Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities Ui Needs A Lot Of Work

This is what we get when we access the abilities screen:

Yzris2Z.jpg

Now, this screen contains only a tiny bit of info of what we actually need to know.

My idea is that on this screen we can click on the skills taking us to another screen that explains in text form all the ins and outs of the skill we clicked on.

Let's take a look at the stats, in this screen are shown just the base stats of the skills at their current level, I think the stats should be updated accordingly to the mods we have equipped, modding would be way easier this way. Sure we could just do the math calculating the %s we get on the warframe upgrade screen, but that's no fun.

^ IT HAPPENED!

Now, another thing we don't get to know unless we look at the wiki or just by messing around, is what mods effect the skills, you'd think Mesa's Peacemaker would be affected by range mods, but you'd be mistaken. We need just a little text that says "Affected by: Range, Strength, Duration mods." that changes according to the skill selected.

Augment mods also need to be implemented in this screen, most of the mods are self explanatory, but having a thorough description definitely wouldn't hurt. As I explained in the previous point, these skills change based on what mods we have equipped, again, these changes need to be represented on screen with numbers that we can look at.

Descriptions are as bare bones as they can be, looking at the screen above you can see that there's hardly any space for a decent description, let's take Valkyr's Hysteria as an example, as you can see, nowhere in the text it says that you become invulnerable for the time period it is active, it doesn't even mention that the strength (and speed? Sorry not a Valkyr player) are affected by the melee weapon you have currently equipped. Many descriptions omit skill details that should be explained to us.

Since DE started implementing passive abilities into more frames, I think we should get to know what our frame's passive ability is on this screen. A new player would never know that Excalibur has a 10% bonus to damage and attack speed with some very specific weapons, nor that Mirage rolls faster and Zephyr jumps higher and falls down slower. These are informations that need to be there for us to see.

I think that's all that needs to be changed, as it stands right now, this menu is pretty useless, as with weapons and warframes, abilities need to give us all the stats and info we need.

Edited by JesterTheNight

Now, another thing we don't get to know unless we look at the wiki or just by messing around, is what mods effect the skills, you'd think Mesa's Peacemaker would be affected by range mods, but you'd be mistaken. We need just a little text that says "Affected by: Range, Strength, Duration mods." that changes according to the skill selected.

Agree with this. 

I'm mastery Rank 12, been playing for years....and i honestly don't know what makes frost's snow bubble last. If i get into the snow bubble gameplay style, im heading over to the wiki to find out. That shouldn't be the case o_O

I did know at one time, when the snow bubble was invulnerable, that you went with straight up Continuity mods, since powers change a lot recently, i lose track of what is doing what to which power.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with this. 

I'm mastery Rank 12, been playing for years....and i honestly don't know what makes frost's snow bubble last. If i get into the snow bubble gameplay style, im heading over to the wiki to find out. That shouldn't be the case o_O

I did know at one time, when the snow bubble was invulnerable, that you went with straight up Continuity mods, since powers change a lot recently, i lose track of what is doing what to which power.

Having to go to an external source for this info is not that great, this stuff could easily be shown ingame. The UI really needs an overhaul.

Agree with this. 

It is now forever unless it takes damage (you probably know that), amusing side note though, in the abilities tab, it says:

TIME INVULNERABLE            4

which I assume is leftovers from when it was invulnerable, now the 4 means 4 globes at a time.

I also agree, some info there is relatively useful, but I inevitably have to make my way to the wiki to answer one question or another when playing a new frame for the first time.

• 1 month later...