DoT, of which a quarter  would be converted into finisher damage. (Ember please, rejoice.)

Does it have any restrictions?

To prevent it from breaking the game, only one physical proc and one elemental proc could stack at one given time and only once (normal proc + enhancing proc), but that doesn't mean you can't get a normal proc of other kind.
(So you could stack 2 heat procs, 2 slash procs and still get a normal puncture proc, but it wouldn't be able to stack)

Also, it would only work on weapons, since warframe abilities already have 100% status chance and giving them more power that they already have would predate on weapon usage.

Enhancing Procs
  • Physical
    • 18px-Impact_b.png Impact: Stagger → Knockdown and 1s of ragdoll
    • 18px-Puncture_b.png Puncture: Damage debuff → 10% Armor debuff
    • 18px-Slash_b.png Slash: Bleed DoT → Acuraccy and fire rate debuff
  • Elemental
    • 18px-Heat_b.png Heat: Fire DoT, panic → Turns 25% of fire damage into finisher damage
    • 18px-Cold_b.png Cold: Slowdown → Turns 25% of cold damage into finisher damage, freezes enemy in place
    • 18px-Electricity_b.png Electricity: Chain electric damage, stun → Turns 25% of electrical damage into finisher damage
    • 18px-Toxin_b.png Toxin: Poison DoT → Turns 25% of poison damage into finisher damage + 15% slowdown
  • Combined
    • 18px-Blast_b.png Blast: Knockdown AoE → 25% Chance to make enemy lose weapon in the blast
    • 18px-Corrosive_b.png Corrosive: Reduced armor → +5% Armor Reduction per second (up to 20% additional armor reduction) + panic
    • 18px-Gas_b.png Gas: Toxin AoE on procc'd target → Blind + panic
    • 18px-Magnetic_b.png Magnetic: Reduced shield → Shield regen + restore nullified, bullets with flight-time get homed in with a radius of 0.5m
    • 18px-Radiation_b.png Radiation: Reduced accuracy and confusion → 0.5x additional slash, viral and toxin damage + 15% slowdown
    • 18px-Viral_b.png Viral: Reduced max health → Viral AOE on procc'd target (AOE would only reduce enemy health by 25%)

For anyone reading, please comment and give your thoughts as I'll try to read them all and continue to improve the idea so it'll be seen by DE.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Lord_PM

I'd rather the extra status chance simply go towards triggering another status other than the one that procs. With multishot, that's a chance for 4 different statuses to proc, which could be more useful than pure crit damage in some situations.

Well is just me ,but i am not seeing what your trying to say what i kind of understand is this:
If a weapon original status chance get modded to be 4x u get a buff?
Or I think it is if a weapon status chance is 100% you get an extra effect?

But apart from that while I like the idea of a secondary effect I think clearing it up with logic would be better then just say it turns to finisher damage.or hey it does this now.

Here kind of what I would suggest for impact knockdown is okay ,but you could also go rag doll.

For puncture like the fact armor de-buff and it make sense ,you could do a banshee mechanic except the areas that have been puncture have no armor and if you shoot were the puncture area it the shots fire would have no damage lost to armor.

The idea here is if you leave a hole that goes through the you enemy protection the next accurate shot would follow the hole ,example puncture mean to go through any other shots fired in that same hole don't have to deal with the armor, you could also give it auto punch through if you wanna go that route.

For slash I think slowing enemy down and lowering aim would be more appropriate after all he is bleeding out and well their blood everywhere.hard to do things.

Now for fire while I like the idea of finisher damage not much logic on how will a fire ignore your armor considering is temperature ,so I would suggest enemy near the panic enemy also catch on fire ,kind of like gas effect,but just fire damage instead of gas damage.

As for ice enemy hit have a chance to loose armor or you could go with freeze effect that frost ability does since that is getting reworked. except it would have chance of freezing.

For lightning considering how lightning can cause explosion make it explode super charge the corpse that got killed so it can continue arching after the death of one for certain amount or just make like I said an explosion that arcs

Toxic it could eat armor away and lower enemy speed and fire rate you try to work while being sick and slowly dying

Now for blast procs I think that enemy that get killed or get hit have chance of losing their weapon is pretty good one

In reference to viral that also pretty good since it spreads

Gas blinding sound alright

Corrosive you can make it slowly eat away the enemy armor like enemy losses 10% of the armor every second after the initial corrosive procs .Something corrosive keeps eating away that's my logic behind this.

