Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#deathtothelotus

Many american works of literature, movies and games have a very simplistic black and white view of morality. 

that is good guys vs bad guys with no amount of gradient between them.  

The good guys are always pure and the bad guys are always evil to the core. 

Its a cheesy one dimensional clutch that degrades storytelling in my opinion. 

Just as characters in many american stories be it in books, movies or in games seems unable to handle more then one emotion at a time. 

*COUGHSTARWARSCOUGH*

Edited by Institute-Marksman

"The Operator fails to see the connection of that quote to the black and white morality of the Force from Star Wars."

It was a counterpoint to you claiming Star Wars as a counterpoint to Ghost's statement that black-and-white storytelling is mundane and somewhat boring.

It was a counterpoint to you claiming Star Wars as a counterpoint to Ghost's statement that black-and-white storytelling is mundane and somewhat boring.

Oh. It's about morality, not storytelling. Cuz that's okay, but the fact that you can only either be Jedi or Sith when you have the force is kinda weird. Not to forget about the weirdness of lightsabers. Apparently, you need the Force to wield a piece of technology. I mean, IT'S A FUKKIN SWORD, not a fighter jet. It goes swish-swish-stab.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Oh. It's about morality, not storytelling. Cuz that's okay, but the fact that you can only either be Jedi or Sith when you have the force is kinda weird. Not to forget about the weirdness of lightsabers. Apparently, you need the Force to wield a piece of technology.

Boba Fett and that Mandalorian dude from the cartoon wielded lightsabers, and they don't have the Force.  

Oh. It's about morality, not storytelling. Cuz that's okay, but the fact that you can only either be Jedi or Sith when you have the force is kinda weird. Not to forget about the weirdness of lightsabers. Apparently, you need the Force to wield a piece of technology. I mean, IT'S A FUKKIN SWORD, not a fighter jet. It goes swish-swish-stab.

actually no. There are dark jedi who are neutral. They aren't on either side but you don't see them in the movies. A good example would be Revan.

And Boba Fett was mentioned. If you don't have super reflexes there would be no reason to use a sword over guns.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Ok, so my original rant that started this thread may not have got what I wanted to say out. 

The lotus has recently revealed what she is.

I don't trust the fact she betrayed her kind.

What made us her 'Children'. 

I would like to chose who I follow.

Its a nice idea and it most likely wont happen but its a nice idea.

Red Veil are my syndicate.

Lotus is just a person who betrayed her family and adopted the Tenno, I respect that she has saved not once but twice as she saved us from vor and she didn't kill us like she was meant to. 

I have gotten bored of her saying my shields will be decreased as I'm already on my way to extraction or any other thing that she says late.

She the 'Space Mom' but everyone leaves the nest eventually.

There is no nest. We'd be lost and break out into a 3-4 way war if it weren't for her.

Don't we already do that when it comes to Rail wars, well back before DE turned them off? Also (looking at it from an outside game point), Even if Lotus was not around to guide us, DE would find some way for us to find out information and do with it what they wanted us to do. They could literally have our Listet get bricks through the windows with notes that say "Grineer called you Fat and your Kubrow is weak! You gonna take that?" and some players would probably still wipe the Grineer off the map for it.

#Lotus4Life

I don't think any of the syndicates would want to be my handler. I've turned on every one of them at least once, most I've betrayed twice. And I will again, when new syndicate mods come out.

Lotus Mom is Best Space Mom. I am more than happy to be Her surrogate child. Missions just wouldn't be the same without my lotus voice.

I feel like we've grown closer to mumsy, now. Whether she wanted it or not, we learned a little bit about her past, and now we need to decide. Are we going to judge our adoptive mother, when she was just another byproduct/victim of the Orokin and their cruel empire? All she ever wanted was a child of her own. A murderous, psychopathic child that smashes everything looking for shiny things.

Besides, her model just got PBRd and mommy looks FINE.

Lotus be like "Noooo, im losing control"

ExORpxS.jpg

I never realized how much this picture looked like her until now. so thanks for posting this.

also DAM this artist is good. this has got so much detail I think I could still find parts of the picture I missed after looking at it for an hour or 2.