Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustration With De.

ProfessorMeeseeks

Since the Glaive update and all the frustration that brought, I would think DE would have learned by now that making everything only being able to be obtained through ? alerts or by platinum only frustrates their players. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. Yes I understand they need to make money, but continuing to make everything obtainable through ? alerts is NOT the way to go. First it was the Glaive, then Vauban, and now Frost Prime is only able to be obtained by void keys which I assume are only platinum and ? alerts. DE is taking a very wrong turn here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I paid for a founders package because I loved the game and how newbie friendly the game was. Now it's no longer like that. New players have to grind through several planets to get things they want because everything is now blueprints. More and more stuff is added to ? alerts and only makes it more frustrating when somebody misses the alert they want. Everything is overpriced when it comes to platinum. Everything is becoming more and more difficult to obtain. DE is taking a very wrong turn in this aspect.

Why make a warframe even more difficult to obtain then Banshee? Why make a much anticipated weapon such as the Glaive only obtainable through ? alerts? Why give everyone a Frost Prime (another highly anticipated thing) blueprint and then make it only obtainable through the void which costs platinum or waiting for days upon end to get an alert for one?

In my eyes DE has started to become money hungry and will go to the extent of pushing people away to get it. I am starting to wonder if I should bother with this game anymore because of how the last few updates have been. It's extremely frustrating for the players. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Since the Glaive update and all the frustration that brought, I would think DE would have learned by now that making everything only being able to be obtained through ? alerts or by platinum only frustrates their players. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. Yes I understand they need to make money, but continuing to make everything obtainable through ? alerts is NOT the way to go. First it was the Glaive, then Vauban, and now Frost Prime is only able to be obtained by void keys which I assume are only platinum and ? alerts. DE is taking a very wrong turn here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I paid for a founders package because I loved the game and how newbie friendly the game was. Now it's no longer like that. New players have to grind through several planets to get things they want because everything is now blueprints. More and more stuff is added to ? alerts and only makes it more frustrating when somebody misses the alert they want. Everything is overpriced when it comes to platinum. Everything is becoming more and more difficult to obtain. DE is taking a very wrong turn in this aspect.

Why make a warframe even more difficult to obtain then Banshee? Why make a much anticipated weapon such as the Glaive only obtainable through ? alerts? Why give everyone a Frost Prime (another highly anticipated thing) blueprint and then make it only obtainable through the void which costs platinum or waiting for days upon end to get an alert for one?

In my eyes DE has started to become money hungry and will go to the extent of pushing people away to get it. I am starting to wonder if I should bother with this game anymore because of how the last few updates have been. It's extremely frustrating for the players. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

seems only with you and few others it seems. if you dont have money sorry work hard  get a job or wait patiently for this ? alerts. that is all.

Actually, I just got a void key from doing 5 waves of a mid-level Infestation def mission. (ironically, I joined late, and killed only 1 enemy)

So I think they're being pretty generous with those.

Edited by MXXVI

I got a void key from wave 5 ED on jupiter and some rare mods during the mission..... i got the glaive BP in the daily login.

If anything i think they have reached equilibrium in their RNG system whereby there is a decent chance to get something good, but it is not guaranteed.

I don't find anything overpriced for plat, infact i am sure the sentinels have come down in price, they are now 75?

In essence, i disagree with you, sorry.

Mmmmm.I agree.It's allright if alert missions all had a ? reward,but now they are uncommon,and well,they are blueprints that requires materials,which is another annoyance.I'd say they either should make every alert mission have a ? reward or they just put another way of obtaining the items.I think that making every alert mission have a ? reward is enough,as it will make people stop farming only on defense missions or bosses for most items.

PS:I'm talking about if they add even more items as ? rewards.

Edited by SirIsaacNewton

bought the glaive.

i have 3 glaive BPs in my inventory.

i dont like the system. but thye seem to like it alot. so long as i can eventually get what i want im ok with it.

but it all comes down to when you are on or if you can get to a computer in time. so yeah. system is still BS in my book. but atleast its not THAT rare. hardest thing to get for me was the plasma sword honestly.

random be random yo.

seems only with you and few others it seems. if you dont have money sorry work hard  get a job or wait patiently for this ? alerts. that is all.

This has nothing to do with money. This is about making the game into nothing but farming stuff. It is about new content being extremely difficult to obtain. It is about people who don't have the money getting more and more frustrated because they keep missing the alerts for something they want. I know of a few people who have already left the game because of the whole Glaive and Vauban thing. If DE wants to lose more players and more money then they are doing a good job at that.

It is likely your frustration is from assuming Void Keys are dropped only from "?" Alerts when that is not the case. They can be found as loot throughout the solar system - they can be obtained by playing.

Thank you for clarifying. There was no real clarification on how these were obtainable thus resulting in people assuming that it was ? alert only.

If people are leaving the game because they didn't get that annoying bloody glaive for free, then that's probably a good thing for the rest of us.

I mean my GOD, if I had to hear any more "FWOOP-FWOOP-FWOOP-FWOOP-FWOOP" spam, I think I might start frothing at the mouth...

It is likely your frustration is from assuming Void Keys are dropped only from "?" Alerts when that is not the case. They can be found as loot throughout the solar system - they can be obtained by playing.

I love DE. Keep being awesome.

If people are leaving the game because they didn't get that annoying bloody glaive for free, then that's probably a good thing for the rest of us.

I mean my GOD, if I had to hear any more "FWOOP-FWOOP-FWOOP-FWOOP-FWOOP" spam, I think I might start frothing at the mouth...