Magnetic well attract bullets of other enemy instead to the magnetism enemy .
Just an idea since we'll would work like bullet a tractor but for the other enemy or it could work for the Tenno

As for radiation from what I know radiation making confusion messing up your cells and stuff I feel like an effect like gas would be nice since to much radiation causes radiation poisoning and the fact that something with radiation will leak out and spread the radiation.

Edited by Leavith

Some of your suggested status procs are pretty useless compared to the current status procs.

Magnetic is already pretty useless with shield reduction. Shield regen debuff is even more useless. Only bosses, Guardian eximus, shield osprey and friends can regen shield. Guardian eximus isn't really a shield regen either but an instant shield restore while shield osprey is both regen and restore.

Viral procs don't stack so only need one proc per enemy. Having a high status chance Viral weapon with punch through or built in AoE is already more than enough. The AoE proc after that is too little too late.

Impact stun is not compatible with knockdown so I really don't know what you're trying to with that.

Some of your suggested status procs are not balanced from a game mechanic perspective.

Why do all of the single element status procs get armor-ignore finisher damage? That's in direct conflict with Puncture and Corrosive procs.

Your suggested Radiation proc is too good. There is no reason for me not to use Radiation anymore on a status weapon if it lets me proc everything better than the actual respective elements.

Problems aside, I like that you are giving status weapons a reason to go above 100%. I just don't agree with what they do.

Also, I like how physical procs have a lot more utility (well, aside from Impact).

Edited by Yopee

It's currently impossible to reach 4x base status on any weapon other than Melee weapons, and that is only if you use the Enduring Strike channeling mod (which I have never heard of people using).

Perhaps it should be 3x base status (+200%) or even 3.5x (+250%), otherwise this suggestion won't really affect any weapons.

Regardless, I think it's a neat suggestion.  But I'd just like to see 100% status chance always result in 1 physical proc and 1 elemental proc always occurring with each shot.

I'd rather the extra status chance simply go towards triggering another status other than the one that procs. With multishot, that's a chance for 4 different statuses to proc, which could be more useful than pure crit damage in some situations.

Having multiple status procc'd by one weapon would be too overpowered in my opinion; after all, you have primary, secondary and melee weapons. If all of them triggered multiple status it'd just be a return of the infamous rainbow builds that had to be shut down by damage 2.0.

However, it might be feasible to add the idea of allowing 1 physical proc and 1 elemental proc per weapon. I might add it later.

Thanks for the comment and opinion.

It's currently impossible to reach 4x base status on any weapon other than Melee weapons, and that is only if you use the Enduring Strike channeling mod (which I have never heard of people using).

Perhaps it should be 3x base status (+200%) or even 3.5x (+250%), otherwise this suggestion won't really affect any weapons.

Regardless, I think it's a neat suggestion.  But I'd just like to see 100% status chance always result in 1 physical proc and 1 elemental proc always occurring with each shot.

Thanks for the comment. I didn't realize it was not possible to obtain 4x base status. I'll fix that as soon as possible as well how procs are triggered since i may not have explained it very well.

1 physical proc and 1 elemental proc is also a great idea. Wish it had ocurred to me, I'll see how I'll add it to the idea.

Thanks for the contribution.

Some of your suggested status procs are pretty useless compared to the current status procs.

Magnetic is already pretty useless with shield reduction. Shield regen debuff is even more useless. Only bosses, Guardian eximus, shield osprey and friends can regen shield. Guardian eximus isn't really a shield regen either but an instant shield restore while shield osprey is both regen and restore.

Viral procs don't stack so only need one proc per enemy. Having a high status chance Viral weapon with punch through or built in AoE is already more than enough. The AoE proc after that is too little too late.

Impact stun is not compatible with knockdown so I really don't know what you're trying to with that.

Some of your suggested status procs are not balanced from a game mechanic perspective.

Why do all of the single element status procs get armor-ignore finisher damage? That's in direct conflict with Puncture and Corrosive procs.

Your suggested Radiation proc is too good. There is no reason for me not to use Radiation anymore on a status weapon if it lets me proc everything better than the actual respective elements.

Problems aside, I like that you are giving status weapons a reason to go above 100%. I just don't agree with what they do.

Also, I like how physical procs have a lot more utility (well, aside from Impact).

I know somethings are not balanced. I didn't really have much time to polish the main idea before posting because i had something to do irl. I'll update the procs soon. Thanks for the opinion.

PD: Yes, radiation is too OP.