The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Hek Build?

Trickst3rGawd

Question

9 answers to this question

Well "better" is sorta relative depending on player reference, but here's mah Hek build:

1. (Primed) Point Blank

2. Hell's Chamber

3. Scattered Justice (Meridian augment)

4. Ammo Stock (+2 shells)

5. Toxic Barrage

6. Frigid Blast

7. Blaze

8. Scattering Inferno

Seeing how it already has a high puncture damage, I decided to just go with a Viral+Heat build. Pretty decent and could last me in a Raid mission.

Sobek is not very good. it hasn't been since Damage 2.0.

and a suggestion for a Mod Loadout.

mnuaozb.png

obviously use Elementals that are pertinent to your current Enemies. sometimes, that means Blaze won't fit very well. you'll just have to deal with that. Elemental Combo's are critically important to all Weapons.

Seeking Fury is great IMO, as the low Magazine makes you want faster Reload, but you also often want Punch-Through to make your small Magazine hit more Enemies too, and that's both.

Breach Loader can be quite effective depending on your current Enemies. such as Grineer(Corrupted to a lesser but similar degree), where you'd want Radiation for Alloy Armor(Corrosive for Corrupted), and then you have some choices. Toxin is a small bonus to Ferrite Armor, however Puncture is a moderate bonus to Ferrite Armor, as well as a very minor bonus to Alloy Armor. (Ice instead of Toxin for Corrupted)

meaning Puncture can be a fantastic choice.

i like Ammo Stock for the extra 2 Shells, but i could see having even more Reload speed, or just more Damage if you feel that 4 Shots with a couple second Reload is okay for you in Combat. i don't think it's quite practical that way though.

Edited by taiiat

Here is my build:

- (Primed) Point Blank

- Hell's Chamber

- Vicious Spread

- Shattered Justice

- Contagious Spread

- Frigid Blast

- Blaze

- Shell Shock

You can replace the dual stat mods with pure elementals. I just like that almost 100% status chance.

I build like http://goo.gl/qQ8Ttj

Some notes; I consider Seeking Fury and Ammo Stock necessary QoL mods. I prefer damage over status from my elementals, as the high %age of Puncture procs highly dilutes the value of a proc build (IMO).Swap elements by faction obviously.

As for why we use Hell's Chamber and Blaze, why we don't use Vicious Spread;

Hell's Chamber with the Synd mod already installed = 120%/300% = +40% damage

Vicious Spread with Primed Point Blank and Blaze already installed = 90%/325% = +27.7% damage

VS with PPB installed (No Blaze, ie. instead of Blaze) = 90/265 = +34% damage

Blaze with PPB+VS, 180% element installed = ((1+60%/265%) * (1+60%/280%)-1) =  1.2264*1.2143-1 = +48.92% damage