Actually they left because things are getting extremely difficult to obtain and things are overpriced. I would be more then happy to pay platinum for things if it wasn't so expensive. I'm not saying everything should be easily obtainable. I'm saying making everything obtainable through ? alerts is not fair to the playerbase and it causes people who cannot afford to put money into the game more and more frustrated resulting in them leaving. My friends left because they felt forced to pay for things because of the extremely low chance of getting things through the ? alerts. Not because they wanted everything given to them on a silver platter.

Your friends were playing for strange reasons then.

This is a game about space ninjas kicking the crap out of things. That's the focus.

Considering that DE are trying to make money out of this, I'd say they've done a great job - the weapons are balanced. I've kicked just as much crap (out of things) with the Braton as I have with the Hek.

Meanwhile, if I want a bit of diversity, I can aim towards collecting a few things to build (quite cheaply) new weapons or warframes.

If your friends felt "forced" to buy platinum to acquire loot, they need to have a good old think about why the hell they were playing the game in the first place.

I mean hell...within my first week of playing, I'd already used up all my weapon slots acquiring new gear.

To this day, the only plat I've bought...I spent on cosmetic stuff. I didn't even buy my sentinel with it.

Edited by MXXVI

Well that was a little rude...

I saw about ten alerts today. A grand total of one was a ? alert. It had a mag helm.

About 6 of them were 2000 credit alerts. The other two? 5k credits, so it wasn't too bad.

But that 1/10 chance followed by a 1/25+ chance of it actually being the item you want? Well that's a little insane.

I do agree that some of the fancier, prettier weapons can easily come from only alerts like that, but a heavily hyped weapon or an entire character is a little much...

Well personally, the same day I finished building my Rhino, I got the Rhino Thrak helm from an alert mission.

And let's flip this around for a moment:

Let's say you're a gamer with money to spend, and you want to support the game...so you buy a load of plat, and buy some stuff.

And then you end up with a bazillion copies of the thing you just spent real money on. Are you going to want to spend money on such things again?

If there is nothing even remotely unique to be gained from spending plat, except a little instant gratification, what's the appeal?

Well personally, the same day I finished building my Rhino, I got the Rhino Thrak helm from an alert mission.

And let's flip this around for a moment:

Let's say you're a gamer with money to spend, and you want to support the game...so you buy a load of plat, and buy some stuff.

And then you end up with a bazillion copies of the thing you just spent real money on. Are you going to want to spend money on such things again?

If there is nothing even remotely unique to be gained from spending plat, except a little instant gratification, what's the appeal?

None. But either side is bad.

We need the middle ground.

Well, the real problem is that the platinum prices are too high. If they were lower, or there was regular good sales, people would just buy them instead of having to wait for the ? alerts. If there was an item at 50% off every week people would totally buy it... that or if items didn't cost 10-30 dollars a pop. Why do prices have to be so high? They'd probably make far more money with volume if they sold them at lower prices, they're just encouraging people to grind for them and then upsetting us when the grind is random.

To put that into perspective you have to compare what you pay for Platinum in Warframe to other games. Buying a single Warframe or bundle costs you as much as you might pay for a complete game elsewhere. And there is lots and lots of stuff in Warframe you can buy.

I have bought the Founder's package because I like Warframe, but there is only so much money I'm willing to spend on a game.

So every decision to buy something in the market is one carefully made.

Edited by breakandburn

JoOooooooker. WHy no one talks about inventory slots? those are the dumbest crap i ve ever seen of a game.... using plats for inventory slots when u have so little to begin with.. plats should only be used for aesthetic items such as colour tiles and fancy costumes not game changing crap like slots and better frames or better weapons. And not to mention, alerts are also kinda dumb... DE should change the alerts into daily missions which renews daily that drops random generated alert ? loots instead of everyone getting the same bullcrap for every ? alert.

JoOooooooker. WHy no one talks about inventory slots? those are the dumbest crap i ve ever seen of a game.... using plats for inventory slots when u have so little to begin with.. plats should only be used for aesthetic items such as colour tiles and fancy costumes not game changing crap like slots and better frames or better weapons. And not to mention, alerts are also kinda dumb... DE should change the alerts into daily missions which renews daily that drops random generated alert ? loots instead of everyone getting the same bullcrap for every ? alert.

I agree with you, the inventory slots are $&*&*#(%&. Deleting weapons just to create space is stupid. Oh and a bugged alert mission cheated me out on my Trinity Helm. I can safely say I am currently frustrated with DE. AND why the hell do I have to check the twitter/app to see what the ? Alert drop is going to be. Why can't they just tell me ingame? Wtf is that about?

I do actually tend to agree about your daily mission idea, seen it in other games and it works ok. However are you advocating only one daily mission a day, so only one ?

I totally don't align with your crappy attitude though, or that slots are game changing. They make it more enjoyable, sure, so you have to pay for it. You can play the game without additional slots just not how you want to. Also there are no weapons or frames that are plat only.

I have to agree that the suddenly exceedingly rare "?" reward alert missions are really ridiculous--alert missions seem ANYTHING BUT rewarding anymore. There needs to be a more steady flow of "?" rewards--just tailor the chance of each reward accordingly. Cuz I've pretty much all but given up waiting on the twitter with breath so bated I turn blue to just see a mission that rewards more than just credits.

To put it simply: a chance in hell at getting the "?" reward you want is A LOT MORE ENCOURAGING than a chance in hell to even HAVE a chance in hell to get the reward you desire.

Edited by Kithkyubi