Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Ops 3 Or Fallout 4

bigdongbandito

Before you start hating on Call of Duty and how Fallout 4 will be MASSIVELY SUPERIOR, do know that I only asked the question because I genuinely do not know. 

I am generally a CoD hater, I really am, since....CoD. I play Battlefield. Battlefield players hate CoD. It's simple. But in my opinion the best CoD was World At War and Black Ops 2 (CoD 4 MW is alright too). 

Fallout 4 is the other game on my radar this year. It has sort of a RPG feel, and its Fallout, so enough said. It should be fabulous. 

Now, some people are going to argue that because Fallout 3 was SO GOOD and it was one of the BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME, while I agree with that, it is no promise that Fallout 4 will be better than Blops3. Who knows? Maybe CoD will step up their game this time. (I mean, it is by Treyarch, and IMO Trey is the best CoD developer) 

Another reason is for the zombies. 

In fact, the reason I bought Black Ops 2 in the first place, was purely for the zombies. I did not care about multiplayer. I did not care about singleplayer. For the first week of owning the game, I only played zombies. I eventually got to be pretty good at it. With a friend i can go well above 100. 

Please leave your genuine, unbiased decision, and please don't hate on my stupidity by comparing these two games. 

Both.

Fallout 4 for the single player and mods.

CoD: Black Ops 3 for the multiplayer 

I too used to hate CoD, but I tried out Ghosts (I know, it's the worst CoD game of recent date) and had some fun with it while playing it. 

Edited by TheErebus.

Fallout 4. Honestly, if it's anything like New Vegas (which it should be, NV > F3, come at me) it'll be great. From the looks of things they're doing some new stuff. Meanwhile, BO3 probably won't have a stellar campaign (as expected) so all you'll have is the multiplayer. That could be great fun, sure, but I suppose the question comes down to which you want; a single player open world adventure, or a multiplayer pvp shootfest.

I hear fallout 4 will be a major screw up tho

Nobody knows how it will turn out. The people saying it'll be bad are the edgy vg kids who don't like fun.

They offer different experiences, which makes it difficult to compare them directly, so it depends on what you like more: multiplayer zombies or singleplayer RPG (w/ modding potential on PC).

You are wise to not automatically like Fallout 4 simply because Fallout 3 was decent.  Already, Bethesda has shown that they've made some changes to their usual formula.  Voiced MCs and that damnable dialog wheel, for example.

I don't play nor pay attention to CoD, so I've no opinion there.

I hear fallout 4 will be a major screw up tho, so hold on to the idea of fallout until the mods fixes what is wrong 

I dunno where you heard that, it's not even out, way too early to judge. You can't call something a screw up when you don't even know how the game plays out :P

It completely depends though, they're way too different. Im a fan of treyarch since I personally loved WaW, but I also love Bethesda because most, if not all, their games are pretty high quality and damn awesome

if Fallout was still made by interplay I would say go for it, but its not, its made by bethesda... skyrim on PC without mods is best not spoken about

What are you talking about? Skyrim alone was one of the best RPG games, that also helped revive the RPG genre. Even without mods it's definitely one of the best games of it's year

Edited by SgtFlex

All you need is Warframe!

Seriously, neither of those game hold any interest for me, I have played some CoD titels and i go through singel-player once and then play the multiplayer for about a week and then lose all interest. Fallout 3 i did the main story once, then i moded the game and messed around for a while before losing interest.

I would recomend Killing Floor 2 ( or killing floor 1 if you are on a budget) probably get more bang for your buck there than any of those other games.

Fallout 4. Having played each of Bethesda's games for hundreds of hours, I know I'm going to enjoy playing the upcoming Fallout much more than virtually anything else. Those who say it's going to be a screw-up are trying to be 'down-to-earth' and 'gritty'. Don't listen to them - Bethesda delivers. 

Bottom line is - if you've enjoyed their previous work, there's no way for Beth not to enamour you with Fallout 4.

both

as huge lover of fallout ill be playing it nonstop once it drops

black ops 3, is being made by treyarch

the makers of black ops 2 and 1, the best selling cods of all time for good reason

better maps

more balance in the multiplayer

zombies

treyarch kills it every time

even their story is well done

i frankly don't understand your question tbh

two very different games

that have so little relation to begin with comparing them really doesn't make sense

also

on the note of F4 being sorta an rpg

lol

no

it is an rpg

What are you talking about? Skyrim alone was one of the best RPG games, that also helped revive the RPG genre. Even without mods it's definitely one of the best games of it's year

what are you talking about? skyrim revived what? RPG was dying? when? Skyrim took RPG and killed it for Die hard RPG fans and made it more for the casual fanbase, you would notice the main storyline was also lackluster compared to previous elderscroll games

Edited by Sibernetika

All you need is Warframe!

Seriously, neither of those game hold any interest for me, I have played some CoD titels and i go through singel-player once and then play the multiplayer for about a week and then lose all interest. Fallout 3 i did the main story once, then i moded the game and messed around for a while before losing interest.

I would recomend Killing Floor 2 ( or killing floor 1 if you are on a budget) probably get more bang for your buck there than any of those other games.

Im sorry, but I stated that the only game i wish to purchase is either Blops3 or Fallout 4. I have seen all the other games that are going to be released this year, and i have not found interest in any. Thanks for suggestion tho

what are you talking about? skyrim revived what? RPG was dying? when? Skyrim took RPG and killed it for Die hard RPG fans and made it more for the casual fanbase, you would notice the main storyline was also lackluster compared to previous elderscroll games

What killed what? Skyrim sure as hell didn't kill anything, and while certain elements may have been 'casualised', there's nothing inherently wrong with that. And this is coming from a guy who enjoys Dragon Age: Origins and KOTOR. There are games for those who call themselves "die hard RPG fans"  - they are called tabletop RPGs. Everything else is fair game.