Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammunition Types: A Gun "aura" Concept

Omega-Shadowblade

As we all know the warframes have their auras and the melee weapons have their stances. So for the ranged weapons category the only thing that could fit is the type of ammunition types.

So i came up with a few ideas that could be used in order to provide guns with a little more variety.

Rifles and Sniper rifles

Armor piercing rounds: adds a bit of armor ignore to each bullet as its fired allowing for those higher end enemies to still be fought without having to resort solely to a team with corrosive projection

Explosive rounds: adds a small area of effect upon each bullet impact that spreads the damage to enemies within a radius for reduced damage and crit ability also would apply damage using the same damage types as applied to the weapon

Tracer rounds: marks an opponent and for each mark placed increases damage on that opponent up to a cap and as soon as another opponent is shot the marks on the first target are removed

Shotguns

Slug: changes the shots fired from pellets to a single high power bullet in exchange for spread it gains punch through

Delayed explosives: upon impact pellets lodge into the enemy and after a delay detonate for a bit of extra damage

Bows

Composite Arrows: adds a chance for arrows to survive impact to an enemy and allows them to be picked up by walking near, no chance if it hits a wall instead of an enemy

Explosives

Mirv: causes shots to split into lower power explosives but can cover an area more effectively

These are the ideas that I have come up with so far. I cant think of how weapons that are odd like the simulor could be changed but please post your opinions and feedback.

Most of what you said is in the form of mods armor piercing= puncher. explosive arrows=blast proc/thunder bolt

I know about the explosive thunderbolt mod and i have used it and it is effective but i mean for regular conventional rifle type weaponry. Also my idea of armor piercing isn't the same idea as punch through. punch through means more enemies hit, armor piercing is ignoring a portion of damage reduction due to armor.

I know about the explosive thunderbolt mod and i have used it and it is effective but i mean for regular conventional rifle type weaponry. Also my idea of armor piercing isn't the same idea as punch through. punch through means more enemies hit, armor piercing is ignoring a portion of damage reduction due to armor.

I wasn't talking about punch through I was talking about puncture and there's always blast procs.

I wasn't talking about punch through I was talking about puncture and there's always blast procs.

Puncture does deal bonus damage to armor but it is still affected by armor damage reduction so even it falls off in the end. And i'm not sure at all what you are saying about blast procs here.

My mentioning of blast procs was in response to you asking for explosive amnution.

Ah yes the idea behind my explosive ammunition is not just wanting my bullets to explode, but to be able to take a weapon that only generally can affect a single target and spread some of that damage to the surrounding enemies as well as proc statuses. i.e. take a braton with cold damage on it and fire at a group and the whole group will take cold damage and maybe a slow proc to increase crowd effectiveness

Ah yes the idea behind my explosive ammunition is not just wanting my bullets to explode, but to be able to take a weapon that only generally can affect a single target and spread some of that damage to the surrounding enemies as well as proc statuses. i.e. take a braton with cold damage on it and fire at a group and the whole group will take cold damage and maybe a slow proc to increase crowd effectiveness

So it doesn't actually explode, but rather extend the effective range of the damage it already does? Love the idea but maybe explosive rounds is the wrong name. If you're spreading the damage around then maybe like pulse rounds or something.